+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 340
  1. #1
    NYYF Triple Crown

    genius-24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    NY

    The Official Pudge Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Good trade in time for the angels.

    Here is something to drool on...check out pudge's splits for June and July.


    Yea, I know!

    Lets go Yankees!


  2. #2
    But did Peter Abraham disco? Slioman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: The Official Pudge Rodriguez Performance Thread

    He's been lucky in June and July, but he's still been doing very well, regardless.
    Go Pudge.

  3. #3

    Re: The Official Pudge Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Slioman
    He's been lucky in June and July, but he's still been doing very well, regardless.
    Go Pudge.
    He's basically hit between 280-320 his entire career. Low OBP, not much power, but I don't think luck has much to do with it.

  4. #4
    But did Peter Abraham disco? Slioman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006

    Re: The Official Pudge Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by themgmt
    He's basically hit between 280-320 his entire career. Low OBP, not much power, but I don't think luck has much to do with it.
    No one can sustain a a ~.390 BAbip. I'd peg him down at a .325 BAbip the rest of the way through, his career numbers.

  5. #5
    Off To Never Never Land Mr.Muhozi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    City Of London

    Re: The Official Pudge Rodriguez Performance Thread

    he's an upgrade over molina and moeller, now we have only one hole in the lineup, and thats melky, and i predict he will heat up sooner rather than later

  6. #6

    Re: The Official Pudge Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Pudge could have helped us last night. Where was he?

  7. #7
    Addicted Member
    HondaCop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Virginia

    Re: The Official Pudge Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Folks, Pudge will have a HUGE positive impact in the Yankees... Especially with all the new, young pitchers in our organization. This is a GREAT trade.

  8. #8

    Re: The Official Pudge Rodriguez Performance Thread

    WFAN is saying that he should be available for tommorrow's game.

  9. #9

    Re: The Official Pudge Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Against LAA: 3-23 .130 BA
    In Yankee Stadium: 2-9 .222 BA

  10. #10
    NYYF Triple Crown

    mgpenguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    UMaine/VT

    Re: The Official Pudge Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by HondaCop
    Folks, Pudge will have a HUGE positive impact in the Yankees... Especially with all the new, young pitchers in our organization. This is a GREAT trade.
    I'm not sure it's THAT great. Doesn't he have a rep for calling a ton of fastballs with runners on?
    "Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. The first principle is that you must not fool yourself, and you are the easiest person to fool."

  11. #11
    NYYF Cy Young


    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Park Slope, Brooklyn

    Re: The Official Pudge Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Muhozi
    he's an upgrade over molina and moeller, now we have only one hole in the lineup, and thats melky, and i predict he will heat up sooner rather than later
    You might be alone in that assessment. I don't have much faith in Melky except that he makes the defense tons better.

  12. #12
    First Name: Keninovich hardrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    We just don't know

    Re: The Official Pudge Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by mgpenguin
    I'm not sure it's THAT great. Doesn't he have a rep for calling a ton of fastballs with runners on?
    That's what I worry about. Moose will shake him off forever. There will never be a pitch.
    We toast to the old days and DiMaggio too,
    Billy Martin and Mantle, Whitey Ford and to you

  13. #13
    NYYF Legend

    bcom33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Exiled to Connecticut

    Re: The Official Pudge Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hardrain
    That's what I worry about. Moose will shake him off forever. There will never be a pitch.
    Peter Gammons was talking about Pudge on the Michael Kay show. He said that the Detroit coaches got really fed up with the way Pudge was handling their pitchers...to the extent that they didn't even ask him to come to pitchers' and catchers' meetings anymore. So...I wouldn't assume that he will be the best pitch-calling catcher for us, but he's a great upgrade offensively and he can still throw people out.
    Masahiro Tanaka, 24-0 in 2013. He's the Japanese Jack Bauer.

  14. #14

    Re: The Official Pudge Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bcom33
    Peter Gammons was talking about Pudge on the Michael Kay show. He said that the Detroit coaches got really fed up with the way Pudge was handling their pitchers...to the extent that they didn't even ask him to come to pitchers' and catchers' meetings anymore. So...I wouldn't assume that he will be the best pitch-calling catcher for us, but he's a great upgrade offensively and he can still throw people out.
    If they didn't like Pudge wait until they get a shot of Farns.

  15. #15
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    a long way from yankee stadium.

    Re: The Official Pudge Rodriguez Performance Thread

    ok, so he is molina with a higher average. he becomes the starter over the next week, right? moeller will go down, right? will he and molina split time 2 to 1? molina will catch moose.

    do you bring him back next year? probably too soon to say.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

  16. #16

    Re: The Official Pudge Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Molina can join Ruth and eat some hot dogs while riding the pine. Pudge is healthy, Pudge is in the line up.

  17. #17

    Re: The Official Pudge Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Damn...Pudge looks like Kelly Stinnett.

    Wait...Am I too soon?

  18. #18

    Re: The Official Pudge Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Call up Montero and Romine in September just so they can work out with him.

  19. #19
    NYYF Legend

    JfromJersey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Old Bridge, NJ

    Re: The Official Pudge Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Gives A-Rod someone to reminisce with about the Rangers.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.

    It is never too late to be what you might have been.
    [/FONT]

  20. #20
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    a long way from yankee stadium.

    Re: The Official Pudge Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JfromJersey
    Gives A-Rod someone to reminisce with about the Rangers.
    the rods are back together.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

  21. #21
    NYYF Cy Young

    simmy886's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Long Island

    Re: The Official Pudge Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by NYYFans4Life123
    Against LAA: 3-23 .130 BA
    In Yankee Stadium: 2-9 .222 BA
    Molina had 4 at bats against the angels 2-4
    MUCH worse in Yankee stadium.

    Not that I read into numbers like this. Just sayin'.

  22. #22

    Re: The Official Pudge Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ajra21
    ok, so he is molina with a higher average. he becomes the starter over the next week, right? moeller will go down, right? will he and molina split time 2 to 1? molina will catch moose.

    do you bring him back next year? probably too soon to say.
    Yeah, it's definitely too early. He'll be a type A free agent if the Yanks offer him arbitration so they could get good draft picks for him if he signs elsewhere. Our leader, Jorge, just went under the knife today so let's see how his rehab goes. Don't forget that we have Molina already signed for next season.

  23. #23

    Re: The Official Pudge Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustin563
    Yeah, it's definitely too early. He'll be a type A free agent if the Yanks offer him arbitration so they could get good draft picks for him if he signs elsewhere. Our leader, Jorge, just went under the knife today so let's see how his rehab goes. Don't forget that we have Molina already signed for next season.
    The question is will the Yanks offer him arbitration with Posada-Molina signed next season? I would think that Pudge would accept it if it is offered........

  24. #24

    Re: The Official Pudge Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ajra21
    the rods are back together.


    Uh, let's hope they're not crossing swords before they charge into battle...mmmkay?
    Che Rodriguez - Freedom Fighter

  25. #25
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    a long way from yankee stadium.

    Re: The Official Pudge Rodriguez Performance Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by wang+cano=future
    The question is will the Yanks offer him arbitration with Posada-Molina signed next season? I would think that Pudge would accept it if it is offered........
    i think, from what i've read, that the minimum we can offer is $9m. he'd take that without hesitation because he knows no one else is offering anywhere near that. i liked that we signed molina for two years and stand by that decision.

    i'm right that there is some way of them not offering arbitration and then signing him for $5m per year?
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts