+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    NYYF Triple Crown

New York City, The greatest city in the entire world!!

Yankee Stadium Tours

I did a 1 hour tour of Yankee Stadium yesterday. I got to sit in the press box, went into monument park, walk on the field along the thrid base side, sat in the Yankees dugout and went into the Yankees clubhouse. I only had 2 complaints : The tour was pretty rushed. I barely had enough time to take pictures along with pictures of myself. This annoying guy kept yelling "folks you must keep up with the group, folks you must move along"!! As a result, my pics came out so so. I know they are on a schedule but geesh. On top of that, our tourguide was moving throughout the tour so fast leaving half the group behind. Over all it was ok. What could improve the tour is if they make the tour groups smaller (25 instead of 50) and tack on some extra minutes (making the tour a hour and a half instead of one hour) so that people could have time to take pictures. Lots of people were upset because they paid money for this and they felt rushed.

When you go into the clubhose, they don't allow photography. There must have been a story behind that. Or maybe it has always been that way. They cut off a short section for you to walk in and out. I know that you cannot touch the players lockers, personal stuff or anything and I wouldn't want too (although there are stupid people who would). But my thing was that they could have made the touring section within the clubhouse a little longer inwards so that you could view everyone's locker. I saw most of the pitchers lockers in particular Wang and Mariano's. I also saw Cano, Jeter, Damon's locker from a distance. I also saw the entrance to the players sauna and shower room.

I believe that in the past you could have toured the box suits seats occupied by George Stienbrenner and other celebs and watch a 15 minute video about the Yankees. This year they deleted those things from the tour. I might go again to retake pictures just because the stadium is tearing down at the end of this season. I hope the tours of the new stadium will continue to be $20. It use to be $12 a long time ago. I should have went back then.

Does anyone have stadium touring stories to share?

NYYF Legend

Re: Yankee Stadium Tours

Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateGirl

I went back in December 2000. My cousin and I were really immature and freaked out that the guy giving the tour only had 1 hand. Looking back, what an idiot I was and wish I payed more attention to the tour itself.

Guinness for Strength! Boogiedown Bomber's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChocolateGirl

I'm still trying to get tix for my daughter and I to go.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown Bomber
    I'm still trying to get tix for my daughter and I to go.
    My bf got to the Stadium Ticket booth 15 to 10 minutes before 11AM. Thankfully he was able to get 2 tix for a 12 noon tour. It was sold out but the lady talked to someone and asked if he was paying by cash. When he said yes, she coughed up the tickets. We were lucky.

I would suggest to anyone who wants to do a tour to go to Yankee Stadium (obviously when the Yankees are on the road) around 9 or 10AM. They do give away tickets every single day. You don't have to reserve and order through the internet. I also found out that there is more than one tour per day.

NYYF Legend

I did the tour a few years back in November. It was a rainy day, so we didn't get to walk around the field from Monument Park to the dugout, but we still saw everything. We didn't feel rushed at all. My sister got reprimanded for standing on the grass though.

Tony, the tour guide, was very knowledgeable and took the time to answer everyone's questions and talk about a lot of cool things.

One thing I remember was thinking how run down the stadium was, seeing things up close.But I enjoyed it and was glad we went. The tickets were around 12 bucks then. They had another tour package which was longer and included a video, but we didn't do that one.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

NYYF Triple Crown

I took the tour last December 29th. I also felt rushed by the security guards who were trailing the group. If we lagged a little behind the group to take a picture the guard would tell us to keep up with the group, don't fall behind.

Tony the Tour Guide led our tour also. He was a walking encyclopedia about Yankee Stadium. He was terriffic.

I also noticed how run down the stadium looked during the off season. One thing I got a kick out of was that there was a small Christmas tree on the pitcher's mound.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripedbass
    I took the tour last December 29th. I also felt rushed by the security guards who were trailing the group. If we lagged a little behind the group to take a picture the guard would tell us to keep up with the group, don't fall behind.

Tony the Tour Guide led our tour also. He was a walking encyclopedia about Yankee Stadium. He was terriffic.

I also noticed how run down the stadium looked during the off season. One thing I got a kick out of was that there was a small Christmas tree on the pitcher's mound.
    I remember seeing the pics of that. I got a kick out of it too. I think there was snow on the ground.

