+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 401 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Re: New Stadium seat relocation info

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673
    There was an announced about six months ago by the Yankees that they would not be charging seat license fees.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...TDA&refer=home

I meant if the New Stadium had not been built. Anyway if something did happen to the new park I'm sure its insured. If you buy a new car and its totaled in an accident you do not lose all the money you paid for it.
    And remember a significant amount of the cost of the new Stadium is comming from funds the Yankees would normally pay as part of the luxery tax peanalty that is alowed to be defered to new stadium construction.
    Some good points there, but it would still be a massive blow to the Yankees. We would probably have to half our payroll if not worse, and it would cause all kinds of logistical nightmares. And I don't think the luxury tax break is until after the Stadium is built.
    "We understand that John Henry must be embarrassed, frustrated and disappointed by his failure in this transaction. Unlike the Yankees, he chose not to go the extra distance for his fans in Boston."

From a different perspective..

There was an announced about six months ago by the Yankees that they would not be charging seat license fees.
    I have no idea how I missed that but somehow I did. So I guess I won't need the money left on the home equity line of credit I took out just in case, right? I am completely serious about that. I really had no idea how I was going to pay a license on the 4 tickets that I have.

NYYF Legend

Essentially, the cost of a PSL will be distributed into the rising price of tickets, or that's what it seems.

From a different perspective..

Quote Originally Posted by BBombers85
    Essentially, the cost of a PSL will be distributed into the rising price of tickets, or that's what it seems.
    That is true. Still, I was dreading a huge payment to be due just for the honor of being called a season ticket holder.

NYYF Legend

i got a letter today about relocation for my plan, they also have the yankee premium stuff. Wonder what that is.

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Goddess
    Yes, I think that qualifies as a big hit. As for next year, the Mets are the team that hiked their prices bigger this year and said that they won't hike them as much next year when they move to their new ballpark. The Yankees did not say that. I still have not heard about seat licenses and that scares me a lot more than the per ticket price going up. Is it going to cost me $1000 each for each of my four seats just to be able to buy my season tickets? They are supposedly still deciding on that part.
    That was a possibility I was bracing myself for. I have 4 seats as well. (Actually more, because I have a separate plan through my business too.)

Addicted Member

yea i got my relocation letter in the mail too... i registered just to see what they offer come nxt season.
    4/07 Seniority
    2009 - 334 12 Game #1 \ 2010 - 231 12 Game #1 \ 2011 - 131 15 Game Sunday

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Goddess
    Do any of us really think the prices are going to stay the same? My tickets have gone up $5 per game per ticket every year since I started. My seats were $19 when I started in 1999 and are now $65. I expect that to go up and I'm making plans for how to deal with it financially. I think you are wrong about prices being doubled. Will they go up - absolutely. It's all about how much they will go up and if I give my seats up, it's not like the prices are going to down since someone else will get my seats immediately.
    Which begs the question -- if many diehard fans are being priced out of plans now, will they be there when the team is consistently losing 90-95 games a year and in fourth place?
    Dieting isn't a piece of cake.
    Nobody ever says "it's just a game" when their team is winning.
    "Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball" --Jacques Barzun

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Named Fred
    They're not going to raise the price past the point that they won't sell the tickets.

As far as the current prices go, and I'll use the $25 ticket prices you mentioned as an example because that's where I sit. Tier Reserved MVP tickets are widely available for less than face value on the secondary markey. Stubhub isn't great for cheap tickets because the buyer has to pay a significant premium to cover shipping and stubhub fees. But eBay routinely has tickets for far less than face value. Not for Opening Day or the closing series, but for lots of other games.

Right now, you can do a search on eBay for Yankees tickets face and 19 listings come back, some of which are below face. And once the season starts, there will be even more. Last year, tickets to the last Red Sox series at the Stadium could be had for less than face value.
    If I tried to replace my C plan (two seats in Tier Reserved MVP) by trying to get tickets off the secondary market for two seats in TR MVP, I really don't think I would end up saving anything at all after all 15 games. I also wouldn't have a postseaon option.

