+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2008 MLS Thread

2008 MLS Thread

I'm not really following the league much this year, but I can't wait for next year, when Seattle's team starts play (although I still do root for Toronto FC).

I've already saved up quite a bit and am planning on getting season tickets for their inaugural year.
    Last edited by YanksFan1992; 06-13-08 at 06:08 PM.

Re: 2008 MLS Thread

LA Galaxy baby!

I used to like the Metrostars when it was the NY/NJ team, then they changed it to just plain Metrostars and I was fine with that too. When Red Bull bought the team and changed it to Red Bull New York I took offense. I mean its not like the team ever played in NY like the Giants, it was always a NJ team with the people of NJ supporting it. With Beckham coming over I figured why not switch to LA after not having a team to cheer for, for a couple of years. Hoping to make a trip out there sometime to catch a game and hit up some good skate parks.
    New York Yankees: 27 Time World Series Champions!

NYYF Triple Crown

Go Toronto FC! Have a good streak going lately. Watching their games though the fans are absolutely freaks.
    NYYFans FBBL: Babe's Blasts

RIP Pete Cheng; the commish will be missed.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by YanksFan1992
    I'm not really following the league much this year, but I can't wait for next year, when Seattle's team starts play.
    Do you realize Seattle already has a team in the United Soccer Leagues (USL) First Division? The USL is below MLS and there is no promotion or relegation between it and MLS.
    http://www.uslsoccer.com/teams/2008/22379.html

Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ
    Do you realize Seattle already has a team in the United Soccer Leagues (USL) First Division? The USL is below MLS and there is no promotion or relegation between it and MLS.
    http://www.uslsoccer.com/teams/2008/22379.html
    I do, we were champs last year too. (we also made it to the semifinals of the US Open Cup, and beat the Colorado MLS team 5-0.)

However, there is limited media coverage, they play in a tiny stadium that is 45 minutes past downtown Seattle (and an hour away from me) so they are hard to really get in to.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ruthianblast
    Go Toronto FC! Have a good streak going lately. Watching their games though the fans are absolutely freaks.
    Watching those games gives me hope that the MLS can make serious progress. They really need to find a way to avoid playing on on football fields. Nothing kills a match like that.
    Dem ol' grimy Jets...

Toronto FC defeated Colorado 3-1 today and they are now 5-0-2 (5 wins, 2 ties, 0 losses) at home and as of this minute are in second place in the Eastern Conference.

LA is on their way to win over SJ. Up 3-0 thanks to an Edson Buddle hat trick. Beckham was playing well in the first half, had a good pass that helped lead to the first goal but towards the end of it, it looked like he tweaked his hamstring and has been playing more cautious. Still about 18 minutes left in this one. Go Galaxy!

Toronto FC now has a 10 game unbeaten streak at home.

I was out longboarding so I missed the game, but apparently, LA couldn't hold a two goal lead with about 20 minutes left and blew a chance at 3 points. Ugh.

Thread Information