+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Daily News: Boras Negotiated Alex's contract - and its for $315 mil

I am surprised this hasn't been posted yet. I know a lot of folks wanted to believe that Alex left Boras in the dust, but apparently that isn't so. Not only did Boras negotiate Alex's contract, Boras claims it will be worth $315 mil if he breaks Bonds' home run record. Insane on so many levels, but it doesn't surprise me at all.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...acle_scot.html

"The Yankees were offering an eight-year, $230 million contract, but Boras says Steinbrenner agreed to 10 years after meeting with Rodriguez. Boras says he negotiated the rest of the deal, spending six weeks working out a plan with the Yankees and the commissioner's office that will pay Rodriguez $315 million, the richest in baseball history, if he breaks Barry Bonds' career home run record."

"The problem is that no one ever wrote the postscript to this deal," Boras says. "Alex Rodriguez is making $31 million a year at the age of 38 to 42. There is no player in professional sports who can come even close to anything like that."

Released Outright JavyVazquezIsSick's Avatar

Re: Daily News: Boras Negotiated Alex's contract - and its for $315 mil

Yeah, the Yankees are morons.

peachy
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

NYYF Legend

It must be fun giving all those extra millions up for no reason.

$300 million, $315 million, what's the difference at that point? Ridiculous either way. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by JavyVazquezIsSick
    Yeah, the Yankees are morons.
    While everyone was rejoicing last November I said the following and was blasted. But I stand by these words:

1) The Yankees got taken to the cleanors by Boras and his agent. Tell me who was going to give him that contract?
    2) The last 3 to 5 years of that deal are going to be ugly for the Yankees. Which ever of us are left here will be counting the days until that contract expires.
    3) The deal was more about home run records and television ratings than it was about winning.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay
    While everyone was rejoicing last November I said the following and was blasted. But I stand by these words:

1) The Yankees got taken to the cleanors by Boras and his agent. Tell me who was going to give him that contract?
    2) The last 3 to 5 years of that deal are going to be ugly for the Yankees. Which ever of us are left here will be counting the days until that contract expires.
    3) The deal was more about home run records and television ratings than it was about winning.
    I don't recall reading this, but if I had I would have agreed for sure. And I LOVE Alex.

Released Outright JavyVazquezIsSick's Avatar

No, I got blasted, don't know where you were.

NYYF Triple Crown

Gee that's great.

He is going to be an elite player in this league for a very long time. It doesnt matter how much money he earns.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by b_joseph
    He is going to be an elite player in this league for a very long time. It doesnt matter how much money he earns.
    When they can't sign John Jacobs in 2014 because A-rod is occupying $35M of the payroll, your stance may change.

NYYF Legend

I actually think I stayed out of most of the venom spewed when Alex opted out and in because it went down exactly how I thought it would (and I had said my point many times over about him) but I did then and still do agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84
    When they can't sign John Jacobs in 2014 because A-rod is occupying $35M of the payroll, your stance may change.
    I'm not sure why we should be worrying about the Yankees losing out on a FA because of money restraints..much less something that might or might not happen 5-6 years from now.

Yea, ok

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by teknetic
    I'm not sure why we should be worrying about the Yankees losing out on a FA because of money restraints..much less something that might or might not happen 5-6 years from now.
    I was half serious Tek. Who the hell is John Jacobs?

Hopefully he's better than ARod.

Can we sign him now out of middle school and give him a lifetime contract.
    [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

When has having a high salaried player ever stopped the Yankees from adding more money onto the payroll? Heck by then, the payroll might by 350 million!!!!

Plus, hopefully we will have some elite players that are cost controlled by then.
    I heard that John Jacobs and his buddy Steve Stevenson were good though.

When has having a high salaried player ever stopped the Yankees from adding more money onto the payroll?

Plus, hopefully we will have some elite players that are cost controlled by then.
    Beltran was one example
    [SIZE=3]NYY Triforce[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Phil Hughes[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Joba Chamberlain[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Ian Kennedy[/SIZE]

NYYF Legend

When has having a high salaried player ever stopped the Yankees from adding more money onto the payroll?

Cough/Beltran/cough

John Jacobs has a brother named Jingleheimer Schmidt, he's better.

Released Outright CallOfTheCrow's Avatar

I feel like I was kicked in the balls.

Hope is eternal

Alex isn't getting $35 million at the end of the deal, in fact he never reaches $35 million/per.

