+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Crow,Tony,Joe,Yogi,Riz,2 Joes Tifoso's Avatar

Re: Twitter, anyone?

I am currently cleaning the fuzz out of my fountain pen.
    -Lou 27 (28 in 2014)
    Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by gdn
    If you were talking about a download client, I'd make a twhirl joke, but you should be using tweetdeck anyway...

What's your twitter username? I'll follow you.
    Same as it is here. I guess you forgot this. I did not, gdn. I did not.

Anyway.

I just downloaded ubertwitter and I already like it better. I've only started tweeting more recently since "Southland" was cancelled and the cast and other fans are using Twitter as a medium to drum up support and stuff.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by xenadanielle
    Same as it is here. I guess you forgot this. I did not, gdn. I did not.

Anyway.

I just downloaded ubertwitter and I already like it better. I've only started tweeting more recently since "Southland" was cancelled and the cast and other fans are using Twitter as a medium to drum up support and stuff.
    ah okay. I'm following you now. Be prepared for banality.

NYYF Legend

So which of you are on Twitter? I'm looking for new people to follow.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by gdn
    So which of you are on Twitter? I'm looking for new people to follow.
    I have one but I've never updated it. I just follow people 'cause I'm creepy like that.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
    I have one but I've never updated it. I just follow people 'cause I'm creepy like that.
    I'm the same way.

NYYF Cy Young

UberTwitter is good for Blackberry users. I tried different things and this seems the best. Anyone need followers? I don't use it enough to have many myself but Yankee fans are fun to follow.

NYYF Legend

I have one for my hockey coverage (I'm a writer with InsideHockey.com on the Rangers)

RothmanHockey is the tweety name.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule
    I have one for my hockey coverage (I'm a writer with InsideHockey.com on the Rangers)

RothmanHockey is the tweety name.
    Cool! My favorite team ! I'll follow you next time I'm on

How does one pull this off?:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/1..._n_390056.html

"A gent who may be one day be known as the "worst best man of all time," has connected his friend's bed to Twitter so it tweets every time he and his fiance have sex. According to the Twitter feed, called "Newly Weds On The Job," the couple live in the UK, so not to worry, engaged Americans. As you can see below the tweets include details of how long the sex lasts and how "powerful" it is. (Via The Daily What)"
    Spring Training is just around the corner!

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesAZ
    How does one pull this off?:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/1..._n_390056.html

"A gent who may be one day be known as the "worst best man of all time," has connected his friend's bed to Twitter so it tweets every time he and his fiance have sex. According to the Twitter feed, called "Newly Weds On The Job," the couple live in the UK, so not to worry, engaged Americans. As you can see below the tweets include details of how long the sex lasts and how "powerful" it is. (Via The Daily What)"
    Excellent. *follow*

How about a thread revival after 2 1/2 years!!

I'm always looking to follow sports fans. I'm a transplanted NY'er living in Houston, so Twitter is a great way for me to interact with Yankees fans (and fans of other NY teams as well!).

If anyone is interested, this is me:

@iYankFan4

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iYankFan4 View Post
    How about a thread revival after 2 1/2 years!!

I'm always looking to follow sports fans. I'm a transplanted NY'er living in Houston, so Twitter is a great way for me to interact with Yankees fans (and fans of other NY teams as well!).

If anyone is interested, this is me:

@iYankFan4
    Feel free to follow another displaced Yanks fan @gregp524

NYYF Legend

Have a Tweeter account but some how got hacked and all my followers want to know if I'm alone tonight and need a blow job.........

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

So apparently, my niece has a Twitter account. She's TEN; I believe she just set it up.... I just texted her to suggest she make her profile private so she can approve followers; there is a lot of filth out there. So far it only looks like she has two one of whom is a friend of hers, the other I believe is One Direction (boy band) related. She's only following celebrities like Lady Gaga and me.

I feel like I don't want to tell on her to my sister b/c I want to feel like the former can trust me to share stuff...but I'm conflicted.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by xenadanielle View Post
    So apparently, my niece has a Twitter account. She's TEN; I believe she just set it up.... I just texted her to suggest she make her profile private so she can approve followers; there is a lot of filth out there. So far it only looks like she has two one of whom is a friend of hers, the other I believe is One Direction (boy band) related. She's only following celebrities like Lady Gaga and me.

