+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 104 FirstFirst ... 38 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 58 98 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 2579
    NYYF MVP

Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

Justin Maxwell with a pinch hit two run HR for the Astros.

ohoho
    always reasonable

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NYCrusader View Post
    Justin Maxwell with a pinch hit two run HR for the Astros.
    his great spring is carrying into the regular season, though on our roster as the 4th OF or right handed DH he wouldnt have gotten much playing time
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

NYYF Legend

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...nny-damon.html

Damon no longer available, folks

I find the opt out clause "a certain number of days after Grady Sizemore returns" odd. I know opt outs on minor league deals are quite common but I don't recall too many (if any) in season MLB opt out clauses.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...nny-damon.html

Damon no longer available, folks

I find the opt out clause "a certain number of days after Grady Sizemore returns" odd. I know opt outs on minor league deals are quite common but I don't recall too many (if any) in season MLB opt out clauses.
    It's Boras' ridiculousness. Damon must really want the chance to go for 3,000 hits, or Boras sees the chance for him to get hot and auction himself off, or both. The Indians probably don't mind because they can stand to lose him when Sizemore gets back
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

NYYF Legend

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2012/04/1...in-new-places/
    A.J. Burnett has since made two rehab starts in the low minors, and the results have been predictably inconsistent. His first start lasted 4.2 innings with one run and five strikeouts. His second start — which came on Wednesday — lasted just 1.2 innings, with Burnett allowing eight runs (five earned) against Florida State League hitters.
    I'm glad to hear that he's well enough to be pitching again, but

The Melkman is delivering.

Colon:

7 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Colon:

7 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
    funny how the schedule is going, this is the 3rd time he faced King Felix
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

Another Jesus Homer , Ill miss watching him in Pinstripes, having him in my AL Keeper is gonna be amazing this year

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by BronxBombers42 View Post
    Another Jesus Homer , Ill miss watching him in Pinstripes, having him in my AL Keeper is gonna be amazing this year
    Pineda needs to start pitching soon. Every Montero homerun is only going to make this trade harder to accept for the Yankee fans.

Quote Originally Posted by LIYanks View Post
    Pineda needs to start pitching soon. Every Montero homerun is only going to make this trade harder to accept for the Yankee fans.
    Only certain ones as this deal was made for long-term results.

Another? That was his first. I'm more PO'ed that Noesi is having a great start while Hughes is completely useless.

Another? That was his first. I'm more PO'ed that Noesi is having a great start while Hughes is completely useless.
    Noesi isn't exactly facing a major league lineup tonight and was awful his last time out against one.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Yankees1962 View Post
    Only certain ones as this deal was made for long-term results.
    C'mon, every Yankee fan would be upset if Montero turns out to be Cabrera II and Pineda fizzles out like Hughes.

BTW, nobody said Montero was a sure thing.

No First of the Regular Season sorry, ive been following him since the start of Spring Traning.

And I agree to the premise of the deal that young pitching is more valuable than young hitting and with Pineda having a established season in the majors already at the time of the trade on paper this was a favorable move long term for the ball club.

But with Montero, I just felt regardless of position availability in the coming years with the DH Spot, that his defensive shortcommings at catcher were far overcome by his ability to flat out just hit the ball. Especially with being able to see the benefits on a day to day basis for the better part of a decade what having a catcher with a bat like Posada can add to your lineup.

Im from Vancouver and at the Trade deadline the Vancouver Canucks made a similar trade with the Buffalo Sabers where the the two clubs swapped their two top prospects along with a second tier prospect each, the center piece of the deal was Cody Hodgson former CHL Player of the Year in 2005 (Equiviliant of Triple AAA in relevance of Major>Junior) for the Canucks and Zach Kassian for the Sabers. Kassian brought a more defensive minded tough aproach to the game while Hodgson was a finesse skill player. I feel like the Yankees the Canucks lost track of the intangibles that go along with a player and looked at the transaction on paper. Now there are rumors that Hodgson had asked for a trade privately but no offical report was ever released.

The deal included two second tier defensive prospects being dealt, both were more change of scenery throw ins rather that will stock the farm depth as both organizations were looking to to go a different direction with both players(Sulzer {Vancouver}, Gargani{Buffalo}).

