+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mark Melancon

NYYF Legend

Mark Melancon

When will the youthful master of relieving join the big boys?

He has started off on the right foot in AAA, dominating early on.

Re: Mark Melancon

If Veras continues to get bombed I think Melancon will get the call.

Can he throw strike 1 consistantly? Cause that is really what is killing these guys in the pen right now.
    I'm too smooth you'll never see me comin', I'm never in a hurry I'm just movin' fast...

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84

He's been money since he came into the organization. I'd like to see him sooner rather than later.

Sometime around June 1st, perhaps as early as mid-May.
    Fire Cashman, but Hal Steinbrenner is the root of Yankee woes.

Released Outright JavyVazquezIsSick's Avatar

He should be up right now, he has nothing else to learn, the Yanks are wasting time and losing games as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by JavyVazquezIsSick
    He should be up right now, he has nothing else to learn, the Yanks are wasting time and losing games as a result.
    Right on cue.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962
    Sometime around June 1st, perhaps as early as mid-May.
    I think the Yankee's need for a dominant reliever will dictate when he comes up, moreso than his performance. I wouldn't be surprised if he's up sooner than your timetable if we see a few more repeats of yesterday.

Released Outright JavyVazquezIsSick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962
    Right on cue.
    This is right on cue

Quote Originally Posted by NewEraYanks2527
    Can he throw strike 1 consistantly? Cause that is really what is killing these guys in the pen right now.
    7IP, 1H, 2BB, 14K's

Both those BB's came yesterday. before that he didn't walk anyone

I think the Yankee's need for a dominant reliever will dictate when he comes up, moreso than his performance. I wouldn't be surprised if he's up sooner than your timetable if we see a few more repeats of yesterday.
    Anything is possible.

NYYF Legend

Veras being out of options hurts our bullpen flexibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Metroidman
    7IP, 1H, 2BB, 14K's

I've read the Yankees had concerns about his command so hopefully that's what he's been working on down there.

7IP, 1H, 2BB, 14K's

That looks like Kershaw's line from the other night when he was mowing down Giants.
    Quote Originally Posted by flymick24
    i want to link burnett's nipple ring to joba's and then watch them fight each other with knives

Quote Originally Posted by stupidpunchline
    That looks like Kershaw's line from the other night when he was mowing down Giants.
    Well the Giants have hitters that couldn't cut it on the AA roster of most teams

Anyway his command hasn't been an issue since 07

7IP, 1H, 2BB, 14K's

Then I'm on board. I've been hearing about him since the Sheffield trade and it would be great to see something come of it. I'm still hoping Humberto can be a quality arm for the Yanks too.
    I'm too smooth you'll never see me comin', I'm never in a hurry I'm just movin' fast...

Quote Originally Posted by NewEraYanks2527
    Then I'm on board. I've been hearing about him since the Sheffield trade and it would be great to see something come of it. I'm still hoping Humberto can be a quality arm for the Yanks too.
    Huh? He was drafted by the Yankees. He wasn't traded for

May 16th.

Huh? He was drafted by the Yankees. He wasn't traded for
    My mistake Metroid, I thought he was part of the Sheffield trade. For some reason I get Melancon mixed up with Whelan and I have no idea why. My bad.

I've read not until after May 15th - something about the arbitration clock.

I'm not overly eager to see him here because I just think the expectations for him have gotten way out of hand. He's expected to be the savior of the pen when he hasn't thrown one pitch in the big leagues. I'm not saying he's not very talented or that he doesn't have the makeup, but it's not fair to place these burdens on him. He'll have his good moments and his struggles - he's not going handle ML hitters like he's handling AAA hitters.

Veras being out of options hurts our bullpen flexibility.
    Unless the reliever is of the consistent lights out variety, I think teams are better off trying to deal them after they run out of options.

That said, I'm hoping Melancon and Robertson become those types of relievers (D-Rob if he can cut down on the walks a notch).

This is our future. JohnnyDamonfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketbooster
    I've read not until after May 15th - something about the arbitration clock.

I'm not overly eager to see him here because I just think the expectations for him have gotten way out of hand. He's expected to be the savior of the pen when he hasn't thrown one pitch in the big leagues. I'm not saying he's not very talented or that he doesn't have the makeup, but it's not fair to place these burdens on him. He'll have his good moments and his struggles - he's not going handle ML hitters like he's handling AAA hitters.
    I don't expect him to be a savior or nothing. And besides we're only 10 games in to the season We don't need to be saved all ready do we? But, Yeah I'd like to see him come up.
    Still and will always be a New England Patriots fan.

[quote=THEBOSS84]You may be my favorite poster on the site. So sweet and innocent.[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDamonfan
    I don't expect him to be a savior or nothing. And besides we're only 10 games in to the season We don't need to be saved all ready do we? But, Yeah I'd like to see him come up.
    I agree, he doesn't need to be a savior. Bruney, Marte (yesterday aside), Ramirez, Coke, Robertson can all be effective relievers if used properly, he'd just be another effective piece of that puzzle.

Released Outright

Are we really writing Veras off already? He's got tons of talent, certainly enough to deal with a few bad outings like this. I'd rather take a chance on him putting it together and sending Robertson down if the alternative is losing him altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Eschie
    Are we really writing Veras off already? He's got tons of talent, certainly enough to deal with a few bad outings like this. I'd rather take a chance on him putting it together and sending Robertson down if the alternative is losing him altogether.
    He might throw hard and have a good hook, but he can't command it worth squat. He started tailing off the final two months of last season.

Melancon needs to be up, he's pretty much boring himself to death down there.

Thread Information