8. Charlyn Garcia
    9. Jacinto Gonell
    10. Richard Martinez
    11. arodys
    12. jose ramirez
    12. Manuel Banuelos,
    14. Felipe Gonzalez
    15.Angel Mundo
    I'm NO american born confused desi, but i love my yanks!

Re: 2008 Dsl Thread

IYF, That list will be very different in a day or two since a few of those guys will be in the states this year including Arodys and most likely R. Martinez, C. Garcia, F. Rondon, A. Atacho and possibly others. BTW, P. Hernandez had surgery and is out for the year. Thats why I chose to wait until the rosters are released in a couple of days.
    Cashman told Accorsi, [B]I feel the responsibility of millions of Yankee fans on my shoulders, fans who take this very seriously and for which every game is very important. I think of that every day[/B].

Quote Originally Posted by NY_GOLDENARMS
    IYF, That list will be very different in a day or two since a few of those guys will be in the states this year including Arodys and most likely R. Martinez, C. Garcia, F. Rondon, A. Atacho and possibly others. BTW, P. Hernandez had surgery and is out for the year. Thats why I chose to wait until the rosters are released in a couple of days.
    cool will update my pitching thread.

hernandez had surgery? what surgery?

my god everyone's dropping like flies!

oh and the guys who will be in states, will they be in the GCL? and as starters/relievers?

Quote Originally Posted by indianyanksfan
    hernandez had surgery? what surgery?
    Elbow or shoulder, can't remember but I'm resigned to the fact that he is no longer a prospect in my book.

oh and the guys who will be in states, will they be in the GCL? and as starters/relievers?
    Thats impossible for me to answer or anyone else who is not involved in the decision making process at this time.
    Cashman told Accorsi, [B]I feel the responsibility of millions of Yankee fans on my shoulders, fans who take this very seriously and for which every game is very important. I think of that every day[/B].

Elbow or shoulder, can't remember but I'm resigned to the fact that he is no longer a prospect in my book.

Thats impossible for me to answer or anyone else who is not involved in the decision making process at this time.

fair enough regarding my starter vs reliever question.

really pablo's not a prospect anymore? he's a young kid with a great arm. guess it's a devastating injury.

should i remove him from my pitching list?

really pablo's not a prospect anymore? he's a young kid with a great arm. guess it's a devastating injury.

should i remove him from my pitching list?
    Well, Pablo was signed about 3/4 yrs ago, the problem is he has been consistently hurt every year so he is not that young any more and yes I would remove him from any prospect list.

Well, Pablo was signed about 3/4 yrs ago, the problem is he has been consistently hurt every year so he is not that young any more and yes I would remove him from any prospect list.
    too bad.

great that we have such pitching depth that something like this doesnt affect it much.

andres santos is gonna be in the dsl to start his rehab correct? that's another name that should be followed.

I think ARodys is gonna be in the GCL.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzah!
    I think ARodys is gonna be in the GCL.
    cool beans. seems like a lot of the pitchers in my list are gonna be on states' side soon enough.

ther'es a bunch of very high end talent there in the dsl.

any word on where andres santos is gonna be?

the three mexican kids besides aceves may be in the DSL. cant wait to see their progress

Manuel Banuelos,
    Felipe Gonzalez
    Angel Mundo

I think Manny Banuelos will also be in the GCL.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzah!
    I think Manny Banuelos will also be in the GCL.
    really? i guess he's just that good. sounds good.

what do you think of the other 2 guys?

it's good that bunch of those guys will be states' side. lots of pitchers moving up. hopefully they can kick out the guys who have been around too long.

DSL rosters are now available. It doesn't seem complete but typically they fill in as the early days go on. Some of these guys are still in Tampa in EST.

DSL Yankees 1 - http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...=t_ros&cid=634

DSL Yankees 2 - http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...=t_ros&cid=635

Thanks, they should settle down over the next few days. Of course, they are usually pretty fluid.

Since I don't see Raymond Nunez or Manuel Banuelos on either roster, I guess they are GCL bound. I'm a bit surprised that Harold Garce is in the DSL.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonjello
    Since I don't see Raymond Nunez or Manuel Banuelos on either roster, I guess they are GCL bound. I'm a bit surprised that Harold Garce is in the DSL.
    It doesn't mean that at all, the rosters are not comlete. Just about all the July 2nd hitters are not on the roster yet.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonjello
    There's a Reymond Nunez on DSL Yankees2.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerface
    There's a Reymond Nunez on DSL Yankees2.
    HOLY COW, the roster just exploded. That looks crazy.

wow a lot of the big signings from the last two years are on DSL 2.

For some very strange reason, I heard they reversed it so the better prospects will be on the DSL 2 team this year.

For some very strange reason, I heard they reversed it so the better prospects will be on the DSL 2 team this year.
    That seems like a possibility given the make up of DSL 2.

That was confirmed before the rosters were released.

there's some pretty darn good prospects in DSL 1 including jose ramirez, chirrino and a couple of others.

there's some pretty darn good prospects in DSL 1 including jose ramirez, chirrino and a couple of others.
    DSL 2 is better.

Thread Information