+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Alex Rodriguez Support Thread

Since I was 8 and A-Rod was a rookie on the Seattle Mariners, he's been my favorite baseball player and athlete in general. I believed all of his feats were all natural which made me even prouder to be an A-Rod fan. It really hurt me on Saturday when the steroid story came out and knowing that my hero was also a cheater. Even though I feel betrayed by his words and actions, I think it's important to support him. He's still a Yankee, and he's still the best player on the team and a top 5 player in baseball. I know a lot of fans have been split on him whether it's his lack of clutchness or his huge contract but the fact of the matter is the guy's won 2 MVP's since coming to the Yankees, is probably going to be on the team for 9 more years, and may eventually break Barry Bonds' home run record (even though it may not be legit). Unlike Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens, he was man enough to admit his mistake and apologize like Andy Pettitte and Jason Giambi who were both forgiven. I'm sure a lot of you may disagree with this but I think as Yankee fans we should still support and cheer for him and if you're gonna boo, save it for when he doesn't hit in the post season .

NYYF Cy Young

Re: Alex Rodriguez Support Thread

I'm all for supporting ARod. I think it was wise of him to accept that he made a mistake and admit it. And as long as he stays away from using PEDs again, he'll have my full support. Keep in mind he was given similar tests as olympic athletes in '06 for his participation in the WBC, and will do so again this year.

I am a Yankee fan. This guy is a great, great ball player who plays for the Yankees. end of story; I support him.

He made a mistake and did what many, if not most, players were doing. It did not directly hurt anyone. The guy is very human and thereby gets my sympathy as well as support.

This whole steroid controversy, in my opinion, is way, way over blown. There are tremendous problems in the world. This is not one.

Released Outright JavyVazquezIsSick's Avatar

I support steroids and Alex Rodriguez

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

While I certainly don't support him using steroids, I support him as a man and as a Yankee.
    Life is good!

MO IS THE MAN !!! YanksFanTillDeath's Avatar

I support him 100%, two minute Standing ovation on his first at bat..

LETS GO YANKS !!!!

Funky Call Mussina

NYYF Triple Crown

STL, MO--Supposedly Baseball Heaven, but I'll take the Bronx over STL anyday

If he delivers on the field all will be forgotten. The guy has some serious issues. Anyone who still thinks Madonna is a prize, needs to have their head examined. This isn't 1987.

Registered

I support the Yankees signing Manny Ramirez.

Addicted Member

Alex admitted his usage and has apologized. If you want to crucify him, go ahead, you're wasting your time. This story is now officially old news.
    Carlos Beltran wanted to play CF for the Yankees, not the mets. The Yankees said no. Mark Teixeira wanted to play 1B for the Yankees, not the sux. The Yankees said yes!

Definitely in the Arod support camp. He was great in his interview with Gammons today. I'm glad he took the Pettitte path, came clean, and asked the public to forgive him instead of going the Clemens route. He seemed genuinely sorry in the interview and i still want him on the Yanks, doing what he does.

He's still my favorite player and this whole thing actually humanizes him a bit, in my eyes.

I should probably also say that I don't really care about steroids in general, so I'm sure that makes it easier for me to be supportive. Some of my buddies are vehemently anti-steroid, and I'm sure that they are more conflicted about this than I am. Oh well. To each his own.

People make mistakes, and so do baseball legends. I'm behind Alex.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by BxBomber44
    People make mistakes, and so do baseball legends. I'm behind Alex.
    QFT 100%

NYYF Legend

Here's for a killer 2009!

I support ARod and all the other current Yankees (I suspect 6 or 7 on the 25 man roster) who have used PEDs.

NYYF Legend

Alex will continue to be my favorite Yankee - I fully support him and will continue to do so as long as he's a Yankee.

I've always supported him, and have never booed him throughout his career (even during his horrendous series in Seattle last year).

I was disappointed with what came out two days ago, but was still behind him, and what he did today cemented that even further.

Here's to another MVP in 09 Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by NYYDragoon
    Here's for a killer 2009!
    If he can pull off a great 2009... oh man.

You have my support A-Rod!

NYYF Legend

I'm going to support him for one reason. He plays for the Yankees and they really need him.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
    [/FONT]

Devoted Member

Big fan of A-Rod. I'll be rooting for him all year long.

NYYF Triple Crown

Two beautiful rural acres in Windham, Maine

This story is not about ARod. It's about a huge percentage of MLB players who were doing it at the time when nobody was really policing this. We don't know who they were, thanks to the bullseye place directly on ARod, but I'm willing to bet there were lots more than the 103 other names that SI has conveniently neglected to mention in its breaking news story.

Yes, I support the man and am grateful he's not pulling a Rocket or Bonds here.
    Yankee fan living in Maine.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Oh geez....I just started an A Rod support thread in the Sports Bar. Mods, if you want to merge, please do. Sorry....I thought I'd get crucified if I started an A Rod support thread in the ITL.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    Oh geez....I just started an A Rod support thread in the Sports Bar. Mods, if you want to merge, please do. Sorry....I thought I'd get crucified if I started an A Rod support thread in the ITL.
    Can we just tie you up and spank you

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by montrealer
    Can we just tie you up and spank you
    You shush Mr. Oh Canada

Forum Regular

Never was a huge fan of the guy, but the media of course blew this way out of proportion because it's the Yankees. I'll support A-Rod, let's hope he has a monster year!
    Yankees - Knicks - Rangers - Patriots

Addicted Member

I support him, I may buy his jersey now

Thread Information