+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: The 2008-09 New Jersey Nets Thread: YES we can

Krstic is off to Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny
    Krstic is off to Russia.
    http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/200...urope_wit.html

The 25-year-old big man is expected to sign a two-year deal with a team in Moscow worth roughly $10 million, he confirmed in an interview this morning with the Serbian-language website Mondo.

The Nets now don't have to worry about another center-starved NBA team giving him an offer sheet they could be forced to match, they will still retain his rights, and - at a time when they'll be preoccupied with developing the likes of Yi Jianlian and Brook Lopez - Krstic can use the next year or two to get back to the level he played at in 2006-07, before he tore his knee ligament.

"Considering we're losing a starting-quality player, it's not necessarily bad, put it that way," one high-level Nets official said. "He's an awfully good player, but he has to get his confidence back, so maybe it's a good thing."

In other words, the Nets will watch him closely for the next year or two, take him back when he is ready or allow him to increase his trade value in the interim. And if Krstic doesn't regain what he once had before December 2007 -- when a torn ACL detoured his quest of becoming one of the most promising young big men in the league -- they don't lose a penny.
    New York Yankees: 27 Time World Series Champions!

Good debut by Chairman Yi tonight.

I tuned in during the intermission for the Devil game and saw the final minutes. Nice to see the Nets pick up a win to start the year.
    New York Yankees: 27 Time World Series Champions!

If anyone is looking for a good Nets' message board, nets247.com is very good.

NYYF Legend

Helluva end to that game after switching over from the Knicks. Just off of Devon Harris' finger tips with 0.1 left.

NYYF Legend

I was following on ESPN.com...sounds like a hell of an end.

NYYF Legend

that could be the shot of the year. he didn't even have possession of the ball with like 0.2 seconds to go, yet hit a halfcourt shot (and it was a game-winner)

NYYF Legend

That's one of the most amazing endings I've seen to an NBA game, ever. I was actually watching it with the sound muted because I was listening to music at the same time. But when I saw that shot go in, I literally jumped up out of my chair and grabbed the remote to rewind it so that I could see it with the sound on. I was so glad when the referees signaled that the shot would count.

On ESPN I saw that the 76ers players were saying that the shot shouldn't have counted. But I guess that's a natural reaction for a losing team. The officials got the call 100% correct. The ball was clearly out of Harris' hand before the red lights came on. It was close, but that's what replays are for.
    "They're going to send me back to Omaha, and I don't even live there." - Rube Baker

Just saw the shot i was like borat for a second WAHH WAHHH WEEE WAHHH

Oh my...

Thread Information