+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Re: Hank responds to Papelbon by calling him a mouse

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneTravis
    Redsox fans anti defamation league in 3...2...1...
    Keep counting.

I think it's hilarious.
    Watch this space for a pithy new signature, now under construction!

Quote Originally Posted by Retire21
    Papelbon fits in nicely with the low class fraternity of Beckett, Schilling, Pedro. You admire his talent, but his juvenile antics (John Rocker, Jr., anyone?) place him in the gutter for me.
    Comparing Papelbon to Rocker is utterly ridiculous.

Also if they're low class, honestly, so are the Yankees now, so long as Hank keeps playing this game and Yankee fans cheer him on in it -- and that's fine, but we can't pretend to be 'better' like we used to be either.

We're just like them.

Paul O'Neill Day: Do it Retire21's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sahara
    Comparing Papelbon to Rocker is utterly ridiculous.
    I was referring more to their antics on the mound than things said off it. I stand by the remarks- Papelbon reminds me of Rocker when he's on the mind with all of his tough guy antics.

We're just like them.
    Maybe to the general baseball fan who doesn't follow this stuff as closely. But to say we're just like them I think is utterly ridiculous and a slap in the face to Yankee players and their fans. If Yankee players behaved like some of the Red Sox players, I would be absolutely ashamed to be a Yankee fan. If the Yankees celebrated their Dynasty run by trashing a rival team/city, I would not be proud to be a Yankee fan.

I don't hate the Red Sox like some of you. I love the history of the game and can appreciate the Red Sox are in a period in their history not seen since 1914-1918. As someone who loves history, I think that's cool. My problem with the Red Sox is that it is difficult for me to be happy for their players or their fans, though I like people like Francona, Lowell, Wakefield, because guys like Beckett, Manny, Schilling, and Papelbon constantly run their mouths or disrespect the game with their play (see Manny). The Yankees have had their players who have been easy targets for fans of other teams (Knoblauch, Clemens, Leyritz, Sheffield, Brown, even Alex), but I think the Yankees are genuinely known around the league as classy and respectful, largely because of Jeter, Mo, Andy, Bernie, Jorge, and (take a breath, some of you) Joe Torre. To say we're just like them is inaccurate.
    2010 Yankees: Believe

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ppa79
    This is one time I don't mind Hank opening his mouth.
    Co-sign.
    David Ortiz tested positive for performance enhancing drugs in 2003.

More Hank:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3294998

Hank is on a roll............

Quote Originally Posted by Hank
    Ask Jerry Jones in Dallas, he'll tell you that. That's why they want to do business with us.
    Metallica. Screaming crowd. Jog to the mound. Game over. - Chad Jennings

Thanks for the memories Kate frostdude1's Avatar

I love Hank

Quote Originally Posted by frostdude1
    I love Hank
    Truth. He might come off as a pompous jackass, but I find it hilarious.

The guy is a complete Jackass that makes me cringe everytime he opens that rectum under his nose. What exactly has this Clown done to make him think he has the clout to talk endless nonsensical trash in MLB Falling into the Yankee's front office isn't an accomplishment, it's a gift! he should start acting accordingly and show the Game and more importantly the Yankees some respect. This isn't a reality T.V. show! grow up and shut up. Papelbon=1 W.S. Ring Hank= 0
    [IMG]http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m241/assedout/SBXLIICHAMPS.jpg[/IMG]

Thanks for the memories Kate frostdude1's Avatar

Can someone photoshop this mouse on papelbon's head for me

I was referring more to their antics on the mound than things said off it. I stand by the remarks- Papelbon reminds me of Rocker when he's on the mind with all of his tough guy antics.
    As opposed to say, Joba and his fist pumping and screaming?

The Yankees have had their players who have been easy targets for fans of other teams (Knoblauch, Clemens, Leyritz, Sheffield, Brown, even Alex), but I think the Yankees are genuinely known around the league as classy and respectful, largely because of Jeter, Mo, Andy, Bernie, Jorge, and (take a breath, some of you) Joe Torre. To say we're just like them is inaccurate.
    We used to be on another level than them. We had bad eggs, just like they did/do, but the overall image was above it.

So long as we have Hank going off continually like this and almost the entire fanbase applauds him, on top of how obsessed with now are with them in general, we're on their level.

And again, that's fine. Pretending otherwise just seems hypocritical though.

More Hank:

I chuckled at the Papelbon comments. Not as crazy about Hank's "subsidy" comments today. That was foolish. It's one thing to have a little trash talk with the Sox FO and to respond to the Rays FO's nonsense, but sweeping comments like that towards everyone not in NY or Boston? Use your head man.

