+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 63 1 2 3 4 11 51 ... LastLast
    Addicted Member

Yankee Organization Should Be Embarrassed

I don't know if anyone else is watching the game on TV today but I'm home on vacation and watching YES. The legends seating area is probably at 30% capacity today. Section 11, 12, 28, and 29 literally have no one sitting in them. The Yankees should be embarrassed that this is the second game in a brand new stadium and they have completely empty sections.

NYYF Legend

Re: Yankee Organization Should Be Embarrassed

God forbid people have to work on a Friday afternoon at 1pm.

Addicted Member

If you're paying $2500 a seat I guess eating the cost of one ticket isn't that big of a deal. But the least they could do is give the ticket away to someone they know. All I'm saying is that it looks terrible on TV. And it's not just the legend section. There are large empty sections on the field level behind home plate.

I suppose that's why there are so many "Seat Upgrade" winners during the first couple of innings.
    "Bacon, The Candy of Meats"

They should be embarassed for raising the prices of the scorecard on Openin day from $10 to $15

Looks like preseason on the CF cam, now that you mention it. Huge block of empty seats behind the visitors dugout as well.

NYYF Legend

It will be interesting to see how it plays out through the season.

All Praises Be to Mariano destro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84
    world class first response posting
    [B][SIZE=1][I]"Fans don't boo nobodies..." - Reggie Jackson
    [/I][/SIZE][/B]

Paul O'Neill Day: Do it Retire21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wexy
    It will be interesting to see how it plays out through the season.
    Exactly. I was surprised the announced crowd was 48,000+ yesterday for a Stadium that holds 52,000. It just blows me away that the Yankees' new Stadium isn't filled to capacity on opening day- especially when they downsized 4-5,000 from the old YS.

I think all of the structural improvements people are complaining about (Monument Park being hidden, bleacher seats having a partial view of the playing field, etc.) should be dealt with, but only after they resolve the ticket price issue.

Just as disheartening for me, as a Midwest Yankee fan, was how quiet the Stadium was yesterday. I know it was a blowout, but even the loudest cheers (for Bernie, Paulie, Tino, Mariano, Jeter, and for Posada's HR) were really not very loud compared to the old Stadium.
    2010 Yankees: Believe

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84
    And everyone else is unemployed and putting food and rent before tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by wexy
    And everyone else is unemployed and putting food and rent before tickets.
    While this is true... the people that sit field level aren't your working class to middle class people for the most part. The regulars down there are people with money that could take a day off any time they pleased.

I suppose some people there charged tickets on their credit card or they splurged for that once in a lifetime experience, but for the most part the people that have tickets there have money or connections.

Even on days that those seats are filled, many people will go inside.

Quote Originally Posted by BRNXBMRS
    They should be embarassed for raising the prices of the scorecard on Openin day from $10 to $15
    I was at Baltimore for the Opening Series. You can get a score card and program there for $2.

I was about to post something this extent. The Yankees should be embarrassed about their ticket prices in general. They're alienating the real fans, like us, for the super rich and the corporate elite.

Quote Originally Posted by iiMax
    I was about to post something this extent. The Yankees should be embarrassed about their ticket prices in general. They're alienating the real fans, like us, for the super rich and the corporate elite.
    It's all about money to them. I could see $250 to $1,000 being a pricing range for the legend suites, but $2,625 is just insane.

The Yankees are all about money and the economy caught them off guard.

I also think they overpriced that Sports Bar. $90 for a ticket in there is a little crazy. The main and field levels are overpriced also. Terrace, Grand Stand, and Bleachers are more reasonably priced. Infield Grand Stand might end up getting a price hike eventually. They're a bargain for $25 a ticket.

They'll definitely need to address their prices for 2010. It might turn out that some of the cheaper seats get raised and the expensive seats are somewhat lowered. Like those $325 to $375 tickets could be $125 to $175...they probably won't drop that much, but that's a more reasonable price.

i really dont think the yankees care about the way things looks, if they know they sold out those seats and people arent in them, what more could they have done. theyre the ones offering all these prime things for those in those seats. im not surprised.
    now if those empty seats were never bought, then they should be ashamed of themselves

What I noticed yesterday is some of the people in premium disappear for innings at a time into their private restaurants and lounges. I agree that its an embarrasment and the Yankees are alienting their core fan base. Like many of you I stuck with this team during the lean times in the late 60's earlies 70's and again in the late 80's early 90's. Lets see if the wine and cheese crowd will be as loyal if the team hits a rough year or two.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay
    What I noticed yesterday is some of the people in premium disappear for innings at a time into their private restaurants and lounges. I agree that its an embarrasment and the Yankees are alienting their core fan base. Like many of you I stuck with this team during the lean times in the late 60's earlies 70's and again in the late 80's early 90's. Lets see if the wine and cheese crowd will be as loyal if the team hits a rough year or two.
    I was in the legends club yesterday several times during the game and it seems alot of people left tehir seats and sat in the club, eating and drinking a good part of the time.

The Mets premium seats were empty last night too, I noticed. But yes, a Friday matinee is not the easiest thing to attend. If it's empty this weekend, that would be a better indication.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanesq
    I was in the legends club yesterday several times during the game and it seems alot of people left tehir seats and sat in the club, eating and drinking a good part of the time.
    It amazes me that Opening day could mean so little to some people. What a shame
    Season ticket Holder SECTION 418 ROW 5..SABATHIA IS MONEY!

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay
    With all the clubs and lounges, it's like they do not want people to stay in their seats for any considerable amount of time.

PS: As I mentioned in another thread, it seems they are desperate to fill some of those field level seats. I redeemed a voucher for two free grandstand or bleacher tickets and requested tickets for 4/21. I received two free "Between the Bases" seats instead. Considering that I was unable to buy any regular season tickets that I could afford, I'm very happy with them.
    "Uh oh Paul, Coney is standing in a luxury booth, corrupting your children." - Michael Kay, 8/3/08

Quote Originally Posted by North Bronx Fan
    With all the clubs and lounges, it's like they do not want people to stay in their seats for any considerable amount of time.

PS: As I mentioned in another thread, it seems they are desperate to fill some of those field level seats. I redeemed a voucher for two free grandstand or bleacher tickets and requested tickets for 4/21. I received two free "Between the Bases" seats instead. Considering that I was unable to buy any regular season tickets that I could afford, I'm very happy with them.
    woa wait, how much did you pay for them?

Quote Originally Posted by dadrumma
    woa wait, how much did you pay for them?
    $0

I had the voucher because I donated 25 pounds of food at the Yankees' food drive in December.
    "Uh oh Paul, Coney is standing in a luxury booth, corrupting your children." - Michael Kay, 8/3/08

You can probably spend money a lot faster in a lounge than in your seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mxylsplk
    You can probably spend money a lot faster in a lounge than in your seat.
    Sounds great for those who don't like to watch a baseball game, also great for visiting teams! Less of those irksome fans and their noise in support of the Yanks to deal with. But hey, at least the Yankees profit per ticket is going to go ever upward. Maybe instead of players we should start cheering for spreadsheets.

*sigh*
    Fall down a rabbit hole: Joe Frank.com

Whoa.... if that's the case I gonna pray for rainouts... turn my GS seats for a between the bases seat!
    "Bacon, The Candy of Meats"

Thread Information