+ Reply to Thread

Idea for a fantasy league

OK, so I have this league I tried out last year. On top of the regular Yahoo! fantasy rules, we added an extra concept.

Heres how it works:
    We do 2 drafts.
    I gather the league's participants and as they enter, they get a number. As comissioner I am in first, so my number is 1, then the first person to join gets 2. All the way up to number 10. I go to this website that generates a series of numbers in random order. I set it to shuffle the numbers 1-10, and whatever comes out first is a draft order.

In the first draft we select either the offense or pitching staff of a major league club. By the end of the draft, everyone owns an offense and a pitching staff. One must be AL, the other NL. Throughout the season, if one owns a particular club, they also own all its corresponding players.

For example, If I own the Mets offense, throughout the season I own Carlos Beltran. I may choose to keep him on my roster, or leave him as a Free Agent. No other league member may add him to their roster. If Beltran were to be traded to lets say, the Chicago White Sox, which is owned by another member, Beltran must be immediately forfeited to the other league member, whether that member chooses to add him to the roster or not. However, if Beltran is traded to the St Louis Cardinals, which is not owned by anyone, the Mets member may keep him on the roster. If he was not on the roster at the time of the trade, he may be picked up by anyone.

Essentially this creates a fantasy league where a Major League Franchise is to the Fantasy League what a Minor League affiliate is to the big league club.

In the second draft, Yahoo will generate an order at random, where we may select individual players. In this draft, it is best to select players whose "rights" are not already owned. If a league member selects a guy whose rights are already owned by someone else, they simply forfeit the pick and the commissioner will remove the player from the roster after the draft.

Thoughts anyone?

By the way, I have 3 or 4 slots left so if anybody wants in, let me know.
    Mariano Rivera was so great he was able to close a Denny's.

Alright, alright, alright... Big_E's Avatar
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Re: Idea for a fantasy league

I was in a league like this last year. I hope yours worked better. The one I was in was horrible. People lost interest and did not release players when they were traded...

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

Quote Originally Posted by Big_E
    I was in a league like this last year. I hope yours worked better. The one I was in was horrible. People lost interest and did not release players when they were traded...
    as commisioner i get to that right away.
    Mariano Rivera was so great he was able to close a Denny's.

Just Flanders being Flanders. Stupid Flanders's Avatar

This idea sounds terrible but I wish you well with it
    Here's to you, Mr. Robinson. Jesus loves you more than you Cano.
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball - Springfield Nuclear Power Plant
    World's Greatest Yankee Blog

NYYF HOF

sounds kinda unfair that potentially your best player could get taken away from you just because he got traded in real life, sounds like a league you'd either love (if you got some superstar traded to your team) or effin hate (if you got a player taken away in the middle of the season)
    NYYFANS.com Fantasy Baseball: Carolina Force
    2010 & 2011 Gehrig Division Champs.

Thread Information