+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 11 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Re: Things I don't like about the new stadium

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko
    Do you need reservations? I'm thinking NYY Steak before playoff games
    I can vouch for NYY Steak. It is fabulous! You spend more than you would for anything else in the stadium, of course, but not so much more that it isn't well worth it. My sister and I had dinner there with Ellsworth and a couple of her friends on the night Jeter broke Gehrig's record. The only issue that I have with it is that it gets a bit loud in there but I can live with it.

Yes, you definitely need a reservation. It might already be too late to get one before any of the playoff games, but you can give it a try. Get there as early as you can and allow 1 1/2 - 2 hours for dinner. You won't regret it.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

Released Outright

Things I don't like about the new stadium? The fact that I can only afford to go to 4 games this year (as opposed to 10 or so in the old stadium).

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man
    I can vouch for NYY Steak. It is fabulous!
    I would like to put in a recommendation for Lobel's, if you have time, that beef is so amazingly tender, I love to eat it whenever I get a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by machphantom
    I would like to put in a recommendation for Lobel's, if you have time, that beef is so amazingly tender, I love to eat it whenever I get a chance.
    i will 100% second that recommendation. and if you like pieces more well done, dont feel pressured to ask them. the first time i had it, it was too under cook for my taste and the second time i went, i asked for well done pieces and they happily put them on. so much more enjoyable and sure as hell worth every penny in that $15

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ellsworth
    Treat yourself..and try the NYY STEAKHOUSE..Its awesome and if you eat there before the game, you wont need to have any other thing to eat
    Take the elevators man, they're awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by machphantom
    IMO you guys are in the wrong thread thread

http://forums.nyyfans.com/showthread...117509&page=10

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man
    I can vouch for NYY Steak. It is fabulous! You spend more than you would for anything else in the stadium, of course, but not so much more that it isn't well worth it. My sister and I had dinner there with Ellsworth and a couple of her friends on the night Jeter broke Gehrig's record. The only issue that I have with it is that it gets a bit loud in there but I can live with it.

Yes, you definitely need a reservation. It might already be too late to get one before any of the playoff games, but you can give it a try. Get there as early as you can and allow 1 1/2 - 2 hours for dinner. You won't regret it.
    yes I can vouch for NYYSteak as well, it is a really nice classy place. Food is excellent. Lobster mac and cheese is great. I went on a non gameday so it was fairly empty, other people were there though, which surprised me so I didnt make reservations.

on gamedays you need tickets to the game
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by ellsworth
    Treat yourself..and try the NYY STEAKHOUSE..Its awesome and if you eat there before the game, you wont need to have any other thing to eat
    I read that there was a 30 day reservation window, so I tried last week for one of the ALCS Saturday games, they said to call back once we know those games will happen. Anyway is there a dress code to this place?
    "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent"

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kirbivore
    Anyway is there a dress code to this place?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by kirbivore
    I read that there was a 30 day reservation window, so I tried last week for one of the ALCS Saturday games, they said to call back once we know those games will happen. Anyway is there a dress code to this place?
    I called and asked about that specifically cause I didnt want to show up and get rejected at the door with my chick.

On gamedays they sort of relax the dress code so you can get in with a jersey and jeans, just not super sloppy ie. beer stains from the 1998 postseason, tshirt showing your gut etc..

on non gamedays they enforce the dresscode so you have to have atleast a polo shirt and dark colored jeans
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

Quote Originally Posted by The Q Bomb
    Things I don't like about the new stadium? The fact that I can only afford to go to 4 games this year (as opposed to 10 or so in the old stadium).
    Not to assume too much but I think 4 is a little low, in regards to ticket prices that is. I've seen tickets on StubHub for $3 a seat. Hell, yesterday I put mine on a declining price and they started at $18 and sold for $3.50! So skip that morning coffee and go to a ball game.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BronxYanks45
    I called and asked about that specifically cause I didnt want to show up and get rejected at the door with my chick.

On gamedays they sort of relax the dress code so you can get in with a jersey and jeans, just not super sloppy ie. beer stains from the 1998 postseason, tshirt showing your gut etc..

on non gamedays they enforce the dresscode so you have to have atleast a polo shirt and dark colored jeans
    Did they say how lax they get on gamedays?

Can you wear flip-flops? Sweatshirts? T-shirt over a long sleeved shirt?
    Life is a Waste of Time, Time is a Waste of Life, so let's get Wasted all the Time, and have the Time of our Lives

It's not about the destination. It's about the journey.