As opposed to say, Joba and his fist pumping and screaming?
    So fist pumping=ridiculous tough guy act?

So long as we have Hank going off continually like this and almost the entire fanbase applauds him, on top of how obsessed with now are with them in general, we're on their level.

And again, that's fine. Pretending otherwise just seems hypocritical though.
    As this board demonstrates, I don't think almost the entire fanbase applauds Hank. I think most of what he has said is true, but that doesn't mean I like it or even applaud him.

I will agree that our ownership seems just as obsessed with BOS as they seem to be with us; the difference however, and maybe this was the point I was trying to make, is that our players seem to care less about Boston. Red Sox players, however, seem to have this Yankee inferiority complex where every time they do something well, it has to be thrown back at us. That is where to me, we have not sunk to their level and I am proud of the players for that.

Putting my name on the line Giuseppe Franco's Avatar

You're right. Our players aren't obsessed with the Red Sox. They're obsessed with the Rays. And as far as sinking to their level...well, someone should ask Reggie...

NYYF Legend

Just Hank being Hank.......

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

NYYF Legend

More Hank:

That wasn't really necessary. Playing the money card won't help him make friends.

But suprisingly, his comments to Pap made me laugh.

Hank Steinbrenner: Born on 3rd base and thinks he hit a triple.
    There is no "I" in "team" but there is a dismembered and mixed-up "me."

Maybe to the general baseball fan who doesn't follow this stuff as closely. But to say we're just like them I think is utterly ridiculous and a slap in the face to Yankee players and their fans. If Yankee players behaved like some of the Red Sox players, I would be absolutely ashamed to be a Yankee fan. If the Yankees celebrated their Dynasty run by trashing a rival team/city, I would not be proud to be a Yankee fan.

I don't hate the Red Sox like some of you. I love the history of the game and can appreciate the Red Sox are in a period in their history not seen since 1914-1918. As someone who loves history, I think that's cool. My problem with the Red Sox is that it is difficult for me to be happy for their players or their fans, though I like people like Francona, Lowell, Wakefield, because guys like Beckett, Manny, Schilling, and Papelbon constantly run their mouths or disrespect the game with their play (see Manny). The Yankees have had their players who have been easy targets for fans of other teams (Knoblauch, Clemens, Leyritz, Sheffield, Brown, even Alex), but I think the Yankees are genuinely known around the league as classy and respectful, largely because of Jeter, Mo, Andy, Bernie, Jorge, and (take a breath, some of you) Joe Torre. To say we're just like them is inaccurate.
    3-2-1..till we hear about the steroids...
    "I'm sorry Smokey, you were over the line, that's a foul....mark it zero Dude, next frame"

For Frostdude

NYYF Legend

Hilarious
    Auction League: Bitches Brew - 2006, 2007, 2008 Champs
    NYYFans.com League: Bad Apples - 2008 Champs

Jerry Papelbon.
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

He should start using Andy Kaufman's rendition of the Mighty Mouse theme song as his entrance music. "Heeeeere I come to SAVE the daaaaaay..." That would be cool. As would a year or two of stone silence from Hank Steinbrenner, come to think of it.
    "The only way you're gonna beat the Yankees is you're gonna outscore 'em."

BBTN's own Jeff Brantley

Quote Originally Posted by Mangycur
    He should start using Andy Kaufman's rendition of the Mighty Mouse theme song as his entrance music. "Heeeeere I come to SAVE the daaaaaay..." That would be cool. As would a year or two of stone silence from Hank Steinbrenner, come to think of it.
    That would, if fact, be the most awesome entrance tune in the history of Major League Baseball.
    Watch this space for a pithy new signature, now under construction!

Quote Originally Posted by Mangycur
    That's hilarious. Cue that when he comes in to save a game at Yankee Stadium. That would be too funny.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by The Straw
    The guy is a complete Jackass that makes me cringe everytime he opens that rectum under his nose. What exactly has this Clown done to make him think he has the clout to talk endless nonsensical trash in MLB Falling into the Yankee's front office isn't an accomplishment, it's a gift! he should start acting accordingly and show the Game and more importantly the Yankees some respect. This isn't a reality T.V. show! grow up and shut up. Papelbon=1 W.S. Ring Hank= 0
    Thanks for posting Mr. Papelbon. We value your input.
    Listen to the bell Grossbard, it tolls for thee.

Thread Information