+ Reply to Thread
    NYYF Legend

Met's CitiPark Stadium. Parking or how to get there.

Hey, we are Yankee fans from way, way back; but we are baseball fans foremost.
    We have tickets for four Yankee Games, two Philly Games, a Washington Nat Game and we are looking into a Baltimore Oriole game. We attend minor league games in Trenton< SWB and the Somerset Patriots INdependant league games. But the purpose of this post is that we want to see the new Met's CitiBank park. We have tickets for an August game and I am looking for recommendations. Frankly I am afraid of parking in the area and the ability to get out without enormous traffic.

As we live in Central Jersey we can easily take NJ Transit to Central Station. How do wee get to City Park from there and is that the best option to driving?

Thanks for any input you can give us.

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

Re: Met's CitiPark Stadium. Parking or how to get there.

Wait, Andy, you mean Citi Field, right?

I know the LIRR goes out there from Penn Station (just take it to Citi Field stop -- or if it hasn't been renamed yet, "Shea Stadium"). I think it's the Port Washington line (though check the schedule -- sometimes it ends in Great Neck).

The 7 train (which you can catch at Times' Square) also goes there, and some of them run express during gametime -- just look for the ones with the diamond around the number (rather than the circle).

Getting to eastern Queens from New Jersey is just an annoyance any way you cut it, though.
    "You aint my b!tch, n!gga! Buy your own damn fries!" -- Barack Obama

I went to the Mets game on Saturday...the parking situation is pretty much the same as it was at Shea pre-Citi Field construction. The last two seasons you had to get on the Van Wyck and get off another exit---which was on the opposite side of Flushing Meadows Park--then park in satellite lots and take a shuttle to Shea (unless you had pre-paid parking).

Now its easy again. You're coming from central NJ....so I'm thinking the best way for you driving to get there would be to take the Turnpike and pick up 278....cross into Staten Island on the Goethals Bridge....take the Verrazano into Brooklyn....pick up the Belt Parkway West towards JFK....then take the Van Wyck north into Queens. Stay on that till you see signs for the Northern Blvd exit which is Citi Field.

NYYF Legend

DO.NOT.DRIVE. My parents said the parking is more of a nightmare than it was at Shea.
    UM now, UM always
    #21 - We will never forget you.
    Let's Go Yankees!

Quote Originally Posted by keg411
    DO.NOT.DRIVE. My parents said the parking is more of a nightmare than it was at Shea.
    Hmmm....I really didnt think the parking was bad at all.

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar

Edit: Wait, are you coming into Penn or Grand Central?

From Grand Central you can take the #7 trail to "Mets/Willets Point" (I'm pretty sure this is the new name of both the subway and LIRR stations).

The LIRR runs less frequently and is $6 for a peak ticket (in August it will be even more money).
    If you're coming from Grand Central you'll have to get from 42nd and Lex (Grand Central) to 34th & 7th (Penn Station), which is either: a hike, a cab fare, or subway fare (two lines -- the #7 to the #1/2/3) anyway.

If you want to take the subway from Penn, take the #1/2/3 (Seventh Ave) line to 42nd Times Square, and transfer to the #7 train.
    Dieting isn't a piece of cake.
    Nobody ever says "it's just a game" when their team is winning.
    "Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball" --Jacques Barzun

NYYF Legend

Thanks all. I'll probably take the train. I heard some reports from WFAN about the horrendous parking situation and the difficulty in getting out of it. I'll net NJ Transit and LIRR do thdriving for us on this one. Thanks for the input.

Andy
    Yogi is a National Treasure. Let's put him in a National Hall of Fame. The man has no peers.

Thread Information