+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Berdard on the block??

I couldn't post this in the Hot Stove but:

Jun 9 The Chicago Tribune's Phil Rogers reports Seattle Mariners SP Erik Bedard could be shopped at the trading deadline.

As much as he is struggling now, I fully expect him to rebound. The Mariners are the worst team in baseball, are they getting desparate?

NYYF HOF

Re: Berdard on the block??

Does Berdard have any relation to Eric Bedard?

Released Outright CallOfTheCrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellsing
    Does Berdard have any relation to Eric Bedard?
    Or Erik Bedard?

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by CallOfTheCrow
    Or Erik Bedard?
    ouch...(WHO SPELLS ERIC WITH A K?) Come on.

I am not going to edit that post because it's comedy gold.

The Mariners front office is dreadful, so if we can get him for a good price (which shouldn't be hard knowing Bavasi), I would be all for it.

And by good price I mean very good, not just decent (I don't really have a package that comes to mind though).

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hellsing
    ouch...(WHO SPELLS ERIC WITH A K?) Come on.

I am not going to edit that post because it's comedy gold.
    Actually i do, Erik is my first name, its scandinavian Thank you very much!

I think for the amount of prospects they gave up for him, they have to stick with him long-term.

Quote Originally Posted by webassign
    I think for the amount of prospects they gave up for him, they have to stick with him long-term.
    I really don't think they will.

He doesn't like Seattle, Seattle doesn't like him, and he seems to be acting out (although that might just be his personality).

there's levels to this! ARoDfan4life's Avatar

Expect him to go to Philly.
    "I wish the Yankees had a GM"

NYYF Legend

Although I don't see it happening, how funny would it be if he came to the Yanks. The O's dealt him out of the division for a reason, and it would be incredibly ironic if he returned to it.

Released Outright JavyVazquezIsSick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CallOfTheCrow
    Or Erik Bedard?
    Owned.

From what I've heard Bedard really just doesn't care that much about baseball. His heart isn't in the sport at all and he basically just plays for the pay check. He isn't a good locker room influence.

Still if Seattle wants to give up on him for a bargain price I wouldn't hesitate. He is just too talented to ignore.

Bedard has much more passion for watchin hockey than actually playing baseball.....its a shame he has the talent he does

NYYF MVP

is it true that he hates teh media
    "If we have to, we'll hoard everybody. That's what the Yankees used to do."

“Most lineups will hate facing our pitching and most pitching will hate facing our lineup,”

Hasn't he said he wants to play for Toronto? if Burnett opts out, I can see it being a possibilty..and that makes me wet in the pants.

Hughes/Robertson '12. groovitude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpman_DJ
    Actually i do, Erik is my first name, its scandinavian Thank you very much!
    I considered posting this exact post myself, but decided against it. Represent, homey!

In other news -- I really don't expect to see Mr. Bedard in pinstripes, and considering his reported lack of passion for the game, wouldn't want him in my clubhouse. The ability is pretty, but we're well-equipped otherwise.

Yeah........Rumour is he`s going to the Maple Leafs.........

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

Quote Originally Posted by primetime714
    From what I've heard Bedard really just doesn't care that much about baseball. His heart isn't in the sport at all and he basically just plays for the pay check. He isn't a good locker room influence.
    Psssttt....he also speeds in school zones, stuffs firecrackers in frogs' mouths, and never sends mother's day cards.
    If you're too lazy to find an actual quote from either the player (lack of passion) or a teammate/coach (locker room influence), at least post a link citing a reputable scribe speculating online or in the press.
    Within two pages of other posters regurgitating this rumor, Bedard's Lack Of Desire will be an accepted 'fact' here.
    "Anything else is a failure, and I know that."

The Sausage King of Chicago Abe Frohman's Avatar

It would be beyond amazing if we could get Bedard. Maybe his lack of

passion is due to the fact that his team is abysmal ? i cant see Bedard

coming here and pitching with no heart.

So what does one offer for him?

A deal built around Jackson maybe?

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by O'Neill's 3b + E
    So what does one offer for him?

A deal built around Jackson maybe?
    I love to get him, as long as we could sign him to a long term deal, but if it's a rental I'd rather not. It's probably going to take players like Melky & Kennedy + an A prospect, maybe even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleacher_Creature
    I love to get him, as long as we could sign him to a long term deal, but if it's a rental I'd rather not. It's probably going to take players like Melky & Kennedy + an A prospect, maybe even more.
    We can not forget what the M's gave up to get him. Certainly the fact that we're 1/3 of the way through the season changes his value a bit, but Baltimore got Adam Jones for him and Adam Jones would have been a top 10 prospect in all of baseball had he missed a hand full of PAs last season.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by O'Neill's 3b + E
    We can not forget what the M's gave up to get him. Certainly the fact that we're 1/3 of the way through the season changes his value a bit, but Baltimore got Adam Jones for him and Adam Jones would have been a top 10 prospect in all of baseball had he missed a hand full of PAs last season.
    I agree, it will be expensive to get him. Although I can't see the Yankees holding on to Hughes in the Santana trade and sending him to the Mariners for Bedard.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunyankee
    Psssttt....he also speeds in school zones, stuffs firecrackers in frogs' mouths, and never sends mother's day cards.
    If you're too lazy to find an actual quote from either the player (lack of passion) or a teammate/coach (locker room influence), at least post a link citing a reputable scribe speculating online or in the press.
    Within two pages of other posters regurgitating this rumor, Bedard's Lack Of Desire will be an accepted 'fact' here.
    Pssttt its a message board I'm not writing for a newspaper here I don't have to cite my sources. Chill out. If you wanted to know where I heard this you could've simply asked. The announcers were discussing this during his start against us. They said that talk within the Mariner organization is that they were dissapointed in Bedard as he showed little passion for the sport. I don't have a specific quote or a written source for this because it would be incredibly stupid for the Mariners to come out and say we're dissapponited in this guy especially if they are thinking about trading him. It would also be foolish for Bedard to say anything publicly suggesting this as he doesn't want to decrease the amount of money he'll get in his next contract. It is a rumor there is no documented source to confirm it only rumblings. Take it for what you will. I never said you had to buy it, that's just what I heard while watching that game and think its something the organization should take into account if they consider dealing for him. With that in mind I did say I would have no problem getting Bedard if he came at a bargain price. Although if that happened you'd have to assume something is wrong whether it is this rumor or something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleacher_Creature
    I agree, it will be expensive to get him. Although I can't see the Yankees holding on to Hughes in the Santana trade and sending him to the Mariners for Bedard.
    Yea we're not giving up on Hughes this quickly after refusing to deal him for Santana, but the M's aren't going to give Bedard away for free even if the rumors of attitude problems are true.

I'd offer Kennedy, Melky, Tabata, and Marquez. This is roughly in line with what we were offering for Santana, but the value of guys like Kennedy, Tabata, and Marquez has decreased since then. I don't know if Seattle would go for that (probably not), but that's about what I'd offer.

Thread Information