+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Re: Things I don't like about the new stadium

Quote Originally Posted by BRNXBMRS
    I dont remember anyone comapring it to Wrigely or Fenway and no question its way too commercial. If youre a Yankee fan I dont know how you can stop rooting for them and simply get on another teams wagon.
    i don't either, obviously i can't just be turn if off for the yankees ... but aren't you sick how the yankees have operated over the last 6-8 years ? buying the biggest name on the market ... kevin brown, giambi, sheffield, arod, contreras, mussina, big unit, clemens, sabathia, burnett, tex ... and never getting anywhere. the stadium experience on monday just solidified my growing dislike of this team.

Quote Originally Posted by jeter62375
    i'm willing to bet that i know more about baseball and it's history than you've forgotten. enjoying buying every bigtime free agent who's available and never winning a ring.
    Isn't the burn that you forgot more about baseball than we all know?

i'm willing to bet that i know more about baseball and it's history than you've forgotten.
    Well, troj beat me to it, but I certainly have little doubt this is true. I haven't forgotten very much, so that would be a low bar for you to beat.
    enjoying buying every bigtime free agent who's available and never winning a ring.
    As Dennis Green would say, you are who we thought you are.

i don't either, obviously i can't just be turn if off for the yankees ... but aren't you sick how the yankees have operated over the last 6-8 years ? buying the biggest name on the market ... kevin brown, giambi, sheffield, arod, contreras, mussina, big unit, clemens, sabathia, burnett, tex ... and never getting anywhere. the stadium experience on monday just solidified my growing dislike of this team.
    Yeah I am sick of the F/A busts, but they are turning a corner and we are just starting to see the farm products beginning to sprout. Just b/c I dont like what they are doing doesnt make me want to root or even think about rooting for another team.

i go to yankee stadium every couple years, but i go to fenway a few times a month ... yawkey way is genius, the bars around fenway are great, the character of fenway is top notch, you feel like you're at a ballgame instead of a circus. the $10 drinks at billy's was just the icing on the cake for a bad all around experience of going to a game at the new stadium.
    This guy is baiting all of you, he is not a Yankee fan.

I was at the game this past Saturday, and the Yanks raised the price of the Souvineir cup beer to $10 & it seems they made the cup smaller than it was earlier in the year.

NYYF Legend

I was at the game this past Saturday, and the Yanks raised the price of the Souvineir cup beer to $10 & it seems they made the cup smaller than it was earlier in the year.
    That's weird, I've never heard of that before. And actually what I heard is that across town they had so many surplus mets souvenir cups that they started handing them out for free

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay
    This guy is baiting all of you, he is not a Yankee fan.
    Think you are correct. The guy is obviously a Red Sox fan who is trying to stir stuff up on here. If he loves Fenway, go to it. Just read that Fenway has the highest beer price in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko
    That's weird, I've never heard of that before. And actually what I heard is that across town they had so many surplus mets souvenir cups that they started handing them out for free
    The Mets will do anything at this point to get people in to that stadium.

Addicted Member

On the subject of concessions, the other day the guy miss charged me in my favor not charging me for a cheeseberger and a drink. when i realized and told my girlfriend she carried on how i should go back but i refused . It felt like for once i was getting over on the yankees and felt it was justified for there outragous food prices and the stupid service charges on ticketmaster . Sadly that made my day as the Yanks lost to the o's.

NYYF Legend

I don't remember what the cup cost the first time I went, but I do know the cup size was the same as it was the exact same souvieneir cup.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by AnAbombfromA-rod13
    On the subject of concessions, the other day the guy miss charged me in my favor not charging me for a cheeseberger and a drink. when i realized and told my girlfriend she carried on how i should go back but i refused . It felt like for once i was getting over on the yankees and felt it was justified for there outragous food prices and the stupid service charges on ticketmaster . Sadly that made my day as the Yanks lost to the o's.
    The Yankees will certainly get by. But I hope it wasn't a significant enough amount that the cashier could have lost his/her job over it. Please tell your girlfriend that I admire her integrity.

Released Outright JavyVazquezIsSick's Avatar

I went to CitiField after failing to get some US Open seats last week.

Not to do a whole Mets v Yankees thing, I don't really care about the Mets. It justs a brand new stadium and its NY, so I figure it's good to compare it against. It gave me a new perspective on YS.

I liked Citifield for the spacing, their scoreboard, the bathrooms, the food, the prices, and the beer selection. I'm sure it's a much better place for families.

Everything except for the spacing and maybe the pricing. I feel like the Yankees could/should improve on those things next season.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JavyVazquezIsSick

Not to do a whole Mets v Yankees thing, I don't really care about the Mets. It justs a brand new stadium and its NY, so I figure it's good to compare it against. It gave me a new perspective on YS.

I liked Citifield for the spacing, their scoreboard, the bathrooms, the food, the prices, and the beer selection. I'm sure it's a much better place for families.

Everything except for the spacing and maybe the pricing. I feel like the Yankees could/should improve on those things next season.
    Can't beat a $4.75 shake shack burger mmmmmmm

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko
    Can't beat a $4.75 shake shack burger mmmmmmm
    I'll second that - but I'll only get one (there) when I go to CitiField to watch The Yankees beat The Mutts.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by JavyVazquezIsSick

Maybe I will check out Citifield this weekend when the Yanks are away. They play Wash so tix should be really cheap. MOst of the stadium things I didn't like at the beginning of the year have been fixed or changed. The biggest problem remains the concessions. Still slow, still rude and it still sucks (except for a few friendly ones I have come across).

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by CT-Yankee
    Maybe I will check out Citifield this weekend when the Yanks are away. They play Wash so tix should be really cheap. MOst of the stadium things I didn't like at the beginning of the year have been fixed or changed. The biggest problem remains the concessions. Still slow, still rude and it still sucks (except for a few friendly ones I have come across).
    I really enjoyed Citifield when I went this year (especially since they were trounced by the Yankees). The food options were amazing - varied and delicious. And I hate to say it but Citified has a very nice, comfortable, homey atmosphere. I had Caesar Club seats and their lounge was HUMONGOUS and decorated with dark brown leather couches, chairs, flat screens all over. I felt like I was in my living room - just beautiful and comfortable.

NYYF Legend

Food just plain sucks at Yankee Stadium, mostly because of the prices but also because it's mostly generic stadium food. The Mets went out and hired the Union Square Hospitality Group which owns some of the best restaurants in NYC to run some concession stands and the Acela club restaurant. Yankees decided to partner with the Cowboys and build their own traditional concessions company which is nothing special, just another amarak

Quote Originally Posted by JeterForPresident
    I don't remember what the cup cost the first time I went, but I do know the cup size was the same as it was the exact same souvieneir cup.
    In the beginning of the year the souvineir cup of beer was $9.00.

Treat yourself..and try the NYY STEAKHOUSE..Its awesome and if you eat there before the game, you wont need to have any other thing to eat

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ellsworth
    Treat yourself..and try the NYY STEAKHOUSE..Its awesome and if you eat there before the game, you wont need to have any other thing to eat
    Do you need reservations? I'm thinking NYY Steak before playoff games

I really don't like the ramps. They are so shallow it takes forever to go up or down. The stairways are better before and during, but just try to head down from the Grandstand at the end of the game. Missed the New Haven Metro-North train on Saturday because I was was caught in the crush.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Fiftysixthst
    I really don't like the ramps. They are so shallow it takes forever to go up or down. The stairways are better before and during, but just try to head down from the Grandstand at the end of the game. Missed the New Haven Metro-North train on Saturday because I was was caught in the crush.
    Take the elevators man, they're awesome

tell me about. i was in the upperdeck and took the ramps all the way to field level and it felt like it took forever! but to be honest, i usually dont use the ramps, im more of an elevator person but when you sit at 433, you have to walk all the way around to get to the elevators so i tried the ramps. you might as well walk to elevator instead lol
    follow me on twitter http://twitter.com/AndrewHarts

The old ramps were not ADA compliant. Too steep. Doesn't matter if there are elevators, all ramps have to comply.
    "Bacon, The Candy of Meats"

Thread Information