NYYF Legend

I did the tour last Friday and also felt rushed.

Chocolate Girl, was your tour guide an old guy? I think his name was Paul? That's who I had. I'm sorry I didn't get Tony as I've heard he has some of the best stories. The guy I had wasn't bad, but he started 10 minutes early (glad I was there on time) and he announced at the beginning that it would be a shortened version, but didn't say why. My guess was that they were doing more tours per day since there is such demand.

Anyway, we went to the press box, Monument Park, the Yankees' dugout and clubhouse. We didn't get to walk on the field though since The Sporting News had some kind of event going on in the outfield. But even though it was rushed it was AWESOME! I got goose pimples walking down that tunnel to the dugout, seeing the sign with the DiMaggio quote (which I jumped up to touch ), and then seeing the green grass of Yankee Stadium appear in front of me. Wow! I'm glad I took the time to go before the Stadium is just a memory.

I also have to mention that while I was out east, I saw the three games against Toronto on the last homestand. I don't plan on getting back to the Stadium this season, so my last game at Yankee Stadium was a memorable one - Giambi's walk off homerun. What a way to go out!

Heidi

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

I wish people would complain about the guy who rushed you all through it. That really sucks. He should be talked to about that. Or let go if he really rushed people in and out but I doubt they'd do that.

NYYF HOF

I think the rushing was par for the course. I did the tour yesterday also. We had Tony - he was awesome. And has some nice hardware from the 99 WS championship. That ring is HUGE
    "We understand that John Henry must be embarrassed, frustrated and disappointed by his failure in this transaction. Unlike the Yankees, he chose not to go the extra distance for his fans in Boston. It is understandable, but wrong that he would try to deflect the accountability for his mistakes on to others and to a system for which he voted in favor. It is time to get on with life and forget the sour grapes."

went at easter 07. never seen a game in my life and only had seen a few innings on tv in england, baseball is not watched here.

from the moment i walked into the stadium on the tour, i was hooked. people were in awe in the clubhouse, i was like, 'jeter?'. who is he then?

i spend many hours catching up, reading and learning the game, even playing pitching and catching in our local park with lots of odd looks. i have a decent slider. lol. went to a game this year after flying over again and have special cable package for games. once bitten...the yankees are ridiculously addictive and basically wonderful. a guy walked past a few months back and jokingly suggested i could play for the red sox. i was stunned. i let him know where my colours lay.

for me to see a comeback rally and then mariano close was just the best, right up there with seeing city win a manchester derby.
    UK Yankees fans, many of us and proud...

NYYF Legend

I want to take my kids but I keep hearing they are completely booked. I guess I should call tomorrow and find out if there are any openings by chance.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by s1ty m
    went at easter 07. never seen a game in my life and only had seen a few innings on tv in england, baseball is not watched here.

from the moment i walked into the stadium on the tour, i was hooked. people were in awe in the clubhouse, i was like, 'jeter?'. who is he then?

i spend many hours catching up, reading and learning the game, even playing pitching and catching in our local park with lots of odd looks. i have a decent slider. lol. went to a game this year after flying over again and have special cable package for games. once bitten...the yankees are ridiculously addictive and basically wonderful. a guy walked past a few months back and jokingly suggested i could play for the red sox. i was stunned. i let him know where my colours lay.

for me to see a comeback rally and then mariano close was just the best, right up there with seeing city win a manchester derby.
    That's so cool. Baseball is certainly an addictive game. But I think Americans who grow up on the game take it for granted. It's not an easy game to explain. Bob Newhart had a routine years ago where he had a one sided phone conversation with Abner Doubleday, who was explaining the rules of baseball. Hilarious! But it also pointed out just how complicated the rules are if you are learning them all at once for the first time.

Heidi
    Last edited by MunsonNY15; 06-17-08 at 10:56 PM.
    "I don't need any extra motivation. My motivation is to win." - Derek Jeter

the reason why they dont allow you to take pics in the club house is that sometimes they have there family pics up or personal stuff .but as for the off season idk why they wont let you

Argh. I'm doing a tour this week and I hope they don't run me through it. We already won't get to do the clubhouse since the Yankees are home.

