+ Reply to Thread
    NYYF Triple Crown

Who did you root for in the '86 series Mets/Red Sox

I must admit I hate the bosox with all my heart but I did root for them in the'86 series because I really, really hate the Mets.Once again the blosox choked and the rest is history. As a Yankee fan, I was curious to know what team other Yankee fans rooted for.

NYYF Legend

It's like rooting for pancreatic cancer over stomach cancer.

Eventually, I was going to sort of prefer the Mets over the BlowSux. But then the Mutts started mocking the Yankees, Wally the redneck Backman actually wore a Yankee t-shirt on the back page of the Post. Plus Mutt fans became especialy obnoxious. So I then slightly prefered the BlowSux - they choked, of course.

NYYF Cy Young

I rooted for the Mets because I absolutely cannot stand the Red Sox. Although as Slippery said, it is like deciding between two evils.

Wait a minute. There was a world series in 1986? Why wasn't I told about this. I thought that it was called off due to lack of interest.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar
    The Mets. I know more Red Sox fans and I find them more annoying than Met fans.

Addicted Member

I cheered for the first time in my life for the Redsox. I did not want to see the Mets win the world series. That was the biggest torture of my life. I almost cried when I saw the Mets celebrating that WS win.

I hate the Redsox with devotion but THANK GOD, I don't live in the same city with their fans......unfortunately I DO have to share a city with Mutts fans and I have to listen to their nonsense and cockiness day AFTER DAY

I have stories about everything I went through as a result of the Mets winning that world series. I NEVER want to see the Mets win a world series again in their LIVES--- EVER!!!!!!! &po'd& &po'd& &po'd&
    Last edited by Dynasty2000; 07-09-01 at 11:30 AM.

No one. I was only one year old.

NYYF Legend

The Mets and the curse lives on. 1918 and counting.
    If you understand,
    things are just as they are;
    If you do not understand,
    things are just as they are.
    Zen proverb

Calendar of Updates
    www.calendarofupdates.com

NYYF MVP

Mt. Vernon, NY/ proudly born in the Bronx
    I rooted for the Red Sox. I could NEVER root for the Mets. NEVER!!!!!!!

When Boston blew that game 6, I was sick........I think the Red Sox relief pitcher who screwed up in the 9th was Calvin Schiraldi, a former Met. What a gutless pussy..............

I rooted for natural disaster.

Seriously, I'd rather the Mets win twenty in a row than the sox win one

I rooted for the Red Sox, of course. As far as I'm concerned, all that "Boston Sucks" crap is old school. Curse of the Bambino: Please ! So what if Boston fans are still stupid enough to believe in it!
    Bern Baby Bern

[URL="http://blog.myspace.com/bern_bern_bern"][/URL]

Originally posted by Bern Baby Be
    I rooted for the Red Sox, of course. As far as I'm concerned, all that "Boston Sucks" crap is old school.

I am Old School

I didn't root for either one. I had no interest in the series that year.

Rooted for the Mets without shame or qualification. I was still young and impressionable, but I really began to hate them when they started chanting DARRY DARRYL DARRYL.
    "He knew, as he went after that ball, that he had a decision to make," said Tony Clark, who watched the play unfold from first base. "Either you let the ball drop and try to minimize the damage, or you make the catch and pay the consequences. He knew that, no doubt about it, and he chose B."

Addicted Member

rooted for the mets with all my heart. just like i will be doing this entire weekend. any time boston loses, it warms my heart. and for them to lose a world series - well, hell, it might as well been deemed a national holiday in my opinion

I rooted for no one that year...but I sure as hell did not want the Dead Sox to win it.

Attached Images

I've hear that alot of Mets fans, having given up on their season, will be rooting for the Red Sox this weekend just because they want the Yankees to lose the division. They are actually cheering against the Mets and want the Mets to practically throw the games so that the Red Sox can take the division. As one of poster said 'how can we live with ourselves if the Yankees win the division by one game?'
    "He knew, as he went after that ball, that he had a decision to make," said Tony Clark, who watched the play unfold from first base. "Either you let the ball drop and try to minimize the damage, or you make the catch and pay the consequences. He knew that, no doubt about it, and he chose B."

Thread Information