+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 19 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 725 of 820
  1. #701
    NYYF Legend

    Eldee5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    South Carolina (Originally NJ)

    Re: The David Cone said what? Thread

    He was singing "Call Me Maybe" in the booth today. You can't make tho stuff up! I'm SO glad he's in the Yankees' booth. One of a kind.

  2. #702
    NYYF Legend

    ZYanksRule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Port Chester, NY

    Re: The David Cone said what? Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldee5 View Post
    He was singing "Call Me Maybe" in the booth today. You can't make tho stuff up! I'm SO glad he's in the Yankees' booth. One of a kind.
    This three-man might be my favorite. Kay is just setting Cone and O'Neill up all day. Cone and Paulie are so much fun to listen to. Such a reprieve from some of the other awful announcers we have.


  3. #703
    Happy Summer!! b-ball-lunachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: The David Cone said what? Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldee5 View Post
    He was singing "Call Me Maybe" in the booth today. You can't make tho stuff up! I'm SO glad he's in the Yankees' booth. One of a kind.
    wait - what inning was that-- I need to go back and listen to that.

  4. #704

    Re: The David Cone said what? Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by b-ball-lunachick View Post
    wait - what inning was that-- I need to go back and listen to that.
    I don't remember (sorry!), but I loved how Kay brought up how the Call Me Maybe reference got Cone to trend on Twitter in New York. Paulie and Kay then talked about how out of all the YES guys, Cone was the one most tuned into pop culture. One of them then said something to the extent of when Cone's sons get older, they're going to realize they have a cool dad with lots of stories to tell. Cone replied that he couldn't tell most of his stories, and either Kay or Paulie replied that at a certain age the kids will be able to use Google anyway.

  5. #705
    A new year, a new era penguin4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    New York, NY

    Re: The David Cone said what? Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldee5 View Post
    He was singing "Call Me Maybe" in the booth today. You can't make tho stuff up! I'm SO glad he's in the Yankees' booth. One of a kind.
    http://soxanddawgs.com/mlb/video/yes-call-me-maybe.html
    "You aint my b!tch, n!gga! Buy your own damn fries!" -- Barack Obama

  6. #706

    Re: The David Cone said what? Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldee5 View Post
    He was singing "Call Me Maybe" in the booth today. You can't make tho stuff up! I'm SO glad he's in the Yankees' booth. One of a kind.
    After listening to that clip I believe using the term "singing" is an extremely charitable description of his vocalization.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

  7. #707
    Happy Summer!! b-ball-lunachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: The David Cone said what? Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Let's Go Yanks View Post
    I don't remember (sorry!), but I loved how Kay brought up how the Call Me Maybe reference got Cone to trend on Twitter in New York. Paulie and Kay then talked about how out of all the YES guys, Cone was the one most tuned into pop culture. One of them then said something to the extent of when Cone's sons get older, they're going to realize they have a cool dad with lots of stories to tell. Cone replied that he couldn't tell most of his stories, and either Kay or Paulie replied that at a certain age the kids will be able to use Google anyway.
    i love them in the booth.

    thanks for posting that Tara

    Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    After listening to that clip I believe using the term "singing" is an extremely charitable description of his vocalization.
    I think the singing came earlier in the game - that was the recap of what happened. would love to hear the singing.

  8. #708

    Re: The David Cone said what? Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by b-ball-lunachick View Post
    i love them in the booth.


    thanks for posting that Tara


    I think the singing came earlier in the game - that was the recap of what happened. would love to hear the singing.
    I hope so for Cone's sake. Hey, at least Sterling can belt out a show tune.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

  9. #709
    Happy Summer!! b-ball-lunachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: The David Cone said what? Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I hope so for Cone's sake. Hey, at least Sterling can belt out a show tune.
    well he has to have some redeeming quality. as for Coney, I'm thinking it was more singing than talking but still not very good.

  10. #710

    Re: The David Cone said what? Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by b-ball-lunachick View Post
    in the game - that was the recap of what happened. would love to hear the singing.
    No, even earlier in the game, he wasn't singing. He just said "here's my number, call me maybe" when the screen was showing the bullpen phone. So you didn't miss any actual singing!

  11. #711
    NYYF Legend

    Eldee5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    South Carolina (Originally NJ)

    Re: The David Cone said what? Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    After listening to that clip I believe using the term "singing" is an extremely charitable description of his vocalization.
    I never said he was good!

  12. #712
    NYYF Legend

    35Knucklecurve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Maryland branches, Pennsylvania roots

    Re: The David Cone said what? Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldee5 View Post
    I never said he was good!
    I'd gladly settle for a bad attempt at singing by Coney than 3 hours of some of the guys I have to listen to here.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

  13. #713
    NYYF Legend

    Eldee5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    South Carolina (Originally NJ)

    Re: The David Cone said what? Thread

    Singleton (to Coney): What adjustments do you expect Ichiro to make coming over to the Yankees?
    Coney (laughing as he speaks): He's got to adjust to playing on a first place team.