With Pineda coming into Camp this year overweight while Monetro showed up in supered shape just goes to further my doubt. Im not doubting the trade, im sure Cashman and his team did their homework, I just feel from a personal standpoint both clubs(Vancouver, NYY) lost perspective with each respective players espec with having them in the organization for as long as they both did. I think Pienda will be fine, but in a deal I think both teams will be happy with I think Seattle fans will smile a little bigger.

Now he's heating up

10 Points in Fantasy today ^ _ ^, correction Im similing the biggest

NYYF Triple Crown

No First of the Regular Season sorry, ive been following him since the start of Spring Traning.

And I agree to the premise of the deal that young pitching is more valuable than young hitting and with Pineda having a established season in the majors already at the time of the trade on paper this was a favorable move long term for the ball club.

But with Montero, I just felt regardless of position availability in the coming years with the DH Spot, that his defensive shortcommings at catcher were far overcome by his ability to flat out just hit the ball. Especially with being able to see the benefits on a day to day basis for the better part of a decade what having a catcher with a bat like Posada can add to your lineup.

Im from Vancouver and at the Trade deadline the Vancouver Canucks made a similar trade with the Buffalo Sabers where the the two clubs swapped their two top prospects along with a second tier prospect each, the center piece of the deal was Cody Hodgson former CHL Player of the Year in 2005 (Equiviliant of Triple AAA in relevance of Major>Junior) for the Canucks and Zach Kassian for the Sabers. Kassian brought a more defensive minded tough aproach to the game while Hodgson was a finesse skill player. I feel like the Yankees the Canucks lost track of the intangibles that go along with a player and looked at the transaction on paper. Now there are rumors that Hodgson had asked for a trade privately but no offical report was ever released.

The deal included two second tier defensive prospects being dealt, both were more change of scenery throw ins rather that will stock the farm depth as both organizations were looking to to go a different direction with both players(Sulzer {Vancouver}, Gargani{Buffalo}).

With Pineda coming into Camp this year overweight while Monetro showed up in supered shape just goes to further my doubt. Im not doubting the trade, im sure Cashman and his team did their homework, I just feel from a personal standpoint both clubs(Vancouver, NYY) lost perspective with each respective players espec with having them in the organization for as long as they both did. I think Pienda will be fine, but in a deal I think both teams will be happy with I think Seattle fans will smile a little bigger.
    As a Sabres fan, I love those transactions.

im sure you do >>

NYYF Triple Crown

Now he's heating up
    But but we got too much offense.

Regardless of how Pineda turns out, I am always going to miss watching Montero in pinstripes.

NYYF Legend

Rather than dig up the old Leyritz thread, I thought I'd just put it here:
    http://riveraveblues.com/2012/04/jim...ontract-66888/
    Via Mark Feinsand, former catcher Jim Leyritz is back with the Yankees on a personal services contract. It’s unclear what he’ll be doing, but he and David Cone were greeting fans at the suite level prior to yesterday’s game. Leyritz has had his fair share of trouble with the law, but the Yankees are always giving guys second and third and fourth chances.

Larry Walker's Fanclub Rocketman's Avatar

From Seattle:

Former Yankee Hector Noesi with 8 shutout innings tonight against the hapless A's, while former Yankee Jesus Montero jacks a home run to complement a two RBI double.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Eldee5 View Post
    Rather than dig up the old Leyritz thread, I thought I'd just put it here:
    http://riveraveblues.com/2012/04/jim...ontract-66888/

Isn't he in jail. Great message to send by hiring a murderer.

I hated the Montero trade from day 1. Cashman is destined to trade every hitting prospect no matter how highly touted they or how well the perform at the major league level. Pineda's 2nd half last season should have been enough of a warning sign to not make this trade. We have enough young pitching. We don't have any major league ready young hitters besides Nunez.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Isn't he in jail. Great message to send by hiring a murderer.

I hated the Montero trade from day 1. Cashman is destined to trade every hitting prospect no matter how highly touted they or how well the perform at the major league level. Pineda's 2nd half last season should have been enough of a warning sign to not make this trade. We have enough young pitching. We don't have any major league ready young hitters besides Nunez.
    looks like the Cashman strategy is to build/trade young starting pitching and buy our bats

Thread Information