View Poll Results: If we had a "do over" in the relocation process, what would you do different?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing different, I'm happy with the end result.

22 50.00%
  • Upgrade to Full Season, even though it would hurt.

3 6.82%
  • Partner with friends and upgrade to Full Season

9 20.45%
  • Not even bother with it.

5 11.36%

1 2.27%

1 2.27%
  • Drop it, and rent a house at the shore with my savings

0 0%
  • Buy a 62" HDTV

1 2.27%
  • Move to Philadelphia

1 2.27%
  • Root for the Red Sox

1 2.27%
+ Reply to Thread

If we had a "do over" in the relocation...

...process, what would you do different?

NYYF Legend

Re: If we had a "do over" in the relocation...

If there was an extra seat in Yankee Stadium for every relocation thread, partial plan holders would be smiling -->

Devoted Member

I would have placed all the partials first before selling extra full season seats. They would have still sold out the stadium and longtime plan holders would have been very happy.

NYYF Legend

Ok, now for my serious post.

I would have done partial sales the way the Mets did where you went online during a two day time frame based on seniority, picked your plan (based on availability), picked your seats (based on availability), and essentially controlled your own fate.

Can someone correct me on anything I got wrong on how the Mets handled partial plans? From what I read on baseball-fever.com, it went very smoothly.

NYYF Cy Young

All FS's & FSE's that wanted to keep their same equivalent plans should've been relocated first. Then any planholders who wanted to upgrade/downgrade should've been relocated. The Yankees implementing the "wave the FS cash, jump to the front of the line" adjustment to the procedure is what caused all the chaos that some are still dealing with now.

There's not really a choice on the poll that fits this, so I abstained from voting.
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayJG
    All FS's & FSE's that wanted to keep their same equivalent plans should've been relocated first. Then any planholders who wanted to upgrade/downgrade should've been relocated. The Yankees implementing the "wave the FS cash, jump to the front of the line" adjustment to the procedure is what caused all the chaos that some are still dealing with now.

There's not really a choice on the poll that fits this, so I abstained from voting.
    I hear you.

The poll was not really about changing the process, I think we can all agree that it could have been done better. The poll question was really about "knowing what we know now, and assuming the process does not change, you as a season ticket holder, would you have taken different actions or steps." Some of the suggested responses are more in line with a Top 10 list from David Letterman - added for humor purposes only.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by mm1956
    I hear you.

The poll was not really about changing the process, I think we can all agree that it could have been done better. The poll question was really about "knowing what we know now, and assuming the process does not change, you as a season ticket holder, would you have taken different actions or steps." Some of the suggested responses are more in line with a Top 10 list from David Letterman - added for humor purposes only.
    I know what you mean. This is what I think the Yanks should've done if they got a do over.

I already have one of the SI Plans but I would have gotten two if I'd known the mess this was going to be. The more separate Pinstripe Plans you have the closer to the field your seat is.

They did their seating in January for current holders. I was somewhat amused that I was set with them before hearing anything from the NYY. The Live Seating thing didn't work very well though, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayJG

What do the yankees do for those wanting FS tix after the best seats have been cherry picked on sat/sun? They would be left with a lot of 51 game midweek seats for sale! BAD BUSINESS!

I love my seats

NYYF Legend

While I'm happy with my seats more people would have been satisfied if the 41 game plan had been kept as a weekday plan like the 46 game plan was at OYS. Then there would have been more seats available for the Saturday and Sunday planholders.

NYYF Cy Young

I went with - not even bother with it. Don't get me wrong, I love going to games and it is something I do with my son and always hope he would too with his someday. I have been going to games since the old stadium - pre renovation. So for the Yankees to jerk me around so long, it isn't worth it. I bought a partial plan for convenience and it hasn't exactly been that.
    So instead of a 15 game plan, I would go to a few games a yr.

How about instead of us doing a survey, we gave the Yankees one? Like,
    I Might go with an upgrade, subject to availability of funds. Then when they call looking, I say well I am not sure yet, but keep holding on to those tickets though. I'll let you know. Then in another month, I say, oh I'm sorry, I bought Mets tickets instead. How about if I just buy a cap and I promise I'll watch Center Stage on YES ?

NYYF Triple Crown

I chose not even bother with it.

I can only go to weekend games, possibly Friday games if I go straight from work. If this happens again next season and I can't get the plans I want, I won't renew.

Released Outright

I absolutely would have gotten a full season. Hopefully I would have lined up friends to just split it with but I wouldn't have been adverse to going into the ticket selling business. I declined very nice seats given my lower seniority and I'm still kicking myself for making that mistake.