    It may get lost in the translation, but it was funny to watch!

  14. #714
    Happy Summer!! b-ball-lunachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: The David Cone said what? Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 35Knucklecurve View Post
    I'd gladly settle for a bad attempt at singing by Coney than 3 hours of some of the guys I have to listen to here.
    he kept talking this weekend about upchuck the boogie..I was waiting for him to do a little Rapper's Delight.

  15. #715
    Forum Regular
    BronxBombers92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New York

    Re: The David Cone said what? Thread

    man, not gonna lie, I could listen to Coney and Singleton do every game

  16. #716

    Re: The David Cone said what? Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BronxBombers92 View Post
    man, not gonna lie, I could listen to Coney and Singleton do every game
    they are a pretty good combo

  17. #717
    NYYF HOF

    theDurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Basking Ridge, NJ

    Re: The David Cone said what? Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by nnysiny View Post
    they are a pretty good combo
    I enjoy the mutual respect each has for the other's career and the pitcher vs. hitter banter that goes on. Two players who know the game beats dumb*** MK asking stupid questions all night that he already used the series before. The great thing is these two respect the game being played in front of them, even craptastic ones like the Anaheim disasters.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

  18. #718
    Happy Summer!! b-ball-lunachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: The David Cone said what? Thread

    Cone said he was going to get a Twitter account. now he might be worth me joining and following someone. there's a fake Cone account but it's not that funny..here's a link to the fake one:

    http://twitter.com/david_cone

  19. #719
    Happy Summer!! b-ball-lunachick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    New Jersey

    Re: The David Cone said what? Thread

    btw- did I hear Kay say that Cone calls Meredith Marakovits The Rock? Did anyone else hear that?

  20. #720

    Re: The David Cone said what? Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by b-ball-lunachick View Post
    he kept talking this weekend about upchuck the boogie..I was waiting for him to do a little Rapper's Delight.
    Oh I think that may've been some of what we heard--I met an old friend on Sunday to watch the game at a bar and he was, like, WTF? This is my friend who works for the State Dept and lives overseas, so I had to explain that it was David Cone etc. and no one knows what he is talking about most of the time. So then he got into a whole 10 minute "HEY CONEY WHY DONT-CHOO HAVE A DANCE" spree...

  21. #721
    time of my life ... ajra21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    a long way from yankee stadium.

    Re: The David Cone said what? Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    I enjoy the mutual respect each has for the other's career and the pitcher vs. hitter banter that goes on. Two players who know the game beats dumb*** MK asking stupid questions all night that he already used the series before. The great thing is these two respect the game being played in front of them, even craptastic ones like the Anaheim disasters.
    I think Kay is fine but Coney and Ken are the best we have. Coney might be the best colour guy in the game now. He had a pitch map on the screen last week. He is more than prepared to discuss newer concepts whilst being a fun guy with good stories to tell.
    Bring tea for the Tillerman; Steak for the son; Wine for the woman
    who made the rain come; Seagulls sing your hearts away;
    'Cause while the sinners sin, the children play ...

  22. #722
    Forum Regular
    BronxBombers92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New York

    Re: The David Cone said what? Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    Great broadcast, but Cone should stop making up high-falutin' sounding words.

    "CC is able to really variate that pitch." There is no verb "variate" (except in Italian). Uhh, 'vary' would do fine, David.....end rant.

    He's been using it all season. I'm waiting to see if Kay picks it up, too. He loves words that don't exist, too.
    "wristage" was the word of the day for Coney this time lol

  23. #723
    NYYF Legend

    35Knucklecurve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Maryland branches, Pennsylvania roots

    Re: The David Cone said what? Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by BronxBombers92 View Post
    "wristage" was the word of the day for Coney this time lol
    The play-by-play guy for the Nats uses "serious jammage". I cringe every time.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

  24. #724
    NYYF Cy Young


    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philly Burbs

    Re: The David Cone said what? Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 35Knucklecurve View Post
    The play-by-play guy for the Nats uses "serious jammage". I cringe every time.
    Bob Carpenter, he uses it WAY too much.

  25. #725
    NYYF Legend

    35Knucklecurve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Maryland branches, Pennsylvania roots

    Re: The David Cone said what? Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MoVaughnEatsAlot View Post
    Bob Carpenter, he uses it WAY too much.
    Yeah - now that they have a decent team, it seems to get on my nerves even more. I actually wish they'd find someone else. He wouldn't stand a chance with Coney.
    September 28, 2008 - the day the HOF got a wake-up Moose call.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts