View Poll Results: Would you want Alex Rodriguez to retire?

Voters
205. You may not vote on this poll
  • No - I still support/believe in Alex

80 39.02%
  • No - I hate the drama, but he's irreplaceable

79 38.54%
  • Yes - The money could be better spent elsewhere

28 13.66%
  • Yes - I'd rather weaken the team than have him on it

18 8.78%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Re: Poll: would you want A-Rod to retire?

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Rivers's Bat
    I would take Joe Crede at $7mm over A-Rod at $32MM any day.

I seriously do not know how to respond to this

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDamonfan
    Okay, bad example. Let me think of a better example. You never hear people ripping on Miguel Tejada for doing steroids. But, if he's a Yankee people are going to flame the ever loving crap out of the guy.

Was that any better?
    Because Miguel Tejada doesn't have a shot at hammerin' Hanks record. A-Rod was suppose to be the player that vindacted the records from steroid users such as Bonds and Mark. Now he is on the same level.

If Tiger Woods did steroids the whole comparision to him and Michael Jordan would fly out the window. If John Daly did steroids no boby would give a chit.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSh 1s
    Because Miguel Tejada doesn't have a shot at hammerin' Hanks record. A-Rod was suppose to be the player that vindacted the records from steroid users such as Bonds and Mark. Now he is on the same level.

If Tiger Woods did steroids the whole comparision to him and Michael Jordan would fly out the window. If John Daly did steroids no boby would give a chit.
    Tejada should be held to the same standards, since both "cheated" or whatever. Personally, I dont give a crap about "vindicating" records and what not. Bonds, McGwire and Alex are all great players in my eyes...and nothing will ever change that.

If A-Rod retires, he will walk about as the biggest phony in the history of sports. For all who think he is retiring is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045
    Tejada should be held to the same standards, since both "cheated" or whatever. Personally, I dont give a crap about "vindicating" records and what not. Bonds, McGwire and Alex are all great players in my eyes...and nothing will ever change that.
    Bonds and McGwire will never be on the same level as Hank. If you believe otherwise, than I feel sorry for you.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

If A-Rod retires, he will walk about as the biggest phony in the history of sports. For all who think he is retiring is laughable.
    Agreed. He's been tested for the past 5 years and hasn't failed. He has no reason to retire.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

This is our future. JohnnyDamonfan's Avatar

Then I am going tocontinue to support A-rod. And ignore all the media , and those stupid Yankee fans that boo him, etc.etc. . I would rather have a cheater on our team then ship this cheater somewhere else. This guy can hit 40 homeruns a year for us. And let's just be happy the other steroid taker Giambi is gone.
    Still and will always be a New England Patriots fan.

[quote=THEBOSS84]You may be my favorite poster on the site. So sweet and innocent.[/quote]

Live like it's heaven on earth Micky Rivers's Bat's Avatar

I know it is not our money but seriously think about it - 09:$32M, 10:$32M, 11:$31M, 12:$29M, 13:$28M, 14:$25M, 15:$21M, 16:$20M, 17:$20Mplus another $30M marketing agreement based on home run milestones.

You don't think management wouldn't love to get out from under this albatross now?
    Fall down seven times, stand up eight.

I would take Joe Crede at $7mm over A-Rod at $32MM any day.

..oh my god.... I can't breathe....... phew.

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045
    Same here. Exposing players that did it before the rule was put in place is nothing more than a witch hunt, it can do nothing good for anyone. it's for people who get off on pointing their holier-than-thou finger at someone so they can tell them how wrong they were.
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

I know it is not our money but seriously think about it - 09:$32M, 10:$32M, 11:$31M, 12:$29M, 13:$28M, 14:$25M, 15:$21M, 16:$20M, 17:$20Mplus another $30M marketing agreement based on home run milestones.

You don't think management wouldn't love to get out from under this albatross now?
    They just signed that albatross last year. It's their own fault... not A-Rod's or anyone else's.
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

Released Outright CallOfTheCrow's Avatar

At what price? Both monetarily and team chemistry wise? How many championships have we won with him?
    Would you prefer Clay Bellinger manning 3B? He's an uber world series champion.

Even if he did take them, the Yankees will make their millions on him and he will hit 40+ homeruns for about 4 more years and still be able to hit after that. He's one of the biggest, if not the biggest players in the game and when your the biggest everyone is gunning for you. I do think the 32 million could be spend better elsewhere, but A-Rod is A-Rod and its really nice to have him at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Jglaubman

..oh my god.... I can't breathe....... phew.

It was the funniest thing I have heard in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Fan in Boston
    They just signed that albatross last year. It's their own fault... not A-Rod's or anyone else's.
    I didn't say it was his fault. However, as a fan of the team I wish they didn't have this huge financial burden. Especially, for a player who only thinks of himself.

I voted "no" because he played in an era where we know that a minimum 15-20% were taking PED's, knowing that the percentage is greater, According to Chipper Jones, in an old WFAN interview, he suspects that 1/4 to 1/2 of the players have used, and that even he was tempted but would take out a picture of his family from his wallet as a deterrent. Honest and refreshing response from him.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDamonfan
    Then I am going tocontinue to support A-rod. And ignore all the media , and those stupid Yankee fans that boo him, etc.etc. . I would rather have a cheater on our team then ship this cheater somewhere else. This guy can hit 40 homeruns a year for us. And let's just be happy the other steroid taker Giambi is gone.
    You really have to word you phrases better. Sorry, you make it sound as bad as it actually is .

It was the funniest thing I have heard in a while.
    What is so funny about saving $25mm? About not having this huge distraction on the team?

Bonds and McGwire will never be on the same level as Hank. If you believe otherwise, than I feel sorry for you.
    Its impossible to compare players of different eras anyways....

are you serious

What is so funny about saving $25mm? About not having this huge distraction on the team?
    The day the Yanks announce they are out of money, I will admit you are right. Also, A-Rod is currently the best player in baseball.

Of course the $25MM could be spent elsewhere.

We're the distraction. Don't you see that? If every Yankee fan got over the bullcrap, none of this would matter.
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

Of course the $25MM could be spent elsewhere.
    You will not get an equal replacement at 3B a week before spring training opens

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23
    We're the distraction. Don't you see that? If every Yankee fan got over the bullcrap, none of this would matter.
    Well said. We are a paranoid bunch

Thread Information