+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 83 FirstFirst ... 27 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 47 ... LastLast
    NYYF MVP

Re: The Former Yankee Performance Thread v4.0

Quote Originally Posted by BronxYanks45 View Post
    again, I thought he was a good pitcher as well but realisitcally would he be able to do that in the AL East.
    I agree, he probably would not be able to but then again look who he's faced the last few games: at LA, at SF, 2x vsColorado, Cubs, Phillies, 2x vs Cinci
    He's faced arguably the top teams in the NL and not strictly the NL west. Of course it's a very different ball game in the AL especially in the East but he's playing well against the competition handed to him.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Tripper View Post
    Also at the time of the Clippard trade he was seen as back of the rotation type and not a bullpen guy. Ablaladejo was a hard throwing righty that filled an immediate pen need.

Did it ever occur to Cashman to convert him to the bullpen? This short sighted thinking lead to a great setup man, younger, better and cheaper than Soriano, get away.

I don't even remember Axford pitching in the farm and don't think he is anything special.

NYYF Triple Crown

Jason Giambi hit three home runs against the Phillies tonight.
    "Never, never, never quit."-Winston Churchill.

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeesfan924 View Post
    Jason Giambi hit three home runs against the Phillies tonight.
    Probably just a bad pic, but I feel older just from looking at it. http://espn.go.com/mlb/

NYYF Legend

He has put on a lot of weight since he left here

NYYF Legend

not sure if this qualifies but Millwood signs with the Red Sox

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/0...-millwood.html
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

NYYF Cy Young

San Francisco called up Chris Stewart to replace the injured Buster Posey. Stewart went 0-for-3 in his only game with the Yankees on April 28, 2008. Stewart pinch-ran yesterday but hasn't had an MLB at-bat since he left the Yankees.

power LHP Mike Dunn

21.2IP 8H 13BB 28K
    2.49ERA, 0.97WHIP, .114BAA

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jax Teller View Post
    power LHP Mike Dunn

21.2IP 8H 13BB 28K
    2.49ERA, 0.97WHIP, .114BAA
    More salt in the wound of the Javy Vasquez trade.

Juan Miranda homered twice
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Juan Miranda homered twice
    Glad he was able to stick on a team finally, he really was just insurance for us
    The real reason why the Yankees keep winning is cause the other team can't stop staring at the damn pinstripes

Every single half-decent pitching prospect we've traded since and including Tyler Clippard seems to have panned out. It's really something. Even a guy like Ross Ohlendorf managed to become a #3 starter for the Pirates, and Daniel McCutchen is now a shutdown reliever for them. It'll be interesting to see if Coke continues to be an above average starter for the Tigers, if Melancon maintains his role as Houston's closer, if IPK can continue to solidify his position as Arizona's ace... it's too bad we undersold practically all of these guys. Arodys will be the one to regret the most, though, if he reaches his potential. I also hope to see McAllister called up this season, he seems to have righted the ship.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesyhoboe View Post
    Every single half-decent pitching prospect we've traded since and including Tyler Clippard seems to have panned out. It's really something. Even a guy like Ross Ohlendorf managed to become a #3 starter for the Pirates, and Daniel McCutchen is now a shutdown reliever for them. It'll be interesting to see if Coke continues to be an above average starter for the Tigers, if Melancon maintains his role as Houston's closer, if IPK can continue to solidify his position as Arizona's ace... it's too bad we undersold practically all of these guys. Arodys will be the one to regret the most, though, if he reaches his potential. I also hope to see McAllister called up this season, he seems to have righted the ship.
    But they weren't top prospects! They were blocked and would have never made it as a Yankee! We have to trade these b-level prospects! The Yankees can't wait for these prospects to develop at the major league level

That's the same sorry excuse I hear on this board whenever these traded guys do pan out and it's really starting the sound lame.

Don't call it a comeback False1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesyhoboe View Post
    Ohlendorf? He has a 97 ERA+ since the trade. I'm not getting worked up about 20 very good IP for McCutchen (and his .238 babip and 4.6 K/9). Coke and IPK brought us Granderson. I would like to have Melancon back, and I never understood the Clippard trade.

Two former Yanks in the WSox Bullpen

The White Sox announced that they designated infielder Dallas McPherson for assignment. In related moves, Chicago optioned Lucas Harrell to Triple-A and called up right-handers Brian Bruney and Jeff Marquez.

Quote Originally Posted by False1 View Post
    Ohlendorf? He has a 97 ERA+ since the trade. I'm not getting worked up about 20 very good IP for McCutchen (and his .238 babip and 4.6 K/9). Coke and IPK brought us Granderson. I would like to have Melancon back, and I never understood the Clippard trade.
    Ohlendorf just got placed on the Pirates 60 day DL.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DaSh 1s View Post
    Two former Yanks in the WSox Bullpen

The White Sox announced that they designated infielder Dallas McPherson for assignment. In related moves, Chicago optioned Lucas Harrell to Triple-A and called up right-handers Brian Bruney and Jeff Marquez.
    awesome, totally forgot about Bruney

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by DaSh 1s View Post
    ... Jeff Marquez.
    Glad to see he's all the way back from injury. I guess now the WSox can see if they get any return on the Swisher trade.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

Jose Veras just issued his fourth walk of the eighth inning, allowing the Mets to go ahead 9-7.

Earlier the Pirates were up 7-0. Apparently this will be the second time the Mets have bailed out Pelfrey from a 7-0 deficit.
    Stop Bunting.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Dave B View Post
    Jose Veras just issued his fourth walk of the eighth inning, allowing the Mets to go ahead 9-7.

Earlier the Pirates were up 7-0. Apparently this will be the second time the Mets have bailed out Pelfrey from a 7-0 deficit.
    One of the oddest ABs I've ever seen was this inning

Capuano pinch hit for Isringhausen - after failing to get the bunt down and falling behind 0-2 Capuano was pinch hit for by Thole. Veras balked the guy the 2nd, threw a wild picth to get him to 3rd and procedded to walk Thole.

The inning kind of went downhill from there for Veras.
    Baseball is life;
    the rest is just details.

This is a stretch I realize, but onetime farmhand Wily Mo Pena gets the call-up in Arizona.

Jeff Karstens

78IP 70H 14BB 51K 2.54ERA 1.08WHIP .242BAA

NYYF Legend

Giambi's HR last night was, supposedly 440 feet. It was a bomb.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by roblyo33 View Post
    Giambi's HR last night was, supposedly 440 feet. It was a bomb.
    I miss him.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I need to be.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GiambiRocks View Post
    I miss him.
    Teixeira > Giambi.

I wish Giambi well but there's no question in my mind that the team is better with Tex at first than it ever was with Giambi there. YMMV

Thread Information