+ Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 401 FirstFirst ... 16 56 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 76 116 166 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 10012
    NYYF Legend

Re: New Stadium seat relocation info

Quote Originally Posted by LDG
    I can't help but believe that the combination of longtime season ticketholders getting downgraded to the degree that they seem to be AND my comparative lowly status/location, I'm not going to get very lucky. I hope you're right GG, but thanks Linda, this is exactly what I was thinking.
    Well I was talking about full season tickets. If you're a partial, then noone knows what will be available

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by ZIM 2002
    And Tier Box MVP seats will be among the worst, I assume, because of the premium seats and the decrease in seats in that section.
    That's what I'm afraid of.

I understand it's a money game and all about the revenues, but with the reallocation of available space in the lesser priced seats (tier to grandstand) those with partial plans in those areas are going to get squeezed out by the full season/half season holders. My Sunday plan seats were Tier 6, row F - perfect!

With seniority of only 2004, I'm going to be pushed out towards the outfield, maybe WAY out behind the foul poles.

And for all that, I have to wait another 3 months before I even find out how bad off I'm going to be.

[gripe mode off]

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by GordonGecko
    From what I've heard Tier Box season ticket holders have been pretty happy with their relocation
    I'm Tier Box MVP, and I'm thrilled with my seats. I moved about one section out and five rows down.

Quote Originally Posted by scoper
    I understand it's a money game and all about the revenues, but with the reallocation of available space in the lesser priced seats (tier to grandstand) those with partial plans in those areas are going to get squeezed out by the full season/half season holders. My Sunday plan seats were Tier 6, row F - perfect!

With seniority of only 2004, I'm going to be pushed out towards the outfield, maybe WAY out behind the foul poles.

And for all that, I have to wait another 3 months before I even find out how bad off I'm going to be.

[gripe mode off]
    I'm in the same boat as you. I have a partial plan in Tier 9. I expect to get pushed out to the outfiled (probably the equivalent of Tier 19 or 21). However, I'm not upset about this at all for the following reasons:

1) As a partial plan holder I'm happy to be offered something. The Yankees could have eliminated partial plans altogether and just sold full season and/or half season plans.

2) If I'm not happy with my assignment there will be opportunities to upgrade in the future.

3) Although my current seats are in Tier 9, at most home games I was able to relocate to better seats (usually main level) around the 3rd inning. Since my plan is a mid week plan there are very few games where every seat is taken. Also, with the open concourses you can have a beer or a bit to eat and stand anywhere to watch the game (I've done this in Philly).

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by Use Ethyl Chloride
    I'm Tier Box MVP, and I'm thrilled with my seats. I moved about one section out and five rows down.
    Oh wow...I'm Tier Box MVP too - I hope I'm as happy as you. How much are your seats since now they were $60?

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

Paid for my full season ticket package today and I think the seats are about equivalent to where they were before. Higher up though, I believe. And still only $25 per seat!
    2014 - New Team, New Result

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteYankee
    Paid for my full season ticket package today and I think the seats are about equivalent to where they were before. Higher up though, I believe. And still only $25 per seat!
    What section did you end up in?

My friend who has been a partial Saturday plan holder since 2005, Tier Box MVP (row 2 -first base side), got a call today from a Yankees rep saying he should expect to be contacted about his seats starting in Mid-December. The rep indicated that they have already started working on the partial planners.

As for myself, I'm a C plan holder hoping for the best. I doubt I will get the main box area like I did last season, but I'm excited to see what the lottery brings.

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus71
    My friend who has been a partial Saturday plan holder since 2005, Tier Box MVP (row 2 -first base side), got a call today from a Yankees rep saying he should expect to be contacted about his seats starting in Mid-December. The rep indicated that they have already started working on the partial planners.

As for myself, I'm a C plan holder hoping for the best. I doubt I will get the main box area like I did last season, but I'm excited to see what the lottery brings.
    Is your friend upgrading to a full or staying as a partial plan holder?

NYYF Triple Crown

I got the phone call from the Yankees today reminding me that the relocation process is underway and that I should be getting my reassignment soon.

C & D plan holder. 2004 seniority.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripedbass
    I got the phone call from the Yankees today reminding me that the relocation process is underway and that I should be getting my reassignment soon.

C & D plan holder. 2004 seniority.
    I'm 2004 also; are you upgrading to a full? and what was the time frame for "soon?"

NYYF Cy Young

I tried calling to find out an estimated time to hear for the old B plan relocation and got a totally non-helpful response of "we have no idea."!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZIM 2002
    I tried calling to find out an estimated time to hear for the old B plan relocation and got a totally non-helpful response of "we have no idea."!!
    I also called they told me January

I'm 2006 seniority and I was told late December for my c and d plans.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by hughes2008
    I'm 2004 also; are you upgrading to a full? and what was the time frame for "soon?"
    No time frame for soon. The message only said that if I had any questions I should call the Yankees at 293-6000.

