+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: We have a new baby girl ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Visbeck
    Thanks for all the congratulations coming from everyone. I'd like to thank each and every one of you from the bottom of my heart. I'd also like to respond to each of you with more time. Jenn would too when she's feeling up to it.

I still have not left the hospital as of yet. Gonna sleep on that little fold out bed in a little while, the one by Jenn's bed. I just got back to the room from upstairs on the third floor. Little Madison is not doing that great. She hasn't been able to come down to mom's floor as of yet. Madison has been having some breathing problems.

Jenn is not sleeping a lot. Jenn and I have been spending a lot of time upstairs with our little one. Jenn finally dozed off awhile back, after coming back from making our last trip upstairs. When Jenn went to sleep, I went back upstairs to check on some more things. When we were both there a few hours earlier, they had done some blood work and testing and the tests were gonna be looked at and the doctor would be returning. He came back while I was there. Madison was in a little oxygen bubble to help get her into the 98 or so oxygen level. There is fluid in her lungs and the doc said it will take some time for it to go wherever it is that it goes to ... something about body absorption. They did x-rays while I was there. They've also put her on antibiotics through her iv's ... because they don't want to wait for all lung test results and don't want to take chances on possible infection. Doc said this type of thing sometimes happens with c-section births ... but the lungs could also be a little premature in development. It's kind of a wait and see thing.

It's sad to watch your little baby girl having a hard time with her breathing. Anyways ... I better get off this computer again. But again ... thanks to everyone. Maybe you all could also keep Madison in your prayers for this bump in the road. Doc did say for us to try and now worry too much and things should end up fine with time.

Bye for now.
    Thoughts and prayers coming your way Dave & Jenn. Listen to the Doc.
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

NYYF Legend

Dave, I just saw that Madison's having some problems.

Keep your spirits up. I know she's going to be just fine.
    She sits there so refined and drinks herself half blind
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

NYYF Legend

I wish you all health and happiness. Hang in there, Dave and Jenn! I'm sure Madison Leigh will build up her strength very quickly.

Forum Regular

I hope she gets better soon!
    Yankees - Knicks - Rangers - Patriots

NYYF Legend

Congrats to you and Jenn. You're all in my prayers.
    Heidi
    "I don't need any extra motivation. My motivation is to win." - Derek Jeter

Doc did say for us to try and now worry too much and things should end up fine with time.
    This is Dave with no sleep. He's been great. He has waited on me hand and foot because I can't do much for myself. He has barely ate anything in the past few days and won't even leave me to go home and take his blood pressure meds. He's wonderful and I'm lucky to have him. Although we're bound to start getting on each others nerves trapped in this tiny room. This computer is so fast though. I wish we could take it home. There's a sign that says this computer is for hospital staff use only. oops.

We can't post any pics yet and not even sure how we'll be able to do it when we get back home. I could text some pics though if someone wanted me to. That is if you trust me with your cell number. I'm not a cyber stalker. Not sure about Dave, but I'm not. Just pm me the number. I wouldn't even mind if you posted them.

Anyways, thanks again so much. This has been a great week. Dave and I make cute baby girls.
    Love my Red Sox Fan

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn6812
    This is Dave with no sleep. He's been great. He has waited on me hand and foot because I can't do much for myself. He has barely ate anything in the past few days and won't even leave me to go home and take his blood pressure meds. He's wonderful and I'm lucky to have him. Although we're bound to start getting on each others nerves trapped in this tiny room. This computer is so fast though. I wish we could take it home. There's a sign that says this computer is for hospital staff use only. oops.

We can't post any pics yet and not even sure how we'll be able to do it when we get back home. I could text some pics though if someone wanted me to. That is if you trust me with your cell number. I'm not a cyber stalker. Not sure about Dave, but I'm not. Just pm me the number. I wouldn't even mind if you posted them.

Anyways, thanks again so much. This has been a great week. Dave and I make cute baby girls.
    To Jenn, Dave and Madison - Sending lots of good wishes and prayers.

Barb
    Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer. ~Ted Williams

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

My best and most humble wishes for three wonderful people here, and hoping that little Madison's breathing problem become corrected. I wish all of you the best, and that the loving family is able to go home.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

NYYF Legend

Congrats to you both, Dave and Jenn. Hope Madison is doing better.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

NYYF Legend

Miss my Ryan, Kristin and Steve. Miss seeing my dad.

Sounds like Madison may be staying at the hospital for about a week longer. What's keeping her here was that on friday she had a couple of times, while in her warmer on the third floor, where she stopped breathing for about 20 seconds. Hasn't happened for that long again and when something like that does happen to a baby, they usually don't want a baby released for seven days at least.
    Just a Sox Fan with a Yankee Wife in tow... and with one little Red Sox fan now welcoming her new baby Yankee fan sister into "our" Yankees/Red Sox World.

Daddy Loves His Baby Angels

Sounds like Madison may be staying at the hospital for about a week longer. What's keeping her here was that on friday she had a couple of times, while in her warmer on the third floor, where she stopped breathing for about 20 seconds. Hasn't happened for that long again and when something like that does happen to a baby, they usually don't want a baby released for seven days at least.
    Good, I'm glad they're being cautious, and I'm glad nothing as serious has happened.

Now go take your blood pressure medication. Your daughters need you healthy.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

Madison is apparently getting the best of care. She will be fine. The pictures of her were so cute.
    Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer. ~Ted Williams

R-I-P, Mr. Nelson Mandela Jersey Yankee's Avatar
    Formerly Brooklyn & Joisey; now just right behind you ... BOO!!!

Jenn and Dave, just how large is the family so far? I truly wish you all the very best.
    Dr King (1929-68): Make the Dream a Reality.
    RIP, Nelson Mandela, Jackie #42 & Rosa Parks; Ali: Get up…get up; Isaac Hayes; Stevie Wonder: Isn't She Lovely?; Dr J: Fear the 'Fro; Smokin' Joe

I'll be praying for the baby to be 100% ASAP. God bless her.
    PLEASE HELP AIDAN'S FAMILY!!

NYYF HOF

Congrats on the new baby girl! Madison Leigh is a beautiful name.

I'll keep your family in my prayers. Make sure you keep us updated
    "What you fail to understand in your joyless myopia is that baseball is the key to life -- the Rosetta Stone, if you will." -The X-Files

This woman I know had a baby girl and named her Jayleigh.

I told her if she had another baby she should name the baby Peanut Butter.
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY
    This woman I know had a baby girl and named her Jayleigh.

I told her if she had another baby she should name the baby Peanut Butter.
    Boooo!
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

Quote Originally Posted by Trish
    Boooo!
    That's actually a true story.
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

NYYF Legend

That's actually a true story.
    Hissssssss!
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

Quote Originally Posted by Trish
    Hissssssss!
    Those are pretty much the reactions I got from her.
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

NYYF Legend

Those are pretty much the reactions I got from her.
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson -

Quote Originally Posted by Barb51850
    Madison is apparently getting the best of care. She will be fine. The pictures of her were so cute.
    Where did he post pictures??
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

NYYF Legend

Congratulations!!! May she be filled with health and happiness for all her years.

Went back up to see Madison after Dave and Katelynn left. She's doing so much better and she is so much more relaxed. After I fed her a little over an ounce, she gave me two big burps and a nice gift in her tiny diaper. She looks just like Katelynn and I keep calling her Katelynn. She has those Visbeck lips.

So Dave, if you get on when you get home....I really really miss you and wish you were still here. Lonely without you. I'm really sleepy though so I'll see you tomorrow. Tell Katelynn big kisses from her little sissy Madison. We miss her.

btw, some people on here, I hardly know and you say the nicest things to cheer people up. Thank you. It means alot more than you may think.

I even thought John's peanut butter name was funny.

Night all and thanks for all your well wishes. I'm going to sleep. I just hope I don't have nightmares about tonights hospital fish dinner. Blech. That was some smelly stuff. Glad they had that chicken instead.
    Love my Red Sox Fan

Thread Information