+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 401 FirstFirst ... 14 54 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 74 114 164 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 10012
    Released Outright

Re: New Stadium seat relocation info

I was under the impression that you had to decline your old plan and enter the pool in order to upgrade. Is that incorrect?

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by CTYANKEE
    I had Tier reserved MVP Sect 14, row J last year on an A plan, and have 2 years seniority overall (was only a Sunday plan holder in 2007). My new seats are in sect 424 row 4 and I believe are aisle seats. Pretty much what I expected and even though its an 81 game plan, there's no way I will decline them. From the looks of the seat locater, it looks like my view is slightly closer to home plate. I was holding out false hope for an upgrade, but overall I'm happy with the seats.
    CTYANKEE, did you request an upgrade to a better (lower) section?

Forum Regular

I filled out the survey and requested better seats with my three choices and in the extra comments section they had (even asked for Terrace Suites, but they were long gone apparently). That being said I never really thought I would get an upgrade after reading all the posts here and in the relocation guide, but was still hoping for one. With only two years seniority, I'll glady take what I was offered and hope for an upgrade in the next few years as I don't thing the pool would work well for me.
    God Bless America!!

Clinton, NJ - The odorless part of the state

So - once all the season ticket holders are taken care of and the perks are handed out, I'm wondering how many (if any) single game tickets will be made available. With most news Stadiums (or is that Stadii?) the first few seasons they are few and hard to come by (as with Jacob's Field and Camden Yards).

It's probably a given that we won't be seeing any "Fuji $5.00 Games" for a few seasons!
    Waiting for Sterling to retire so I can start listening to games on the radio again...

Quote Originally Posted by PeteRFNY
    So - once all the season ticket holders are taken care of and the perks are handed out, I'm wondering how many (if any) single game tickets will be made available. With most news Stadiums (or is that Stadii?) the first few seasons they are few and hard to come by (as with Jacob's Field and Camden Yards).

It's probably a given that we won't be seeing any "Fuji $5.00 Games" for a few seasons!
    Purely a guess on my part. After all plan holders are dealt with I predict there will be approximatley 3,000 to 5,000 seats per game left for the general public, plus the 3,000 standing room admissions.

Quote Originally Posted by yankeebot
    I was under the impression that you had to decline your old plan and enter the pool in order to upgrade. Is that incorrect?
    If you wanted to upgrade your plan, you had to do that on the Questionnaire - this would place you in the pool for each respective plan. A D plan holder, for instance, would not be served well by declining their seats so they could enter the full/41 game pool since that pool will be gone by the time they get to the D plans.

Just wondering if anyone has looked at the .pdf file on the relocation page. It shows that sections 111 and outward on the field level are available to 41 game plan holders. The 3d seat selector conflicts with that, however. Not sure if this was oversight, or something else.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by aknnav
    If you wanted to upgrade your plan, you had to do that on the Questionnaire - this would place you in the pool for each respective plan. A D plan holder, for instance, would not be served well by declining their seats so they could enter the full/41 game pool since that pool will be gone by the time they get to the D plans.
    I requested an upgrade from C plan to 41 game or full season on the questionnaire. I guess I just wait and see what happens next.

I requested an upgrade from C plan to 41 game or full season on the questionnaire. I guess I just wait and see what happens next.
    I did as well (from D to 41). I was told that they will handle the full season pool after the 14th, then handle the automatic assignments into the 41 game plan, then work the 41 game pool based on seniority. We're looking at approximately mid-December until they reach us.

Just curious, how did you request an upgrade to 41 or full season? From what I recall, there was a choice of one or the other...

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by aknnav
    I did as well (from D to 41). I was told that they will handle the full season pool after the 14th, then handle the automatic assignments into the 41 game plan, then work the 41 game pool based on seniority. We're looking at approximately mid-December until they reach us.

Just curious, how did you request an upgrade to 41 or full season? From what I recall, there was a choice of one or the other...
    I wanted a full season but drop from three to two tickets or a 41 game keeping all three. I called my rep who told me to check off either one and just include those instructions in the note section. I have no idea how they'll handle it.

I just got off the phone with a Yankee rep who confirmed the full season pool begins on the 14th. The bad news: he couldn't have been more pessimistic about ANYONE looking to upgrade into that pool getting into the $100 full season seats (217, 216, 215, 225, 224, 223). And that was AFTER I told him I've had "B" seats in sec. 261 since 1985! Can anyone confirm what this guy told me? Or maybe I hope he was just having a bad day?

Quote Originally Posted by ruffstuff
    I just got off the phone with a Yankee rep who confirmed the full season pool begins on the 14th. The bad news: he couldn't have been more pessimistic about ANYONE looking to upgrade into that pool getting into the $100 full season seats (217, 216, 215, 225, 224, 223). And that was AFTER I told him I've had "B" seats in sec. 261 since 1985! Can anyone confirm what this guy told me? Or maybe I hope he was just having a bad day?
    I imagine that would depend on how many people decline to move to cheaper seats. Its probably true that all of them have been assigned to people that already had them and seem to be a better choice for value. If you're in the pool, they will contact you and give you seat choices, so you should have an idea pretty soon. Your 1985 seniority gives you a great shot at choices, but I imagine that the infield main tickets will be hard to find. Part of the problem will be moving those full holders who had tickets where there are now Premium seats. I believe that all those people are being moved to the sections you mentioned in addition to those who were already there.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by hughes2008
    The thing that bothers me is that when currently upgrading to a full season (I had a B&C), number of games you had in 2008 doesn't matter. I had initially thought that my B&C would count as a 61 game plan, and that I would be assigned in the first wave with seniority not a factor, but I was sadly mistaken. I'm not very happy about that as I asked for a 61 game plan in my B plan seats last year, and couldn't get the exact same seats. So, the Yanks suggested a B, C, but in the same section 5 rows apart. I was right behind the plate in upper tier, and now b/c I had 61 games broken up into a B&C I am destined to lose my great location
    Your total seats will in fact be used in the formula to calculate what sort of upgrade you qualify for. For example, if you had 4 seats in a B plan, your total seats would be 4 x 46 = 184, which is 2.3 full season equivalents. That means you would qualify for 2 season tickets in 2009 in priority to others