I'm not upgrading to a full season. I want to keep my Saturday and Sunday plan and I requested to downgrade my seat location to the Grandstand level. My old seats were in Tier Box MVP 611. Since there is nothing comparable for me in the new stadium, my priority was to sit somewhere between the plate and 1B. The only option I had was Grandstand. I did not want to pay $70 a ticket to sit out beyond 1B or 3B. If I get a crappy seat assingment this year I'll only be paying (hopefully) $25 for it. Somewhere down the line I'll request to relocate.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    Oh wow...I'm Tier Box MVP too - I hope I'm as happy as you. How much are your seats since now they were $60?
    $55 - just like last year.

Saturday+ Plan Holder? YES!

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vanderlay
    2) If I'm not happy with my assignment there will be opportunities to upgrade in the future.
    I'm not as sure about this as you are, or as I once was. Won't this reorganization essentially "pack" the full season holders in the center Grandstand seats? In 2005, I was initially offered Tier 3 for my D plan, and took Tier 5 because of a better row. I believe, and it's just my opinion but it makes sense (at least to me), that years of people dropping in and out of season ticket plans "fragment" seats enough that people with a low number of seats (2 for me) can fill in these gaps. The seat re-assignment will consolidate a lot of full season folks in the center Grandstand sections, and with their relatively low cost for what we're assuming to be relatively good seats, I don't anticipate many people dropping their plans after this year.

Regardless, I'm just waiting to hear what's assigned to me, and I'll decide then.
    [URL="http://www.trukz.com/"][/URL]

and with their relatively low cost for what we're assuming to be relatively good seats, I don't anticipate many people dropping their plans after this year.
    The big thing about this year is that a lot of people want seats for the first year in the new stadium. After this year, or the first couple maybe, the curiousity factor will ebb, and some people may very well drop the plans.

Also, don't forget that the Grandstand will be $25 this year, but next year there will probably be a steep increase in ticket prices for both the $25 and $20 seats, which will force some people (me included) to be priced out.

NYYF Legend

So far all the people I know who had Full Season Plans in the Tier Reserve MVP sections have all been assigned to seats in rows no higher than 8 at the new park. Wonder if rows 9-14 are being saved for the 41 game plan holders?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673
    So far all the people I know who had Full Season Plans in the Tier Reserve MVP sections have all been assigned to seats in rows no higher than 8 at the new park. Wonder if rows 9-14 are being saved for the 41 game plan holders?
    I got row 9

NYYF Legend

From http://www.northjersey.com/sports/ya...tml?c=y&page=1
    Selling suites may not be so sweet a business for the New York Yankees in these tough economic times.

Seven luxury boxes down the foul lines priced at $600,000 remain available for the 2009 season, the first at the new Yankee Stadium. The team still had seven available in August, too.

"There's no getting away from the fact that the world is different than it was, so traffic slows," chief operating officer Lonn Trost said Tuesday. "So you don't have 10 people banging on the door. You may only have two people."

Trost said in August that 44 of 51 suites priced at $600,000 to $850,000 had been committed, and that the $650,000 and $850,000 suites had sold out.

"We're entertaining proposals from different folks," he said. "I'm not going to put them into the sold column until somebody sends me an e-mail and says, 'Done.' It's so hard to say close when you get attorneys involved and you start fighting over terms, and we don't want to change terms."

He said in August that 3,500 of the 4,300 premium seats had been sold, including the $500-$2,500 per-game tickets near home plate in the first nine rows of 25 sections ringing home plate.

Speaking after a news conference to announce a technology agreement with Cisco Systems Inc., Trost didn't have an updated figure on premium seats and said it was too early to determine how well season-ticket sales were going for the $1.3 billion ballpark.

Addicted Member

That does not surprise me one bit that they are having trouble selling the luxury boxes and premium seating. If they were smart they'd come down on the price but I seriously doubt that would happen. At least with the luxury boxes no one will be able to notice if they're full or empty. When you have 1000 empty premium seats on TV behind the batter you will notice that.

Devoted Member

Hello everybody,
    I just got off the phone with a relocation rep - he told me that bleachers will continue to be alcohol-free but you will be able to access the bar and drink in other areas of the stadium but just not in your seats in the bleacher section. As for other alcohol-free sections they have not decided yet but it seems like it will be somewhere in the Grandstand, just like OYS.

This link was just added, but does not say anything we didn't already know.

http://newyork.yankees.mlb.com/nyy/t...ion_status.jsp

Thread Information