+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 401 FirstFirst ... 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 63 113 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

Re: New Stadium seat relocation info

Quote Originally Posted by shum87nyy
    no, youre not. Anyone who has tickets in the field, must keep field tickets, or if they can't afford it, they must wait to see what's left after every takes their respective seats. And anyone who has upper deck, has the option for upper deck before those rich people who have field now. No one can kick you out of your seats if you have them already. It will be a problem during the first transfer, becuase the upper deck is so small. but you can't get further away, or higher up unless you request it or change your plan type. you can only get closer
    And where exactly did you hear this? My current seat is in Row X in Sec.1. If what your saying is true than my seat in the new park should be in the last row behind the plate in the upper deck. Somehow I just do not see that happening.

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673
    And where exactly did you hear this? My current seat is in Row X in Sec.1. If what your saying is true than my seat in the new park should be in the last row behind the plate in the upper deck. Somehow I just do not see that happening.
    Agreed on all counts (I'm in section 5 though).

Cite your sources.
    Dieting isn't a piece of cake.
    Nobody ever says "it's just a game" when their team is winning.
    "Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball" --Jacques Barzun

Quote Originally Posted by __starr69

Cite your sources.
    I'm also in section 5 and looking at the renditions of the new stadium it appears that my row doesn't even exist. I have resigned myself to the fact that the likely outcome is I will be seating much further down the lines and I can accept that. What I will not accept is paying a massive increase for inferior seats. If that transpires I will be watching the games on my new HD TV.

has anyone else, besides the premium seat folks, been contacted about their seats? i've got a B plan in the loge by the left foul pole, i've been a licensee since 2006, no word for me yet. maybe because there is no more loge?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by xxltaco
    has anyone else, besides the premium seat folks, been contacted about their seats? i've got a B plan in the loge by the left foul pole, i've been a licensee since 2006, no word for me yet. maybe because there is no more loge?
    I'm a B plan in RF bleachers since 01 and I haven't been contacted yet either...

so much for "early in 2008"

NYYF Legend

I bet they wait until after the season to let us know.

Addicted Member

I'm a full season holder since 2002. My seats are Tier Box MVP, and I've heard nothing yet.

I called last week and they said we will hear in August or September. Maybe the Yanks haven't had the turnout they expected for premium seats and it has delayed the entire process.

You mean they are shocked that people aren't lining up to pay $850 a ticket for regular season games!

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin563
    I called last week and they said we will hear in August or September. Maybe the Yanks haven't had the turnout they expected for premium seats and it has delayed the entire process.
    August or September! We all know that really means October.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by LHG39
    You mean they are shocked that people aren't lining up to pay $850 a ticket for regular season games!

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by __starr69

Cite your sources.
    I didnt mean that you will get your exact seat. You will have to settle with youre level seating/price range. there will be a conversion chart, showing telling you where you will end up from seats you have now. However, if you decline your seats, you must wait to see whats available after everyone takes what the yankees are offering from what they have now. so just like tier level holders cant jump to field untill renews are settled, so too with Field level holders. they can't jump up to cheaper seats. There are fans who first need to renew thier seats in that level.
    Bottom line: all fans from are guarranteed from year to year that they will be able to renew their same seats, or upgrade if seats open up (either fans who didnt renew, or fans with better seats got upgraded).
    There will be a conversion chart, being that we have never had seats in the new yankee stadium.
    Fans with field level must keep their field level (just like the past years), or they can wait and see if cheaper seats become avavilable. Same with Tier holders. they can renew, then wait to see whats available for higher prices.
    But Tier 1 row X doesnt mean you'll have right behind the plate, top row. you have to follow the yankees system concerning conversion to the new stadium

Shum87nyy, where did you hear this?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin563
    Shum87nyy, where did you hear this?

I think he mentioned in another thread that Jacoby Elsbury had recently held a press conference regarding relocation.

NYYF Legend

I didnt mean that you will get your exact seat. You will have to settle with youre level seating/price range. there will be a conversion chart, showing telling you where you will end up from seats you have now. However, if you decline your seats, you must wait to see whats available after everyone takes what the yankees are offering from what they have now. so just like tier level holders cant jump to field untill renews are settled, so too with Field level holders. they can't jump up to cheaper seats. There are fans who first need to renew thier seats in that level.
    Bottom line: all fans from are guarranteed from year to year that they will be able to renew their same seats, or upgrade if seats open up (either fans who didnt renew, or fans with better seats got upgraded).
    There will be a conversion chart, being that we have never had seats in the new yankee stadium.
    Fans with field level must keep their field level (just like the past years), or they can wait and see if cheaper seats become avavilable. Same with Tier holders. they can renew, then wait to see whats available for higher prices.
    But Tier 1 row X doesnt mean you'll have right behind the plate, top row. you have to follow the yankees system concerning conversion to the new stadium
    So I gather from this that I will be offered a Tier Reserved MVP seat somewhere in the tier section. But the question is still where it will be.

I am tier box MVP Plan B holder and I was contacted yesterday with an offer to get "outdoor terrace" premium seats. they say that they will be in touch by phone in the next few days to select our seats.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by jjjlawyer
    I am tier box MVP Plan B holder and I was contacted yesterday with an offer to get "outdoor terrace" premium seats. they say that they will be in touch by phone in the next few days to select our seats.
    Hmm......I have Tier Box MVP but haven't heard yet.

NYYF Cy Young

jjjlawyer - I assume you were contacted because you asked for premium seats? It appears that others of us with similar B plan seats who didn't ask for premium have not been contacted.

I wonder if we will have a choice to change our plan(s) during the offseason. I hope not. If someone who has a plan B sits in the same seats as me in my plan C and decides that his plan B seats are too expensive so he downgrades to plan C and takes my seats that I would have been allocated.

That may sound confusing, but there has to be some order to this.

NYYF Cy Young

Any idea where Loge seats will be ? I keep reading there is no loge seating - is this correct? or will we be able to move down ?

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar

A few points:

You said in an earlier post we can't be put further away or higher up without requesting so. How is that possible when the upper deck will be about half the size as it is now, and the Yankees are already taking requests for "premium" terrace seating?

The concern for many of us in Tier Reserved MVP (especially those of us in the back rows) is that we will probably be thrown down the lines and still possibly be in the last row of our sections. IMO, the only part of my seats that makes them worth $27 (also keep in mind last year they were $19) is that they're relatively close to home plate. If I was halfway up the line watching the game sideways (with my seat facing the opposite foul pole), I would've asked to be moved all the way down the lines or in the bleachers and pay a lot less.

Furthermore, you're still not telling us where you got this information.
    Dieting isn't a piece of cake.
    Nobody ever says "it's just a game" when their team is winning.
    "Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball" --Jacques Barzun

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jjjlawyer
    Did you take them up on those?

I've been considering those for full season, but I doubt anyone I share with would keep buying tickets from me for $100+ each if the team is playing the same way only a year older.

Another sign that perhaps the Yankees are not gettng the response they wnated for the premium seats?
    "State Assemblyman Richard Brodsky of Westchester, whose committee investigates public debt projects, says the Yankees now say that if they don't get another $400 million in public borrowing the club might not be able to finish the stadium"

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06112008...r_n_115059.htm

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by tomede
    Another sign that perhaps the Yankees are not gettng the response they wnated for the premium seats?
    "State Assemblyman Richard Brodsky of Westchester, whose committee investigates public debt projects, says the Yankees now say that if they don't get another $400 million in public borrowing the club might not be able to finish the stadium"

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06112008...r_n_115059.htm

Not seeing the correlation between selling premium seats and IRS financing issue.

Thread Information