I feel like I don't want to tell on her to my sister b/c I want to feel like the former can trust me to share stuff...but I'm conflicted.
    You could report it to Twitter because she's under 13 (the minimum age) and she wouldn't know it was you.

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    You could report it to Twitter because she's under 13 (the minimum age) and she wouldn't know it was you.
    Ooh there's an idea....

NYYF Legend

Yeah, that's really young for any online social media. Does she have a facebook account?

Quote Originally Posted by krystl View Post
    Yeah, that's really young for any online social media. Does she have a facebook account?
    She does not have FB, but she has used my sister/BIL's account to comment on things I've posted--usually with their OK. But she got in trouble for doing it w/out their permission.

I talked to her and my sister earlier and allegedly she is using it so she can follow the One Direction kids. My sis says since her real name is not on there she is sort of OK with it...

She also follows Justin Timberlake, Simon Cowell, some British diver (she dives too), Adele...I will be keeping track of this that is for sure. I'm glad I am not a parent.

NYYF Legend

She does not have FB, but she has used my sister/BIL's account to comment on things I've posted--usually with their OK. But she got in trouble for doing it w/out their permission.

I talked to her and my sister earlier and allegedly she is using it so she can follow the One Direction kids. My sis says since her real name is not on there she is sort of OK with it...

She also follows Justin Timberlake, Simon Cowell, some British diver (she dives too), Adele...I will be keeping track of this that is for sure. I'm glad I am not a parent.
    I would be really uncomfortable with my 10 year old being on twitter, unless the only way they were allowed to go on if I was sitting right next to them. But it's good that she doesn't have her real name on there.

If your sis is even a little uncomfortable with it, she should go with her gut.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

NYYF Legend

Does she post? If she's posting on Twitter, I'd have a problem with it. But if she doesn't post (uses it just to aggregate news updates from her favorite celebrities), that's a little bit different, and I'd be cautiously OK with it. But she should absolutely not be posting on Twitter.

@ChristianYaple follow me

Quote Originally Posted by krystl View Post
    I would be really uncomfortable with my 10 year old being on twitter, unless the only way they were allowed to go on if I was sitting right next to them. But it's good that she doesn't have her real name on there.

If your sis is even a little uncomfortable with it, she should go with her gut.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZYanksRule View Post
    Does she post? If she's posting on Twitter, I'd have a problem with it. But if she doesn't post (uses it just to aggregate news updates from her favorite celebrities), that's a little bit different, and I'd be cautiously OK with it. But she should absolutely not be posting on Twitter.
    I really need to talk to my sister, unfortunately she does not use Twitter herself so she may not realize that just by having an account you can be followed by pr0nbots and their ilk. I just tried to report two of them I saw following her. She needs to make her profile private...

And she *is* posting but they are either tweets to the celebrities or to me; she did post something else about choosing songs on Pandora or something.

Normally my sister/BIL are more on the ball than this.....

How did this happen?

NYYF Legend

I really need to talk to my sister, unfortunately she does not use Twitter herself so she may not realize that just by having an account you can be followed by pr0nbots and their ilk. I just tried to report two of them I saw following her. She needs to make her profile private...

And she *is* posting but they are either tweets to the celebrities or to me; she did post something else about choosing songs on Pandora or something.

Normally my sister/BIL are more on the ball than this.....

How did this happen? I've thought
    yikes danielle..I'm glad you're on top of it because it sounds like they don't get the seriousness of it...that seems kind of young to me but i know i'm internet-paranoid.

I swear raising kids seems to just get more and more challenging for parents...
    "Happiness is...a thumb and a blanket."

Quote Originally Posted by b-ball-lunachick View Post
    yikes danielle..I'm glad you're on top of it because it sounds like they don't get the seriousness of it...that seems kind of young to me but i know i'm internet-paranoid.

I swear raising kids seems to just get more and more challenging for parents...
    I know, right? This is giving me a stomach ache.

She's always been sort of artsy/nerdy and therefore, to me at least, more innocent than other kids her age? Maybe I'm just blinded by my love for her.

Thread Information