+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 304 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 27 67 117 ... LastLast

Re: A-Rod tested positive for steroids

Quote Originally Posted by yanksfan7788
    I just lost a lot of interest in Major League Baseball!!!!
    WHat are you going to watch then? NFL is even more heavily drugged.

Hockey and soccer aren't all that clean either... although soccer is probably cleaner than most due to a multitude of oversight agencies, far more stringent penalties, and, probably at least in part, much more developed use of "legal" drugs, including anti-inflammatories and certain prescription drugs including various ADD medications.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmers' Helmet
    Although I obviously have no evidence (since it's not being released); there is no way that you can convince me that "Big Papi" didn't use PED's. He has displayed all of the classic symptoms of a PED user yet his name has miraculously been omitted from the Mitchell Report and other media leaks.

Would his name be out there if he were a Yankee?

Draw your own conclusions...
    I have.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hobokenfish
    So there should not have been testing in 2003? The union agreed to the testing, and baseball collected data. If the government subpoenas that data, there's not much you can do about it. And I have no sympathy for anyone who took roids and ended up on that list.
    You're still misunderstanding.

What I think he was saying was that the agreement between union and the league was that the data would be collected, samples taken and tested and then immediately destroyed. All records would also be destroyed of the testing and results.

The subpoenas by the feds weren't until last year or the year before. So there were 3-4 years there where the data still existed, but pursuant to the agreement, should have been destroyed.

So, if the agreement had been followed, when the Feds came knocking, they wouldn't have the data to hand over.

The gerbil lives Zimmers' Helmet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyquickpitch
    I didn't mean it as a personal attack. If you really believe there is a huge conspiracy against the Yankees, I weep for you.
    Ok, let me put it to you this way :

Do you honestly believe that no well known Red Sox have ever used PED's?
    Ever?

So far we have had Giambi, Pettitte, Clemens, and now A-Rod branded as PED users but not one single Red Sox player.

If you believe that then I weep for you as well.
    "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by grizy

Curling, its the only 100% clean sport
    Quote Originally Posted by DEADSOX
    We won, stop bitching. Bitches.
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...n23/george.jpg

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by OldYankeeFan
    David Ortiz ate David Arias. That's got to be illegal, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmers' Helmet
    Although I obviously have no evidence (since it's not being released); there is no way that you can convince me that "Big Papi" didn't use PED's. He has displayed all of the classic symptoms of a PED user yet his name has miraculously been omitted from the Mitchell Report and other media leaks.

Would his name be out there if he were a Yankee?

Draw your own conclusions...
    Wow, this is the classic argument made by seven year olds everywhere.
    I'll bet my father could beat up your father too.

sh*t.

The fact that Arod's name is out there and the other 103 aren't is a joke. MLB and the Feds are both pathetic organizations.

If more tangible evidence comes out that A-Rod used at one point or another during the time he was with the Yankees, I hope that they sue. This is just going to make my life more miserable. People, like me, who don't live in NY see the vast majority of games away, and deal with their fans telling me how much the Yankees suck, its now another thing im going to deal with at EVERY game I go to.

I just hope the Yankee fanbase realizes that it's us against the world. Regardless of your personal feelings towards A-Rod, we should give him a standing ovation every AB to let everyone know we don't give a damn about their bullsh*t. Now is not the time to be torn apart, we need to stand together and give the middle finger to the rest of the baseball world.
    "We understand that John Henry must be embarrassed, frustrated and disappointed by his failure in this transaction. Unlike the Yankees, he chose not to go the extra distance for his fans in Boston."

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by OldYankeeFan
    I have.

Who the hell is David Arias?

Quote Originally Posted by grizy
    I'm going to stick to the only clean sport out there: professional wrestling.

All you have to do is look at early pictures of ARod when he was a thin skinny kid, compared to pictures in 2003 to know that ARod is guilty.
    Pardon, for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeeah

Tooth Decay-Rod

Holy crap those are hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by gdn
    Who the hell is David Arias?
    David Ortiz. He reinvented himself to fool people. It's done all the time.
    Pardon, for us.

NYYF Legend

It's great that people with like 12 posts in 3 years have decided to chime in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3
    I'm going to stick to the only clean sport out there: professional wrestling.
    I'm gonna start following the ballet.

When does their season start?
    Quote Originally Posted by flymick24
    i want to link burnett's nipple ring to joba's and then watch them fight each other with knives

Quote Originally Posted by gdn
    You're still misunderstanding.

What I think he was saying was that the agreement between union and the league was that the data would be collected, samples taken and tested and then immediately destroyed. All records would also be destroyed of the testing and results.

The subpoenas by the feds weren't until last year or the year before. So there were 3-4 years there where the data still existed, but pursuant to the agreement, should have been destroyed.

So, if the agreement had been followed, when the Feds came knocking, they wouldn't have the data to hand over.
    You were misunderstanding my point. I asked to see a copy of the agreement because I do not know what it said. If it said the samples were to be destroyed immediately after the data was collected, then fine -- MLB breached the contract. But if there was no language to that effect, then MLB did nothing wrong. They abided by the agreement to keep the names anonymous, but the federal government eventually subpoenaed the records. Not much MLB can do after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderFan
    The fact that Arod's name is out there and the other 103 aren't is a joke. MLB and the Feds are both pathetic organizations.
    Then its possible this could be irresponsible journalism. MLB hasnt released anything yet.
    If you listen to the fans you’ll be sitting with them soon enough.- Brian Cashman

Make it go away Joe........

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
    It's great that people with like 12 posts in 3 years have decided to chime in this thread.
    That's why ITL is weak now. The Teixeria thread was full of people who had been with the site either for a week with 10,000 posts or 3 years with 4 posts.

how long until Cynthia spills the beans and says hes been doing it this whole time?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hobokenfish
    You were misunderstanding my point. I asked to see a copy of the agreement because I do not know what it said. If it said the samples were to be destroyed immediately after the data was collected, then fine -- MLB breached the contract. But if there was no language to that effect, then MLB did nothing wrong. They abided by the agreement to keep the names anonymous, but the federal government eventually subpoenaed the records. Not much MLB can do after the fact.
    Right, okay. Yeah, we're talking over each other.

Thread Information