"Only the good die young"

Quote Originally Posted by yanksrule69

When I was there a couple of weeks ago, I didn't notice anyone wearing anything extreme, although I'm not always one to notice these things. I had on relatively new blue jeans and a t-shirt (no collar) from the '08 All-Star game. I would suggest dressing in a presentable way meaning if you think it might be questionable, it probably is.
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo
    i hate that it is all concrete, very cold.
    I agree. There is not nearly enough blue in the stadium. Way too much white.
    Never Trust A Man With No Shirt On

I don't like that I haven't been there this year.
    Metallica. Screaming crowd. Jog to the mound. Game over. - Chad Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by AnAbombfromA-rod13
    On the subject of concessions, the other day the guy miss charged me in my favor not charging me for a cheeseberger and a drink. when i realized and told my girlfriend she carried on how i should go back but i refused . It felt like for once i was getting over on the yankees and felt it was justified for there outragous food prices and the stupid service charges on ticketmaster . Sadly that made my day as the Yanks lost to the o's.
    If my girlfriend pulled a move like that, I would've started laughing until she broke up with me.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by ThaKoolAidKid
    Not to assume too much but I think 4 is a little low, in regards to ticket prices that is. I've seen tickets on StubHub for $3 a seat. Hell, yesterday I put mine on a declining price and they started at $18 and sold for $3.50! So skip that morning coffee and go to a ball game.
    I've come to realize that "I can't afford to go to a game" generally means that I can't afford the field level seats behind the plate and the seats that I can afford aren't good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeebot
    I've come to realize that "I can't afford to go to a game" generally means that I can't afford the field level seats behind the plate and the seats that I can afford aren't good enough for me.
    Agree, upper deck seat prices for advanced purchase didn't go up and they have absolutely been available below face for many non-prime games in the secondary market; there were a number of games where we didn't sell our tix at any price even 1/2 face value and they went unused. And the view of the game upstairs is good, even if it's a little further from the field in the new staduim.

And that's what I dislike most in the new stadium, the loudest fans have been economically pushed further from the field diminishing the effect of the home field advantage.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yanksrule69

on gamedays jeans, sweatshirts, jerseys, tshirt over longsleve are all fine as long as you appearance is neat (not sloppy) but i'd skip the flip-flops, besides its getting cold

NYYF Legend

yankee tickets were going for less than 2 bucks on stubhub earlier this year

yankee tickets were going for less than 2 bucks on stubhub earlier this year
    I bought 3 Grandstand for a total of $15 on a Thursday night in late April.

Released Outright

it's beyond ridiculous that all the waterfountains in the bleachers section never work. they haven't worked all season.

Quote Originally Posted by delv
    it's beyond ridiculous that all the waterfountains in the bleachers section never work. they haven't worked all season.
    There are water fountains out there?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BRNXBMRS
    I bought 3 Grandstand for a total of $15 on a Thursday night in late April.
    Can't beat that! I bet it'll be like that every April. Even then I'm renewing my seats

Released Outright

I was at the game last night and every time I go to The Stadium I like it less and less. There are plenty of things I do like: the food, the banners hanging everywhere, the Yankee artwork, etc. But each time I go, I feel more and more restricted.

The seating areas offer better views but are definitely constricting. The rows are longer and you have to climb over a minimum of 10 people if you are sitting in the middle. Everywhere you walk in that stadium there are areas that you can't enter, have to go around, have security "guarding", as if you are walking through FBI headquarters instead of a ballpark (because, after all, isn't that what this is first and foremost, rather than a conference facility or restaurant?).

The walls down the lines and surrounding the outfield are higher than in the old stadium and too high, IMO. The ailes have higher solid walls, instead of the open bar type separation that would allow you to reach over and shake hands, pass something around, etc.

The thing I really can't get over is that The Bleachers have been moved so far back from the field. The Bleacher Creatures are one of the components that have added to The Yankees' popularity and mystique since the late 90s; the fact that this vital piece of the fanbase was basically shafted boggles my mind. (And, just to make it clear, I am not a Bleacher Creature and have only sat in the bleachers once in my life - September 78 against The Red Sox. Lucky I'm still alive!)

The team has had a magnificent season and I really believe that the new stadium has gradually been adopted and made our own now, however, while The Yankees should be lauded for providing their fans the finest of facilities and amenities, you cannot deny that they have certainly not considered all fans, especially their core, "average working Joe" fan, with some of the things they chose to do with their new facility.

Devoted Member

This is for any Yankee Management reading this thread - I have a small suggestion for improvement: they should provide horseradish for the Lobels sandwiches in Legends like they have at the stand. They didn't have any when I sat in Legends a couple of weeks ago.

Thread Information