+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Re: Giants at Steelers (10/26/08)

Quote Originally Posted by dabomb2045
    Giants fans, you guys need to have more faith in your team. Alot of negative comments early on in this game. This team has proven they know how to win big games like this....they did it last year. They stepped up and did it again today.
    Well we were playing pretty badly....

I feel that we'll be in the Super Bowl this year, and I've being saying that for awhile. I know we're a great team, so it's great to see us finally playing like it, especially in the fourth quarter.

Awesome Win!
    Rich

NYYF Triple Crown

161 and River Ave, Long Island, Scranton,PA

Giants fans, you guys need to have more faith in your team. Alot of negative comments early on in this game. This team has proven they know how to win big games like this....they did it last year. They stepped up and did it again today.
    I'm ashamed of a lot of people in here. I'm not going to mention names, but some of you are embarrassing.

There were a lot of gems in this thread, archive this

Quote Originally Posted by YanksFan1992
    Well we were playing pretty badly....

I feel that we'll be in the Super Bowl this year, and I've being saying that for awhile. I know we're a great team, so it's great to see us finally playing like it, especially in the fourth quarter.
    You werent playing badly. The Steelers are a damn good team. Its not like you were gonna waltz into their stadium and dominate them. It was gonna be a hard fought dogfight--and thats exactly what it was. And the Giants got the W because they know how to win games like this. I call it championship attitude.

It wouldnt surprise me one bit to see this rematch in February.

Bomb - when bad plays a made, they will be highlighted. Good team or not, there are always going to be things that need to be corrected.

We were fortunate in the end that our lack of execution in the red zone didnt hurt us. If I am negative for pointing that out then so be it.
    But I am not the type to sweep everything under the rug just because a game was won. The process is very important in my eyes and thats just who I am.

We could have won that game with a whole quarter to spare if we were crisp from the get go today. If we play a team with a better offense than that, we will need to take advantage of some of the chances we created for ourselves.
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa." [SIZE=1] [/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by b_joseph
    Bomb - when bad plays a made, they will be highlighted. Good team or not, there are always going to be things that need to be corrected.

We were fortunate in the end that our lack of execution in the red zone didnt hurt us. If I am negative for pointing that out then so be it.
    But I am not the type to sweep everything under the rug just because a game was won. The process is very important in my eyes and thats just who I am.

You just went into a difficult place for a visiting team to win....and beat arguably the best team in the AFC. If that doesnt make you happy, then not much will. You cant expect the Giants to play a perfect game against a team that good. But what they did do, is make the plays when the pressure is on. Thats why they won and thats what championship teams do. They know how to win.

You just went into a difficult place for a visiting team to win....and beat arguably the best team in the AFC. If that doesnt make you happy, then not much will.
    I never said I wasnt happy. I just mean that there are things to work on and I am not the type to sweep them under the rug because we beat a great ballclub.

The next few weeks are so tough and we will need to up our level.

BUT!!! Yes, it was a freaking great win.
    "Owning the Yankees," Steinbrenner once said, "is like owning the Mona Lisa." [SIZE=1] [/SIZE]

You werent playing badly. The Steelers are a damn good team. Its not like you were gonna waltz into their stadium and dominate them. It was gonna be a hard fought dogfight--and thats exactly what it was. And the Giants got the W because they know how to win games like this. I call it championship attitude.

It wouldnt surprise me one bit to see this rematch in February.
    You're right, I was just a little exasperated that we couldn't score a TD inside the red zone.

Quote Originally Posted by 161 and River Ave.
    I'm ashamed of a lot of people in here. I'm not going to mention names, but some of you are embarrassing.

There were a lot of gems in this thread, archive this
    Yeah, uh, disregard a few of mine.

NYYF Legend

. That was a battle ... ... Way to put the pressure on the QB.....

NYYF Legend

What a great win! The D was outstanding in the 4th quarter, I hope the next time Phillips has a chance to intercept the ball on 4th down, he knocks the pass down. He cost the Giants about 40 yards in field position by catching that pass and in a different situation that could have hurt them.

NYYF Legend

It's amazing how negative Giants fans can be (still). This was a great road win against the best team in the AFC, and the Giants didn't even play as well as they can.

Huge win. The defense was incredible today. A road win at what some people were saying was the best team in the league.
    "We understand that John Henry must be embarrassed, frustrated and disappointed by his failure in this transaction. Unlike the Yankees, he chose not to go the extra distance for his fans in Boston."

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by In Mo I Trust
    It's amazing how negative Giants fans can be (still). This was a great road win against the best team in the AFC, and the Giants didn't even play as well as they can.
    I don't know what some people expected. This was a road game against a very tough opponent. Do you know how hard it is to play in Pittsburgh and match their intensity? Did some people think we would put 30+ on the board?

Today was the most points and yards allowed by the Pittsburgh defense all year. Some of you need to grow up; better yet don't post the stupidity in the thread. I'm not saying every post needs to be positive, waving your Giants pom poms.

