+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    NYYF MVP

Question about Yankee Hotels on the Road

I just returned from a road trip to Houston to see the Yanks sweep the Astros. The trip was great, of course. And as an added bonus, my son and I just by dumb luck happened upon the hotel the Yankees were staying in. We noticed a few fans hanging around outside and next thing we knew, there was the team bus. We wound up getting unexpected autographs from Mussina and Damon.

Here's the question: We're also planning to attend next week's series in Pittsburgh. And I'm just wondering how we might be able to determine where the team might be staying there. (I guess I'm hoping for lightning to strike twice.)

Any thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

Re: Question about Yankee Hotels on the Road

Ballparksofbaseball has a good hotel list. Unfortunately it doesn't have any yankee hotels but you could probably piece together where they might stay by looking at where other teams stay.

http://travel.ballparksofbaseball.com/teamhotels.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Gehrig39
    Ballparksofbaseball has a good hotel list. Unfortunately it doesn't have any yankee hotels but you could probably piece together where they might stay by looking at where other teams stay.

If you're in Boston, the Yankees stay at the Ritz on Avery Street.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Gehrig39

Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate the heads-up.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin563
    Almost every other team stays at the Sheraton - with a few at the Westin Copley. The Angels and the Yankees put on the Ritz.

Anyone know if that site gets updated frequently?

Shame no one in San Diego stays in either the Hard Rock or the Omni.

But then again, I'm sure the reason why I think they should is the reason why they don't!

Both hotels are RIGHT ON TOP OF THE BALLPARK! With the Omni even featuring its own ballpark entrance!

Heh, actually it seems the Cardinals are the only team brave enough to stay right in the Gas Light District, and in the Omni itself!

Wonder about the ALers in interleague, too bad that site doesn't list that.

Does anyone know where the Yankees stay in Seattle?

Anyone know where they stay in Anaheim?

NYYF Triple Crown

how about in Baltimore
    FRANCESA >> KAY

NYYF Triple Crown

I've seen them at the Hyatt in Toronto.

Released Outright

If they keep hitting like this, Brian Cashman should make them stay at Howard Johnsons!

Quote Originally Posted by The Q Bomb
    If they keep hitting like this, Brian Cashman should make them stay at Howard Johnsons!
    Haha, the heck with that, give them the Indians Express plane from Major League!

Quote Originally Posted by casrock7
    Does anyone know where the Yankees stay in Seattle?
    I do! I do!

They stay at The Fairmont in downtown Seattle. My father went two years ago and waited for the Yankees to come outside because my father had surgery the day before. We met half of the Yankees because of it. Some of the Yankees are nice about it, you just have to watch out for the people who are trying to get the autographs to sell them. I met Cano, Mo, saw Matsui in a car, Sal, Bobby Murcer (probably the nicest guy ever!) and others.
    [

Quote Originally Posted by machphantom
    Anyone know where they stay in Anaheim?
    Anyone know? I want to check out Anaheim Stadium and stay in the same place the yankees stay.

They stay at the Island Hotel (at least Jeter, A-Rod, and Jorge do), when they play the Angels. I am not sure about the rest of the team. I have seen them at the lobby bar a ton of times.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by JOBA RULES
    how about in Baltimore
    I heard from several people that they stay at the Baltimore Renaissance Harborplace

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...orplace-hotel/

I heard that they used to stay at the Marriott Inner Harbor but in recent years have switched to the Renaissance Harborplace because they have better security there. Many other teams supposedly also stay at this Renaissance when in Baltimore for that same reason.
    Jimmy G. (Seniority 03/28/1994)
    1994-2008: Main Res MVP Sec. 14, Row G
    2009: Section 330, Row 6
    2010: Section 233A, Row 20
    2011: Section 229, Row 16 *All Sunday Plans*
    2012: No longer STH, liberated!

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin563
    That hotel is on my walk from the subway to my office. Lots of other teams stay there too. Throughout the year I'll see groups of autograph seekers hanging out across the street.
    "The saddest thing in life is wasted talent"

Quote Originally Posted by ojodeazul
    They stay at the Island Hotel (at least Jeter, A-Rod, and Jorge do), when they play the Angels. I am not sure about the rest of the team. I have seen them at the lobby bar a ton of times.
    Is the Island hotel a westin/hilton chain??? Got a website, I'd like to reserve a room there then!

Quote Originally Posted by azzurribaggio
    Is the Island hotel a westin/hilton chain??? Got a website, I'd like to reserve a room there then!
    It used to be the Four Seasons in Newport Beach. It is now an Irvine Company Hotel. The website is:www.theislandhotel.com

It used to be the Four Seasons in Newport Beach. It is now an Irvine Company Hotel. The website is:www.theislandhotel.com
    Yikes at $395/night (being the cheapest) I guess I'll be staying elsewhere.....I guess I can always hang out at the bar? Do you stay there also and that's why you've seen them a bunch of times?

Quote Originally Posted by StingrayJG
    I heard from several people that they stay at the Baltimore Renaissance Harborplace

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...orplace-hotel/

I heard that they used to stay at the Marriott Inner Harbor but in recent years have switched to the Renaissance Harborplace because they have better security there. Many other teams supposedly also stay at this Renaissance when in Baltimore for that same reason.
    If you do the AAA 3 day stay special, it is $139 per night.

Quote Originally Posted by azzurribaggio
    Yikes at $395/night (being the cheapest) I guess I'll be staying elsewhere.....I guess I can always hang out at the bar? Do you stay there also and that's why you've seen them a bunch of times?
    1. There is a marriott across the street, that is probably cheaper if you want to be close.

2. I have stayed there, but my parents have a home in Newport Beach and go to dinner there 2 or 3 times a week.

3. It seems that whenever I visit my parents the Yanks are in town. They were actually hanging out at the bar the night of my law school (don't hold it againt me) graduation party.

4. They always sit, when you first walk in the lobby bar to the right because it is kinda hidden.

1. There is a marriott across the street, that is probably cheaper if you want to be close.

2. I have stayed there, but my parents have a home in Newport Beach and go to dinner there 2 or 3 times a week.

3. It seems that whenever I visit my parents the Yanks are in town. They were actually hanging out at the bar the night of my law school (don't hold it againt me) graduation party.

4. They always sit, when you first walk in the lobby bar to the right because it is kinda hidden.
    Ok thanks for the tips, I'll check out the Marriott then.

Since this thread appears to be a little outdated- does anybody know where the Yankees stay in Toronto? Someone said the Hyatt, but there appear to be several in Toronto...

Thread Information