If I grab some dirt, will they beat me to a pulp? (no seriously?)
    Metallica. Screaming crowd. Jog to the mound. Game over. - Chad Jennings

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by BBombers85
    I went back in December 2000. My cousin and I were really immature and freaked out that the guy giving the tour only had 1 hand.
    That guy is Tony Morante. Nice guy.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by MassNYYfan
    Argh. I'm doing a tour this week and I hope they don't run me through it. We already won't get to do the clubhouse since the Yankees are home.

I want dirt too!

Quote Originally Posted by MassNYYfan

No, just do it quitely. I grabbed 2 pockets full. The only dirt you can get is the dirt in front of the Yankee dugout and the warning track. The dirt is now hanging on my wall.

NYYF Legend

I took the tour in March and even know all the players lockers were empty they still would not alow any photos of the cubhouse. Wonder why? Anyway I'm glad I took the tour. It was worth it just to sit on the Yankees bench

NYYF Triple Crown

I don't even know who my tour guide was? I wasn't paying attention when he annouced his name cause I was busy putting batteries in my camera and setting it up for record.

I want to go again. This time since I know the layout of the tour, I will just stay ahead of the group just to retake my pictures (especially on the field and in the dugout). Oh and that dirt grabbing idea is a pretty cool one.

I went a few years back. Tony ran the tour. I had a chance to chat with him. He had some great stories.

Last season, I did a Safeco Field tour. The tour guides there were very laid back and nice. They even let me go into the visiting team's shower.

When we went into the press box, they let us take anything that was laying around. I grabbed myself a Yankees 2007 Press Guide.

Also, Chocolate Girl is a great name!
    Die hard Yankee fan since 1974.

[URL="http://www.claybuchholzloveslaptops.blogspot.com"][/URL]

Ryan and I went last fall before I went back to Washington. Great experience. You should visit my myspace or facebook for pictures that we took. We couldn't take pictures of the Yanks clubhouse but we did see someone's jock strap!
    [

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    I want to take my kids but I keep hearing they are completely booked. I guess I should call tomorrow and find out if there are any openings by chance.
    I was at the game today - I went to the advanced ticket window inside the stadium looking for a tour ticket and the guy told me they release tickets on the day of the tour. Also, I went in March to exchange season tickets and they had an actual sign up in the window say that all tours were sold out for that day. When I got up to the window, they were ready to sell me tour tickets, as they didn't realize I was there to exchange season tickets. It seems so arbitrary. All this to say, plan the day you want to come for your tour and I think more than likely you'll get in. I'm going to try when the Yankees are in Boston at the end of July. I hope this helps.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Tino's Girl
    I was at the game today - I went to the advanced ticket window inside the stadium looking for a tour ticket and the guy told me they release tickets on the day of the tour. Also, I went in March to exchange season tickets and they had an actual sign up in the window say that all tours were sold out for that day. When I got up to the window, they were ready to sell me tour tickets, as they didn't realize I was there to exchange season tickets. It seems so arbitrary. All this to say, plan the day you want to come for your tour and I think more than likely you'll get in. I'm going to try when the Yankees are in Boston at the end of July. I hope this helps.
    Thanks for the info. The problem is it takes 2 to 2.5 hours approx (one way) so going randomly like that without really knowing if I'm going to get in would be a stretch. I keep forgetting to call my ticket rep and see if it's possible for me to get 4 tickets.

NYYF Legend

This is from the Yankees website: http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/b...dium_tours.jsp

All advance tickets for tours for individuals and groups of 11 or less,
    held at 12:00 noon and 1:00 p.m., are currently sold out.

However, you can keep checking the website to see if other times open up for your date requested, or, you may buy day-of-tour tickets. THESE ARE THE ONLY REMAINING OPTIONS TO PURCHASE TICKETS AT THIS POINT. Twenty tickets will be made available for the 12:00 p.m. tour and also for the 1:00 p.m. tour. Tickets go on sale at 9:00 a.m. (Monday through Saturday) and 10:00 a.m. (Sunday) at the advance ticket window on a first come first served basis.

An arrival between 9am and 10am should give you the opportunity to purchase tickets, however, the earlier that you arrive will enhance your chances.

Thread Information