This gem sticks out the most "Gilbride needs to be suspended"

Quote Originally Posted by In Mo I Trust
    Exactly. I would have thought this team winning a Super Bowl (especially the way they did it), would have instilled much confidence among Giants fans and made everyone view this team differently them some of the "crack under pressure" Giants teams of the past.

Usually a championship changes things, but it seems a good number of Giants fans are still pessimistic. I dont know how anyone can be w/this team....what else do they have to do to make you believe?

NYYF Triple Crown

And Gilbride called a GREAT game. The Giants never gave up on the run. They stayed balanced. Toward the end we starting moving the ball and that was in part to us remaining consistent.

I just want to know why Bradshaw didn't get a few touches. If I had to guess, its because he puts the ball on the ground sometimes.

Addicted Member

Great win for the Giants-I knew this would be a dogfight going into it, and wasn't disappointed. The Steelers are a tough club and to beat them in their own park says a lot about the Giants. This game could be a Super Bowl preview.

All in all, we got a win, there were no signifant injuries (which is a big thing considering how physical Pittsburgh is), and now it's on to the Cowboys...finally.

And Gilbride called a GREAT game. The Giants never gave up on the run. They stayed balanced. Toward the end we starting moving the ball and that was in part to us remaining consistent.

I just want to know why Bradshaw didn't get a few touches. If I had to guess, its because he puts the ball on the ground sometimes.
    I would have liked to see Bradshaw get some carries...he might have been able to do some things by bouncing some plays to the outside.

My only complain with the Giants today would be their inability to score on that goal line situation. With their O line and a bull like Jacobs, they should score on that situation EVERYTIME. They gotta find a way to get a yard there. Cant allow Pitt the amount of backfield push they got.

NYYF HOF

I learned to not give up on this team a long time ago. They seized an opportunity and made the Steelers pay.
    I think the game should have been a one point margin with the last play determining the outcome. It was an outstanding defensive performance by both teams.
    Beware the Bobcat!!!

I don't know what some people expected. This was a road game against a very tough opponent. Do you know how hard it is to play in Pittsburgh and match their intensity? Did some people think we would put 30+ on the board?

Today was the most points and yards allowed by the Pittsburgh defense all year. Some of you need to grow up; better yet don't post the stupidity in the thread. I'm not saying every post needs to be positive, waving your Giants pom poms.
    Let me ask this because I dont think you've said yes or no to it. Was our overall performance in the Green Zone good or bad?
    Forget the opposition, was our execution in the green zone ok with you?

If you are honest, you will see where my frustration came from today. Nobody is expecting 30+ but we just have to get better in certain situations. That is an expectation of this Giant team and not a negative swipe against them.

There is a Big difference IMO. Nobody here is negative or doesnt think that this Giant team isnt one of the most talented groups in the League.
    In fact the reason why their is angst these days is because everyone knows how good this group is.

Fans will root differently for their team. I thought people understood that by now?
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Let me ask this because I dont think you've said yes or no to it. Was our overall performance in the Green Zone good or bad?

If you are honest, you will see where my frustration came from today. Nobody is expecting 30+ but we just have to get better in certain situations. That is an expectation of this Giant team and not a negative swipe against them.

There is a Big difference IMO. Nobody here is negative or doesnt think that this Giant team isnt one of the most talented groups in the League.
    In fact the reason why their is angst these days is because everyone knows how good this group is.
    They are 6-1. Its hard to be much better then that. Alot of their red zone troubles had to do with the Pitt D...give them credit cuz they are real good.

Just to chime in here, I made some comments expressing dismay at our red zone performance, but in general I'm very high on this team, and I think this was an excellent performance today. I do think the day will come where not putting TDs on the board will bite us in the ass. And it's not just today, what happened today was emblematic of what we've seen. However, that is nitpicking, and I only nitpick because my aspirations for this team are sky high.
    "We understand that John Henry must be embarrassed, frustrated and disappointed by his failure in this transaction. Unlike the Yankees, he chose not to go the extra distance for his fans in Boston."

NYYF Triple Crown

They are 6-1. Its hard to be much better then that. Alot of their red zone troubles had to do with the Pitt D...give them credit cuz they are real good.
    Best red zone defense in the league at that.

NYYF Triple Crown

This has been going on for a while now though with its peak at the Cleveland game. "Aaron Ross was exposed," "Suspend Gilbride!" (despite the fact that its the number 1 offense in the NFL)

This is the NFL. The Giants aren't going to dominate every minute of every game. Some posters don't understand that. There is a reason why the 72 Dolphins are the only perfect team. The Giants are going to play a game much similar to the way they played against Cleveland again. Probly a few more actually. Thats the nature of this league.

Makes you wonder what these threads would have been like back when Dave Brown was the QB.

Golden age of Giants football and some people will never be satisfied.

Thread Information