Alex Rodriguez 3b
    10 years/$275M (2008-17)

re-signed as a free agent 12/13/07
    $10M signing bonus ($2M paid upon approval, $1M paid each Jan. 15, 2009-2013, $3M paid Jan. 15, 2014)

08:$27M, 09:$32M, 10:$32M, 11:$31M, 12:$29M, 13:$28M, 14:$25M, 15:$21M, 16:$20M, 17:$20M
    $30M marketing agreement based on home run milestones ($6M each for reaching 660, 714, 755 and tying and breaking major league HR record)
    Texas obligated to fund $9M as part of deferred compensation provision in previous contract (to be paid with interest in $3M increments in 2008, 2009 & 2010)

10 years/$252M (2001-10)

signed as free agent 12/00 (Texas) (opted out 10/29/07)

$10M signing bonus (paid between 12/00 & 3/05)
    salaries: 01-04:$21M/year, 05-06:$25M/year, 07-10:$27M/year
    (with bonuses, Rodriguez earned $185.45M from 2001 to 2007)

no-trade clause

Rodriguez may void after 2007 season (10-day window after WS)
    Rodriguez may void after 2008 or 2009 unless club increases 2009-10 salary by $5M/year or $1M more than highest-paid MLB position player
    club may offer salary arbitration if Rodriguez voids contract 2007-09, but club may not offer salary arbitration after 2010
    2008-2010 financial obligations (eliminated if Rodriguez voids):
    NY: $50,695,500 (08:$15.884M, 09:$16.8985M, 10:$17.913M)
    Texas: $21,304,500 (08:$8.116M, 09:$7.1015M, 10:$6.087M)
    after 1 year (12/01), Rodriguez agreed to defer $45M in salary to 2011-20 at 3% (later reduced)
    waived no-trade clause 2/04, allowing trade to Yankees
    with 7 years/$183M remaining on contract:

Texas agreed to pay remaining $4M in signing bonus & $67M of remaining $179M in salary
    NY agreed to pay $112M of the remaining $179M in salary
    For further details on 2001-10 contract, click here.
    award bonuses:
    $50,000 for finishing 6th-10th in MVP vote
    $0.1M each for making All Star team, receiving most All Star votes, Silver Slugger, making post-season AP, Baseball America or Sporting News All Star team, being named player of the year by AP, Baseball America or Sporting News
    $0.15M each for LCS or LDS MVP
    $0.2M for WS MVP or finishing 2nd-5th in MVP vote
    $0.5M for MVP ($1M for second MVP, $1.5M for subsequent MVPs) (received $0.5M for 2003 AL MVP, $1M for 2005 AL MVP)

4 years/$10.7M (1997-2000) (Seattle)

97:$1.0625M, 98:$2.1262M, 99:$3.1125M, 00:$4.3625M
    3 years/$1.3M (1994-96) (Seattle)

94:$442,333, 95:$442,333, 96:$442,334
    drafted 1993 (1-1) (Westminster (Fla.) HS)

agent: Scott Boras
    ML service: 13.011
    Thankful to be a fan of a big market team

Yankee Stadium: 1923-2008 DiMaggio5CF's Avatar

Shocking.

Seriously, was there anyone who DIDN'T think Boras was behind the deal, regardless of what everyone involved wanted us to believe?
    27-Time World Champions

I understand Hank and Hal own the team....But can Brian Cashman be this much of either a pushover or a Moron??? Whoever negiotated this deal for the yankees is a jackass.....I would have been shocked to see him get 7 years at 25 million per season from any other team in baseball.....I have a feeling that if Cashman returns the Yankees will become the New York Knicks of baseball in no time flat

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees47
    I understand Hank and Hal own the team....But can Brian Cashman be this much of either a pushover or a Moron??? Whoever negiotated this deal for the yankees is a jackass.....I would have been shocked to see him get 7 years at 25 million per season from any other team in baseball.....I have a feeling that if Cashman returns the Yankees will become the New York Knicks of baseball in no time flat

hank is the one who brought it to 10 years after meetting with rodriguez, for the love of god its in the inital quote
    "Williams could be the Yankees' next great homegrown center fielder. "-BA

Quote Originally Posted by bmxstreetrider86
    hank is the one who brought it to 10 years after meetting with rodriguez, for the love of god its in the inital quote
    Yeah I see it jackass....Do you have an issue with me or something....Every post I write your on here rebutting me

Thread Information