+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Is it Possible To Sell Hard (not e-tickets) on Stub Hub?

From looking at Stubhub, it seems that the only option is for e-tickets. What if someone has hard tickets they want to sell for Yankee games and are not season ticket holders?
    [URL="http://nyystadiuminsider.com"]http://nyystadiuminsider.com[/URL]

Re: Is it Possible To Sell Hard (not e-tickets) on Stub Hub?

They will no longer let you sell hard tickets. You will have to enter your barcode numbers when you receive your tickets and StubHub will have new e-tickets generated for the buyer. This is actually a more secure transaction for the buyer, as in the past one could theoretically sell the hard tickets and then email someone else the e-tickets, which would cancel the hard tickets.

The only team.. who does not participate in the e-ticket program is the Red Sox.. Why? I do not know..

So if you buy tickets to Fenway.. you will get hard tickets..

Quote Originally Posted by NYYStadiumInsider
    From looking at Stubhub, it seems that the only option is for e-tickets. What if someone has hard tickets they want to sell for Yankee games and are not season ticket holders?
    Good question. I just tried posting some tickets for sale and was never asked about e-tickets or hard tickets. When I checked my listing, it said that the tickets would be available electronically. I would think that there is a way to get around this. I saw one person posted "Hard Tickets" in his comment box.

Quote Originally Posted by headshoes
    The only team.. who does not participate in the e-ticket program is the Red Sox.. Why? I do not know..

So if you buy tickets to Fenway.. you will get hard tickets..
    I think it's because the red sox have a partnership with Ace Ticket.

NYYF Legend

I'm keeping all my hard tickets from this season. I have a set of all the games from last season and the ASG sheet.

Only doing it for these two years. It'll be a huge collectors item decades from now.

Quote Originally Posted by BBombers85
    It'll be a huge collectors item decades from now.
    The key word there is "decades."
    I can't complain but sometimes I still do. - Joe Walsh

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by LHG39
    They will no longer let you sell hard tickets. You will have to enter your barcode numbers when you receive your tickets and StubHub will have new e-tickets generated for the buyer. This is actually a more secure transaction for the buyer, as in the past one could theoretically sell the hard tickets and then email someone else the e-tickets, which would cancel the hard tickets.
    Then how would season ticket holders sell theirs? Just email them to Stub Hub?

Quote Originally Posted by Murcer1
    Then how would season ticket holders sell theirs? Just email them to Stub Hub?
    Anyone with a hard copy ticket who wants to sell on StubHub has to enter the bar code from the ticket when it sells. There is no longer a requirement to FedEx the hard copy ticket to the buyer. It is all based on the bar codes.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Man
    Anyone with a hard copy ticket who wants to sell on StubHub has to enter the bar code from the ticket when it sells. There is no longer a requirement to FedEx the hard copy ticket to the buyer. It is all based on the bar codes.
    Oh, okay...I get it now. (I guess I'm a little slow on a Saturday morning). So I'm assuming that this will now eliminate the obnoxious shipping fee they've always tacked on to the sale?

Quote Originally Posted by Murcer1
    Oh, okay...I get it now. (I guess I'm a little slow on a Saturday morning). So I'm assuming that this will now eliminate the obnoxious shipping fee they've always tacked on to the sale?
    Reduce, but not eliminate. I think there is still a fee, maybe something around $4.95 (don't quote me on that) for electronic delivery. Yes, they never let an opportunity to make a buck slip by.

NYYF Legend

this actually makes life much easier, thanks for bringing this up.

NYYF MVP

Reduce, but not eliminate. I think there is still a fee, maybe something around $4.95 (don't quote me on that) for electronic delivery. Yes, they never let an opportunity to make a buck slip by.
    Naturally

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar

I usually sell on SH (instead of buying), so I have no problem with this, because if a STH emailed out their tickets via the Yankees' website, they'd be charged a fee (I think it's $2/ticket.) So as long as the seller doesn't have to pay a fee to electronically deliver the tickets in addition to the buyer's $4.95, there should be no issue.

Also, PayPal fees are waived for sellers who choose to be paid by PayPal (which are normally 35 cents + 3% of each transaction.) StubHub must be picking up those fees as well.

However, a lot of buyers paid SH for their tickets in December/January, and sellers cannot collect their money until a week after they send the tickets, which we still don't even have yet. SH is collecting a lot of interest.
    Dieting isn't a piece of cake.
    Nobody ever says "it's just a game" when their team is winning.
    "Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball" --Jacques Barzun

Quote Originally Posted by __starr69
    Also, PayPal fees are waived for sellers who choose to be paid by PayPal (which are normally 35 cents + 3% of each transaction.) StubHub must be picking up those fees as well.
    Really? I did not know that. Is that in the SH FAQ somewhere? In the past when I've sold on SH, I chose to be paid by check since I didn't want to have that PayPal fee skimmed off the top.

Really? I did not know that. Is that in the SH FAQ somewhere? In the past when I've sold on SH, I chose to be paid by check since I didn't want to have that PayPal fee skimmed off the top.
    When you put up a listing and get to the Payment page, it says: "Pay me via PayPal (PayPal waives transaction fees for StubHub sellers)".

I think that's new. When I first listed games last month, I don't remember seeing the fee waiver. I selected the PayPal option anyway because I can't trust the people I live with.
    "Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball" --Jacques Barzun

NYYF MVP

When you put up a listing and get to the Payment page, it says: "Pay me via PayPal (PayPal waives transaction fees for StubHub sellers)".

I think that's new. When I first listed games last month, I don't remember seeing the fee waiver. I selected the PayPal option anyway because I can't trust the people I live with.
    That's really good to know...Thanks

Interesting indeed. I hadn't seen that. I can see why they would want to do that, although it still seems that cutting a check and mailing it would be cheaper for SH. I've always wondered why they haven't offered a direct deposit option.

I selected the PayPal option anyway because I can't trust the people I live with.

That makes a lot of sense -

Now that ALL tickets have barcodes, this will work fine. Great info.
    [URL="http://nyystadiuminsider.com"]http://nyystadiuminsider.com[/URL]

NYYF Legend

You still get hard tickets if you buy red sox games. Boston opted out of the StubHub MLB deal because of sensitivities with Massachusetts ticket resale prohibitions

NYYF Legend

I selected the PayPal option anyway because I can't trust the people I live with.

Last year when I bought Giants preseason tickets I got the hard tickets. I don't know if that's changed or not, but likely not because the Giants have different reselling rules (they have their own ticket exchange instead.)

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko
    Yeah, pretty sad actually. I've learned to keep anything worth more than $15 locked away, especially if I can't easily replace it, like a check written out for lots of money.

NYYF Legend

Last year when I bought Giants preseason tickets I got the hard tickets. I don't know if that's changed or not, but likely not because the Giants have different reselling rules (they have their own ticket exchange instead.)
    Giants don't have a deal with stubhub, only MLB does which is why stubhub can link in to the entire ticket barcode database of 29 teams

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko
    Giants don't have a deal with stubhub, only MLB does which is why stubhub can link in to the entire ticket barcode database of 31 teams
    Not to be picky (well, yes it is picky), but that would be 29 teams.

Thread Information