+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Can you bring your own water into Yankee Stadium?

Can you bring in water, or does security prevent that?

if so, are there restrictions? for example, do they let you bring in a thermos? does it have to be in a bottle?

we're going tomorrow, and would appreciate any info on this. thanks!

NYYF Legend

Re: Can you bring your own water into Yankee Stadium?

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/b...k/security.jsp

No backpacks, briefcases, attachι cases, coolers, glass or plastic bottles, cans, large purses, bags or video cameras will be permitted into the ballpark. You must leave these items in your vehicle before entering the ballpark.

Quote Originally Posted by gszabo
    Can you bring in water, or does security prevent that?

if so, are there restrictions? for example, do they let you bring in a thermos? does it have to be in a bottle?

we're going tomorrow, and would appreciate any info on this. thanks!
    No thermos/no coolers - unopened bottled water is fine. I plan on bringing 24 bottles tomorrow for the 4 of us. I will throw them in the freezer tonight and they will stay chilled throughout the game. They must be in clear plastic bags and if you odn;t have clear clear plasitc bags, they will at the tables right after you the get security scanned, but before your ticket gets scanned.

Finally had to change avatars NYYRules#1's Avatar
    Bronx, NY (Home of the Yanks!)/Trumbull, CT

I bring in unopened bottled water all the time - in fact, I just did it today. There's a terrific convenience store on 161st Street on the YS side (not on the side of the McDonald's), a few stores up from River Avenue (it has a blue sign) that sells bottled water for $1.00 (I forget how many ounces, but it's a decent sized bottle - they also have bigger bottles that are pretty cheap as well). I always get my water there and then bring it across the street into the Stadium.
    1923•1927•1928•1932•1936•1937•1938•1939•1941•1943•1947•1949•1950
    1951•1952•1953•1956•1958•1961•1962•1977•1978•1996•1998•1999•2000
    27-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS

Theres a vendor out by the parking garage across from the new stadium. 1.00. and the gyro stand outside mcdonalds aslo sells them for a bucthey make me drink em before i enter. Just happened two days ago. Or make me throw em out. they were open though so i dont know for sure about unopened bottles.

can you bring food lol im sick of sticing those bags of hot nuts down my crotch.

Forum Regular

When ever I go to the game I go to McDonalds and buy some food there and they allow me into the stadium with it. All you have to do is put it in a clear plastic bag that they give you outside of the gate. I know someone who brought in a large pizza pie into the stadium.
    Winning is second to breathing!

As long as the bottles of water are closed (and still sealed) they usually let you in.

Last time there was a 90+ degree game the stadium gave out free water (!!!). But I think this was mainly due to the fact that it was a day game and many day camps were in attendance (Pretty much all of TIER Reserved were lil kids).

Anyone know if they're doing that again this weekend?
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]"My hero's, my dreams, and my future lie in Yankee Stadium and they can't take that from me." - [I][B]Derek Jeter[/B][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by desus
    As long as the bottles of water are closed (and still sealed) they usually let you in.

Last time there was a 90+ degree game the stadium gave out free water (!!!). But I think this was mainly due to the fact that it was a day game and many day camps were in attendance (Pretty much all of TIER Reserved were lil kids).

Anyone know if they're doing that again this weekend?
    Yes. There was water being distributed inside the ballpark yesterday. They announced it would be done on Sunday and Monday.

Forum Regular

I went in through the press gate on Tuesday night and I had to either finish my water or throw it out. It was opened. Friday night I just put it in my back pocket and put my shirt over it.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

I think it depends on who is at the gate. Some seem to let you in with water (opened or not) and others make you toss it in the garbage. Now I just hide it at the bottom of my bag and they don't check my bag that well so I can bring it in.

haha im going to try this out , im going to bring in about 2 gyros and a dozen dogs.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by adam973
    haha im going to try this out , im going to bring in about 2 gyros and a dozen dogs.
    Good luck! Who knows maybe they'll let you in.

All Praises Be to Mariano destro's Avatar

i brought plastic water bottles yesterday
    [B][SIZE=1][I]"Fans don't boo nobodies..." - Reggie Jackson
    [/I][/SIZE][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by mm1956
    No thermos/no coolers - unopened bottled water is fine. I plan on bringing 24 bottles tomorrow for the 4 of us. I will throw them in the freezer tonight and they will stay chilled throughout the game. They must be in clear plastic bags and if you odn;t have clear clear plasitc bags, they will at the tables right after you the get security scanned, but before your ticket gets scanned.
    i went through with 24 unopened bottles of water today through gate 4 today - they even helped me move it to clear plastic bags. Not a big deal. We drank all 24 bottles too - it was pretty hot today. My buddy went through with 2 foot hoagie @ gate 6 - he sailed through as well. I have not had any issues with bottles of water through Gates 2, 4 or 6 this year. They were always unopened. Opened bottles - could be a problem because it may not be water at that point.

After the game , when I crossed the GW, outside temperature gauge on my car read 102.

I also brought in unopened water bottles today.....3 of them as well as a Subway sandwich. I just had to move them into the clear plastic bags they supply.

I buy a gatorade or some type of soda before every game and drink half before getting to the stadium and always bring it in with me. Never had a problem with that.
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

NYYF Legend

It was so hot that the Yankees actually gave out water today.
    No Rally Monkeys, Towels or hankies
    Just 50,000 fans of the New York Yankees.

All Praises Be to Mariano destro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wexy

yeah they did that yesterday as well as the last few years we had really really hot days
    [B][SIZE=1][I]"Fans don't boo nobodies..." - Reggie Jackson
    [/I][/SIZE][/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripedbass
    Yes. There was water being distributed inside the ballpark yesterday. They announced it would be done on Sunday and Monday.

Thanks!

I actually was sitting with a day camp at one of those hot day games, the free water was a lifesaver (imagine buying water for about 26 kids!). Only problem was the all too frequent bathroom breaks.
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]"My hero's, my dreams, and my future lie in Yankee Stadium and they can't take that from me." - [I][B]Derek Jeter[/B][/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

And it was very cold too. I was much appreciative of that.

NYYF Legend

Great out ticket prices will prob go up now.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

I remember the one forum party I went to was a day like today. Some July afternoon in 2006 and we were out in the bleachers. Holy hell was it hot.

NYYF Legend

they made me open the water bottle so they could smell it, guess they thought it was vodka.

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by adam973
    Why stop there. Try a dozen clams and a rib roast..
    Beware the Bobcat!!!

Thread Information