I don't have to search Stubhub or eBay to know that a good 75% of those tickets going for less than face value are either a)single seats; b)mid-week day games; and/or c)weeknight games against cellar dweller teams.
    "Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball" --Jacques Barzun

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo
    i got a letter today about relocation for my plan, they also have the yankee premium stuff. Wonder what that is.
    I was going to check it out but when I typed in the address it brought me to Craig's list. I e-mailed my ticket rep at Yankees.com to ask her about it. I'll let you know when I hear from her. She's pretty good about getting back to me.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by nicastro130
    yea i got my relocation letter in the mail too... i registered just to see what they offer come nxt season.
    How did you register? When I typed in the suggested address it brought me to Craig's list.

Quote Originally Posted by __starr69
    If I tried to replace my C plan (two seats in Tier Reserved MVP) by trying to get tickets off the secondary market for two seats in TR MVP, I really don't think I would end up saving anything at all after all 15 games. I also wouldn't have a postseaon option.

I don't have to search Stubhub or eBay to know that a good 75% of those tickets going for less than face value are either a)single seats; b)mid-week day games; and/or c)weeknight games against cellar dweller teams.
    Given that last year people were buying weekend Red Sox @ Yankees tickets for less than face on eBay, I think you're dead wrong.

In any event, you're changing the issue from "real fans" being shut out of the stadium to "real fans" being shut out of the most sought after games. Leaving aside the fallacy that the middle class have a claim to "real fan" status that the poor and wealthy do not have, I don't see what's so wrong with the best games going for the most money. The fact is that thousands of the same "real fans" who would jump at the opportunity to pay face for a Red Sox game or Opening Day or the last game, do not take advantage of ample opportunities to go to games against lesser teams.

Actually, a very quick review of eBay proves you wrong. I just did an eBay search for the game against the Tigers on 4/29 (hardly a cellar dwelling team) and there are plenty of seats to be had for face or less. Think those auctions will go up? Think again. Here's a link to closed ebay auctions for that game: http://search-completed.ebay.com/yan...refinesearchZ1

As for your specific plan, while you are certainly right that without a C Plan, your getting playoff tickets for face would be very tough, the other side of the coin is that if you were to scalp your Opening Day and last game tickets from your C Plan, you would likely get enough money to allow you to cover the cost of all 13 remaining games in your plan. And you'd still be able to buy playoff tickets for face.

Given that last year people were buying weekend Red Sox @ Yankees tickets for less than face on eBay, I think you're dead wrong.
    Yes! Give me something I know you can't prove so I'm just going to have to take your word for it!

In any event, you're changing the issue from "real fans" being shut out of the stadium to "real fans" being shut out of the most sought after games. Leaving aside the fallacy that the middle class have a claim to "real fan" status that the poor and wealthy do not have,...
    Awesome! Poor people can't be real fans! I guess that should end my end of the debate here, not being able to call myself a "real fan" and all.

Actually, a very quick review of eBay proves you wrong. I just did an eBay search for the game against the Tigers on 4/29 (hardly a cellar dwelling team) and there are plenty of seats to be had for face or less. Think those auctions will go up? Think again. Here's a link to closed ebay auctions for that game: http://search-completed.ebay.com/yan...refinesearchZ1
    I'm not going to register for eBay, but I'll take your word for it. However, I think we should get closer than six weeks before the event before we decide that "less than face" is the actual going rate for a late April game against a team we've barely had a rivalry with.
    But I will have you know that I was browsing Stubhub last night for two seats in the bleachers for mid-week July day games (vs. Tampa Bay, Minnesota, Baltimore) in the bleachers and came up with nothing less than $16 for each ticket (before fees) in RF.

As for your specific plan, while you are certainly right that without a C Plan, your getting playoff tickets for face would be very tough, the other side of the coin is that if you were to scalp your Opening Day and last game tickets from your C Plan, you would likely get enough money to allow you to cover the cost of all 13 remaining games in your plan. And you'd still be able to buy playoff tickets for face.
    Then why is the C plan consistently the most "sold out" plan (especially in the bleachers)? Because nobody wants to go to weekend games? Because paupers don't want to take their families to baseball games? You can go to Opening Day for a lot cheaper via eBay, Stubhub, etc. than buying tickets for 13-14 other games that apparently nobody wants to go to (or maybe just the middle class wants to go to and has the right to go).

Even taking Opening Day, OTD, and the last game out, if I wanted to sit in Tier Reserved MVP for the rest of the 12 games, I'd expect to pay the face value, if not more, for each of those tickets (really, I do have better things to do with my life than babysit eBay and Stubhub).

Did it ever actually occur to you that some people might actually *want* to go to games against the Tampa Bay Devil Rays, not just Opening Day and the Red Sox?