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko
    Your total seats will in fact be used in the formula to calculate what sort of upgrade you qualify for. For example, if you had 4 seats in a B plan, your total seats would be 4 x 46 = 184, which is 2.3 full season equivalents. That means you would qualify for 2 season tickets in 2009 in priority to others
    This is the calculcation, but I wonder if they will really refuse to license 4 seats because the equivalent only comes out to 2.3. I imagine they will license as many full as they can, unless space becomes a real issue and they're unable to accomodate all the partial plan holders.

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko
    Not in terms of seniority though, only in terms of number of seats once they get to my year (2004) and plan (46 game). If I understand it correctly, because I have 2 seats in the 46 game plan, I am entitled to something ridiculous like 1.12 seats, but I am assuming my C plan gives me another .36 which would equal 1.48 full season seats? However, I am not sure how that will help me keep my seats behind home plate...

Addicted Member

Maybe the $100 season tickets will all be gone because there are people who had FULL season are renewing. (who had loge or main, or main mvp or champ)After that, there may be some people in field champ who cant afford, and had theirs longer than you. Its possible you can get them, but remember, the pool is for the leftovers.

I'm not sure if this helps....But I have a good friend who had main reserved seats on the first base side for a bunch of years (I'm not sure of his seniority date) at the old stadium....He was asking for $75 seats....his new location is 227B...in the last row. That's the last row, of the last section in the Main for $75 seats.

So if i were a betting man...I would say there is not going to be much room in $100 sections either....$100 is not that much more than $75 when you are already spending that much money...at least thats my two cents.

I'm one of the people in the full season pool just hoping for the best!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DBBALL23
    I'm not sure if this helps....But I have a good friend who had main reserved seats on the first base side for a bunch of years (I'm not sure of his seniority date) at the old stadium....He was asking for $75 seats....his new location is 227B...in the last row. That's the last row, of the last section in the Main for $75 seats.

So if i were a betting man...I would say there is not going to be much room in $100 sections either....$100 is not that much more than $75 when you are already spending that much money...at least thats my two cents.

I'm one of the people in the full season pool just hoping for the best!!!!
    Different family members of mine have different locations, we all been a season ticket holder since 1995:
    Main Champ last year has Section 130 now
    Main Reserve last year has Section 229 now
    Loge MVP last year has Section 213 now
    Field Box last year has Section 108 now

I had full season tickets in section 218 with a 1994 seniority date and was assigned section 216 row 11 so I suspect the pessimism is warranted

Quote Originally Posted by shum87nyy
    Maybe the $100 season tickets will all be gone because there are people who had FULL season are renewing. (who had loge or main, or main mvp or champ)After that, there may be some people in field champ who cant afford, and had theirs longer than you. Its possible you can get them, but remember, the pool is for the leftovers.
    Thanks everyone for the feedback. There's some irony in forking up $16,000 for 2 seats only to be told that all you can have are the leftovers. Someone in Kansas City or Minnesota or Tampa must find all of this very, very strange--or amusing.

NYYF Legend

Thanks everyone for the feedback. There's some irony in forking up $16,000 for 2 seats only to be told that all you can have are the leftovers. Someone in Kansas City or Minnesota or Tampa must find all of this very, very strange--or amusing.
    Especially at the new Twins ballpark where you can be in the first row behind the dugout for 60 bucks a game

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar

If you're trying to upgrade, I think you would have to declare so on the questionnaire, and you would be put into the pool after all of the automatic relocations get taken care of. That may or may not be just for full-season upgrades, I don't know.
    Dieting isn't a piece of cake.
    Nobody ever says "it's just a game" when their team is winning.
    "Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball" --Jacques Barzun

Addicted Member

Hey guys, all the info you give out is awesome for the community! So, thanks!

I'm confused now by all the full season talk. Im a 46 gamer that didnt ask to go full season. Any idea when we will be dealt with? thanks again!
    [B][I]Super Nova[/I][/B]

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeejohn
    Hey guys, all the info you give out is awesome for the community! So, thanks!

I'm confused now by all the full season talk. Im a 46 gamer that didnt ask to go full season. Any idea when we will be dealt with? thanks again!
    I think you will be downgraded to the 41 game plan. That plan is next in line in priority after the Yankees seat all the Full Season Plan prople.

Here's a question for you: My Yankees agent said if when I am offered the full season seat choices, I don't like the seats, I can switch to the 41 game plan and secure my 41 game seats right then and there. However, if I reject the fulls shouldn't I revert to the 41 game pool (current 46 game plan holder), and only get an offer when my seniority for that pool kicks in, vs. automatically getting my 41 game seats while still technically in the full season pool?

Thread Information