+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 97 FirstFirst ... 39 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 2401
    NYYF Triple Crown

Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    I hated the Montero trade from day 1. Cashman is destined to trade every hitting prospect no matter how highly touted they or how well the perform at the major league level. Pineda's 2nd half last season should have been enough of a warning sign to not make this trade. We have enough young pitching. We don't have any major league ready young hitters besides Nunez.
    If we hadn't made the trade then maybe Noesi would be our long reliever and we wouldn't have gotten to see Phelps in MLB yet.

NYYF Triple Crown

Shelley Duncan is 13th in MLB on OPS and tied for 5th in walks.

Ian Kennedy's fastball ranked the highest in all of baseball last year, according to the Fangraphs pitch value tool (FWIW).

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    If we hadn't made the trade then maybe Noesi would be our long reliever and we wouldn't have gotten to see Phelps in MLB yet.

Maybe but Cashman was on record ins saying that he wanted Noesi stretched out to start this year so he would be in AAA right now.

Quote Originally Posted by jcarey View Post
    Ian Kennedy's fastball ranked the highest in all of baseball last year, according to the Fangraphs pitch value tool (FWIW).
    Wasn't Doug Fister's fastball at one point rated the best pitch in baseball on Fangraphs?
    40 pitchers, ever, have an ERA+ of 130 or higher for their career. 15 have 140 or higher. 3 guys have 150 or higher - one is right at 150, the second place guy is at 154, and Mariano Rivera is at 205.

Please, call me YFiB Yankee Fan in Boston's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Donnybaseball72 View Post
    Maybe but Cashman was on record ins saying that he wanted Noesi stretched out to start this year so he would be in AAA right now.
    Of course, in retrospect, Cashman may have been trying to position Noesi as a trade chip. Wouldn't be the first time he tried to do something like that
    "Welcome to NYYFans, the place where Yankees fans come together to complain about the manner in which our team is winning games" -- Mr. Coffee

NYYF Triple Crown

Cincinnati put Miguel Cairo on the disabled list.

Devoted Member

Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ View Post
    Cincinnati put Miguel Cairo on the disabled list.
    I'm always happy to see he is still playing whenever his name is mentioned. Outside of 2005(?) he's been the definition of mediocrity, but I always liked him.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by rpbri2886 View Post
    I'm always happy to see he is still playing whenever his name is mentioned. Outside of 2005(?) he's been the definition of mediocrity, but I always liked him.
    2004 was when he was with us. Cashman went with Womack for 1 month int0 2005 until Cano took over.

NYYF Legend

Melancon's getting killed tonight - came in to face six batters, all scored and three hit HRs. I'm not sure I'm doing the math correctly, but I think his ERA is now 49.50. Even considering the team he plays for, I can't say I'm happy he's pitching so poorly, I always liked him.

Quote Originally Posted by nhyankeefan View Post
    Melancon's getting killed tonight - came in to face six batters, all scored and three hit HRs. I'm not sure I'm doing the math correctly, but I think his ERA is now 49.50. Even considering the team he plays for, I can't say I'm happy he's pitching so poorly, I always liked him.
    I'm the opposite. I hope Aceves gets hit that hard next time out.

Quote Originally Posted by nhyankeefan View Post
    I thought he would get lit up in the AL. His stuff with shaky command and a straight fastball don't translate well in this league.

NYYF Legend

I expect the Sox will have no choice but to send him to AAA.

Mark Melancon achieved a dubious sort of Red Sox and major league history. He was shelled for six runs without retiring a batter, giving up three home runs, including back-to-back home runs (one an absolute moonshot by Josh Hamilton to right, another a blast to dead center by Adrian Beltre). He tied a major league record (at least dating to 1918) by allowing three homers without recording an out. In just two innings this year spanning four appearances, Melancon has allowed five home runs, matching his total yield in 74 1/3 innings in the entire 2011 season with the Astros.

Melancon has been scored upon in all four of his outings, making him the first Red Sox pitcher ever to give up runs in four consecutive appearances of one inning or less to start his Red Sox career. The six runs he allowed without recording an out are also tied for the most by a Red Sox pitcher since at least 1918.

Melancon’s struggles have been sufficiently extraordinary (of the 18 batters he’s faced this year, he’s retired six) that despite the incredibly early stage of the season, the Red Sox may be in a position where — assuming that he is not injured and in need of a trip to the disabled list — they have to consider extraordinary measures, chiefly, whether to option Melancon to the minors.
    http://waswatching.com/

NYYF Legend

D-backs improve their teams chances in the standing high jump event by recalling Cody Ransom from AAA.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Quote Originally Posted by BRNXBMRS View Post
    Is the name "was watching" based on Phil Rizzuto's "wasn't watching" notation on his scorecard?

EDIT: Sure looks like it from the web site banner.
    "Baseball is about hope, not confidence." -- rajah

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BRNXBMRS View Post
    What is so extraordinary about sending a struggling player to the minors? That's what options are for.

Brien "The Incident" just-blaze's Avatar

Colon is up to his old tricks, I see.
    Fistpumping like a champion.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by just-blaze View Post
    Colon is up to his old tricks, I see.
    38 consecutive strikes thrown
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

NYYF Legend

Melky with a walk off SF Giants win in the 10th
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BronxYanks45 View Post
    38 consecutive strikes thrown
    I don't know what is more impressive that he threw 38 consecutive or the that old "record" as far back as they checked was Tim Wakefield with 30
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Noesi getting shelled by the White Sox
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    But Jesus Montero homered and threw out an attempted basestealer in his fourth start at catcher in the past nine games.

Quote Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
    But Jesus Montero homered and threw out an attempted basestealer in his fourth start at catcher in the past nine games.
    Yep, I think he's got that OBP up to .280 now
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    In his second start he allowed no runs and threw 13.1 pitches per inning. In his first and third starts combined he had a 27.00 ERA and 33.0 pitches per inning.

Edit: Earlier this week Jeff Karstens, Kerry Wood, and Lance Berkman went on the disabled list and Jose Contreras was activated from the disabled list.

Thread Information