Quote Originally Posted by __starr69
    Yes! Give me something I know you can't prove so I'm just going to have to take your word for it!

Awesome! Poor people can't be real fans! I guess that should end my end of the debate here, not being able to call myself a "real fan" and all.
    I'm not going to get into a long debate with you, but I do need to correct a couple of things.

1) Given that I purchased tickets to a Red Sox game for less than face on eBay last year, I am sure that the market was incredibly weak. I also bought Friday night seats to a Yankees A's game on June 29 and an Angels game on May 25.

2) As far as the value of the less desirable games, my best evidence for the low value of those games (in addition to the low prices on Stubhub and eBay) would be the fact that I gave you free tickets to a day game against the Royals in 2006. I posted free tickets on this site and you were the first to respond.

3) I think you need to read my post more carefully before getting all riled up. I did not say poor people cannot be real fans. In fact, I said the exact opposite, calling it a fallacy. That goes along with a previous portion of this thread that you may or may not have read before deciding sarcasm was appropriate.

NYYF Legend

I just recieved my relocation letter. Beyond the info on Premium Seating it was distressing to read the second to last paragraph which says "Please be aware that the seat location and quantity of games included in all current Ticket License Plans are subject to change when you relocate to the new Yankee Stadium."
    I wonder where my seat location (Currently behind the plate in the Tier reserved MVP) will end up at the "new" Stadium? Hopefully not out by the foul pole.

Saturday+ Plan Holder? YES!

I just recieved my relocation letter. Beyond the info on Premium Seating it was distressing to read the second to last paragraph which says "Please be aware that the seat location and quantity of games included in all current Ticket License Plans are subject to change when you relocate to the new Yankee Stadium."
    I wonder where my seat location (Currently behind the plate in the Tier reserved MVP) will end up at the "new" Stadium? Hopefully not out by the foul pole.
    That's my concern as well - because now with that "super premium" seating in what used to be Tier Box MVP (or part of it), I wonder how many of those folks will be relocated to Tier Reserved MVP, and what that would do to us Tier Reserved MVP folks - hopefully not get pushed too far out towards the poles.
    [URL="http://www.trukz.com/"][/URL]

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyOcho
    That's my concern as well - because now with that "super premium" seating in what used to be Tier Box MVP (or part of it), I wonder how many of those folks will be relocated to Tier Reserved MVP, and what that would do to us Tier Reserved MVP folks - hopefully not get pushed too far out towards the poles.
    My thoughts exactly.

NYYF MVP

I just recieved my relocation letter. Beyond the info on Premium Seating it was distressing to read the second to last paragraph which says "Please be aware that the seat location and quantity of games included in all current Ticket License Plans are subject to change when you relocate to the new Yankee Stadium." I wonder where my seat location (Currently behind the plate in the Tier reserved MVP) will end up at the "new" Stadium? Hopefully not out by the foul pole.
    I was concerned with that language as well. Is it simple legalese aimed at covering their butts in case everyone isn't happy? Or is it a pre-meditated move in advance of screwing us all?

Addicted Member

For those looking for the link to register ... go to my account... before you log in there is a set of directions on how to access it.
    4/07 Seniority
    2009 - 334 12 Game #1 \ 2010 - 231 12 Game #1 \ 2011 - 131 15 Game Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Murcer1
    I was concerned with that language as well. Is it simple legalese aimed at covering their butts in case everyone isn't happy? Or is it a pre-meditated move in advance of screwing us all?
    I think you're right that it's one of those two things. Unfortunately, I don't think it's legalese since they are under no legal obligation to renew any of our season tickets. That leaves option #2.

NYYF MVP

I think you're right that it's one of those two things. Unfortunately, I don't think it's legalese since they are under no legal obligation to renew any of our season tickets. That leaves option #2.
    You're absolutely right.

NYYF Legend

I hope all the plan holders who post how much they can't wait to be in the new park remember this when they end up having much worse seating locations next year. I really think most of the upper tier plan holders (myself included) are really going to get screwed next season.

I hope all the plan holders who post how much they can't wait to be in the new park remember this when they end up having much worse seating locations next year. I really think most of the upper tier plan holders (myself included) are really going to get screwed next season.

Well said!
    "It's been a long time, been a long time, been a long....."

NYYF Cy Young

Let's just hope they are reasonable in relocation and not move everyone all over the place

Thread Information