+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Re: Alan Horne hurt tonight 4/10

Quote Originally Posted by 74nole
    Thanks, guys--

Alan's flight to Tampa was uneventful. Yesterday all they did was ask some questions and ice the arm down. He goes back today--probably for the same treatment, but I have not talked to him yet, today. I would anticipate Monday the medical staff looking at the pictures that have been taken up in Scranton, a hands-on exam, and then more of an idea about a re-hab plan to follow. I'll be the first to say--that's speculation on my part--again, I'll try to keep ya'll up to speed as I get information.
    Thanks for keeping us updated Mr. Horne. Best of luck and wishes for Alan's speedy recovery.

NYYF Legend

Thanks, as always, for your information Mr. Horne. You know we all hope the best for your son .
    UM now, UM always
    #21 - We will never forget you.
    Let's Go Yankees!

NYYF HOF

Thanks, guys--

Alan's flight to Tampa was uneventful. Yesterday all they did was ask some questions and ice the arm down. He goes back today--probably for the same treatment, but I have not talked to him yet, today. I would anticipate Monday the medical staff looking at the pictures that have been taken up in Scranton, a hands-on exam, and then more of an idea about a re-hab plan to follow. I'll be the first to say--that's speculation on my part--again, I'll try to keep ya'll up to speed as I get information.
    Thanks for the update H senior. I guess its as good of news as one could get concerning an injury. I know I for one let out a big "whoosh" when I heard it wasn't real serious.

Good luck to you both Big H, and stay cool.
    We have enough youth.
    How about a fountain of "smart"?

Addicted Member

News from Tampa--looks like they will probably shut Alan down for 7 to 10 days to heal and then start back throwing--it's not alot, but it's what I've got today.

NYYF Legend

News from Tampa--looks like they will probably shut Alan down for 7 to 10 days to heal and then start back throwing--it's not alot, but it's what I've got today.
    That is actually encouraging. This sounds like he Yankee medical brass feels that the damage does not require any medical intervention, and can heal on it's own.

The flip side is that if he still experiences pain after 1 week or 2, then what??

Here's hoping and praying for the best.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by mbn007
    The flip side is that if he still experiences pain after 1 week or 2, then what??
    More time off. It's as simple as that. It's muscle that is causing the problem. It'll mend itself over time, it just needs that time.

Addicted Member

We're headed down to Tampa today to see Alan. I'll try to update ya'll with what's going on with his re-hab as soon as I can.

Sweet thanks Mr. Horne.

NYYF Legend

We're headed down to Tampa today to see Alan. I'll try to update ya'll with what's going on with his re-hab as soon as I can.
    Thanks for all of the updates, Mr. Horne, as always.
    UM now, UM always
    Let's Go Yankees!

Quote Originally Posted by keg411
    Thanks for all of the updates, Mr. Horne, as always.
    Ditto, Mr Horne - thanks

It's a good sign that the Yankees haven't promoted any of their AA starters to take Alan's spot. Sounds like there's a feeling it's a short-term setback

I'd expect that Alan would do at least one rehab start in Tampa before returning to the Thunder rotation.

Addicted Member

Alan's re-hab is going about as expected at this point in time. They're doing therapy treatments daily to the biceps, having him do shoulder, lower body, and cardio-workouts daily.

Don't know for sure, it's a possibility for him to throw Monday. You know, the doctors and head trainers are all off on the week-end....I assume they will evaluate everything Monday morning but we will be back on the road then and talk with Alan by phone later in the day. Keeping our fingers crossed that everything is healing in a timely fashion so that everything else falls into place as preferred. In Alan's words, "we'll see".

My History. Your Tradition. JDPNYY's Avatar

Alan's re-hab is going about as expected at this point in time. They're doing therapy treatments daily to the biceps, having him do shoulder, lower body, and cardio-workouts daily.

Don't know for sure, it's a possibility for him to throw Monday. You know, the doctors and head trainers are all off on the week-end....I assume they will evaluate everything Monday morning but we will be back on the road then and talk with Alan by phone later in the day. Keeping our fingers crossed that everything is healing in a timely fashion so that everything else falls into place as preferred. In Alan's words, "we'll see".
    Tell him to get well soon. We need him up with the big club.

Best wishes and thanks for the updates.
    Complaining is a choice

there's levels to this! ARoDfan4life's Avatar

thanks Mr.Horne, and here's hoping for speedy recovery for your son.
    "I wish the Yankees had a GM"

Keep his spirits up Mr H. and best of luck

The way things are shaping up, Alan may have a spot in the big league rotation by mid-season, if all goes well with his recovery.

Addicted Member

Talked with Alan today. He said that they were going to hold him off from throwing a few more days. This really falls in line with what I've seen from the Yankees in the past with regards to pitcher's re-hab. Obviously, they'd rather err on the side of caution. I'd certainly rather see that over jumping the gun to start back, have some sort of relapse, and lose the time you've already spent getting well. Still looking for everything to stay positive.

Nardi Contreas had a similar quote to Chad Jennings today in CJ's blog.
    link: http://emedia.thetimes-tribune,com/B...2/Default.aspx

Devoted Member

Thanks Mr Horne all of us really appreciate it

NYYF Legend

Thanks for the information, Mr. Horne. Better safe than sorry -- the Yankees clearly think a lot of Alan and don't want him re-injuring himself. Look forward to him pitching again in the next few weeks or so.
    UM now, UM always
    Let's Go Yankees!

Thanks for keeping us updated, Mr. Horne. Hopefully, Alan's rehab is going well. IMO, it won't be long until Alan makes his big league debut with the Yanks. Bet you can't wait for that day.
    [B]32 - Cito Culver, SS, New York HS
    82- Angelo Gumbs, CF, California HS
    112- Rob Segedin, 3B, Tulane[/B]
    [B] 145- Mason Williams, OF, Florida HS
    175- Thomas Kahnle, RHP, Lynn University
    [/B]

Addicted Member

Talked with Alan today. Looks like right now they plan on him throwing at 60' on Friday and seeing what kind of reaction his arm gives them to work with. Not alot, but that's the lastest.

NYYF Legend

thanks for that

good to see that he's well enough to even throw
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Thanks for the update

Addicted Member

Talked with Alan today. He threw the planned work-out at 60' and said everything went well. He said his arm was strong and felt good but he was going to have to be careful getting the biceps stretched back out and up to speed--he was definately encouraged I think as to how his day went.

Released Outright CallOfTheCrow's Avatar

Sounds good. Thanks for the update, Mr. Horne.

Good news Mr. Horne. Slow and steady is the best course of action.
    Cashman told Accorsi, [B]I feel the responsibility of millions of Yankee fans on my shoulders, fans who take this very seriously and for which every game is very important. I think of that every day[/B].

Thread Information