NYYF MVP

There's just not that much you could have done, regardless, unless you had the time and/or the money to go full season. Otherwise, if you love the Yankees and going to games, you were at their mercy for the relocation.
    There have been great arguments pro and con for why partial plan people should/should not have gotten the short end of the stick. I'm a 12-year partial plan guy who thinks that full-season people, even new ones, deserve priority. So I'm not anti-Trost and think I can look at this somewhat objectively.
    If I were Lonn Trost, I would have ensured the following things.
    1) Any partial plan person with a decade or more in the plan gets to sit in a Main section. I'm near the left field foul pole in the Main section, but a friend who has a decade in Main Box MVP seats on the Saturday plan is now sitting in the upper deck. Something wrong with that.
    2) Any plan holder since 1994 or earlier (predating the ridiculous players' strike) should get the option of retaining their seats, wherever they were. Many wouldn't want to pay $325 for their old seats, anyway, but at least give them the option.
    3) There absolutely should be no obstructed view seats, whether they are $12 or $5 or $85. If the seat is obstructed, don't put it in there in the first place.
    4) The phrase "architectural shadow" would never again leave my lips.
    5) Every plan holder who calls the office would be respectfully treated like a valued customer.
    6) Newer plan holders who are not able to obtain seats in their desired plans would have access to pre-sale tickets.

Devoted Member

And once they "deviated" (as more than one ticket rep put it) from the relocation booklet every ticket holder should have been made aware of the changes to give them an equal chance at full seasons if they wanted them

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by Mishmash
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by StingrayJG

What do the yankees do for those wanting FS tix after the best seats have been cherry picked on sat/sun? They would be left with a lot of 51 game midweek seats for sale! BAD BUSINESS!
    I actually contend that it would've been BETTER business to do it my way on a couple of fronts. (Here comes the science...)

They'd have me there on Sundays, someone else there on Saturdays, someone else there on Fridays, and other people with the 12, 12, & 11 game plans there to fill the rest of the vacancies. And what do you have at the end? Don't bother scrambling for the calculator, I'll tell you. 80 games!!! Hey look at that!!! It's called a "full-season-equivalent (or FSE) That only leaves you with one game left. Oh yeah the Opening Day tickets they RIPPED from me!!

And....AND....they would've made MORE money doing it this way. How you ask? Well, let's just pick a section at random, say...uhhh... 228 main level. The Yankees could've made $5,670 ($70 x 81) selling a seat in that section as a full season equivalent as I described above. But if they allow that seat to go to a line-cutter who wants to upgrade and they take care of him first, they only charge the line-cutter $4,860 ($60 x 81) since FS planholders pay less per ticket than we do. And in the process they pissed off a bunch of loyal fans and created utter chaos in the relocation process.

Now I will concede that the Yankees gain some stability having one seat with one accountholder, lots easier for the book keeping I'm sure. That is high-risk, high reward for them. If that person leaves, they're left with 81 games to fill, as opposed to me leaving my plan in a full season equivalent seat, they can just plug in another Sunday person there. In the unlikely event no one's there to step in to those vacancies, an 81 game game vacancy is worse than a 15 game one. Luckily these are high-flyin' times for NYY and they don't have to worry about these types of problems (right now anyway.) But if the supposed money-grubbin' Yankees were just in an all-out pursuit to make the most money possible, they shot themselves in the foot allowing the "wave the cash, cut to the front" approach to take over the process, as I outlined above conclusively.

One of the things I always loved about math? There's only one right answer.

And don't get me wrong, Mishmash, I totally understand your point, but it depends on what the Yankees' motives were as to who is more right here. If they wanted the stability of FS's as opposed to FSE's, (and the ensuing bad feelings and chaos) then mission accomplished. If they wanted to just go straight for the almighty buck (as most always accuse them of), they actually should've done it the way they said they were originally going to (my way) before they did the about-face that they did.

It's apparent that you have your views on this issue and I have mine. Neither one of us is right or wrong in the long run because we're not calling the shots. If I haven't swayed you towards my view, I hope that my examples above have at least enlightened you to how I arrived at my views, and that you can at least respect me for that. Peace, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastermind
    And once they "deviated" (as more than one ticket rep put it) from the relocation booklet every ticket holder should have been made aware of the changes to give them an equal chance at full seasons if they wanted them
    Not sure what you mean, but every 2008 season ticketholder had a chance at FS and that was in the relo package. page 35.

as long as the glass in row 1 of the terrace doesn't become a problem, i'm psyched.
    [URL="http://userbars.org"][IMG]http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/7608/yankeefanwz7.png[/IMG][/URL][IMG]http://archive.userbars.com/display.php?a=MTIyOTYyNjk0MDE4NzQwMjk=[/IMG]

Thread Information