+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 401 1 2 3 4 11 51 101 ... LastLast
    NYYF Legend

New Stadium seat relocation info

According to the ticket invoice the Yankees will be sending licensees a New Yankee Stadium relocation package sometime in early 2008 which will give complete information on seating opportunities in the New Yankee Stadium,.

NYYF Legend

Re: New Stadium seat relocation info

Quote Originally Posted by ymike673
    According to the ticket invoice the Yankees will be sending licensees a New Yankee Stadium relocation package sometime in early 2008 which will give complete information on seating opportunities in the New Yankee Stadium,.
    Or an overpriced lack there of.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BBombers85
    Or an overpriced lack there of.
    Considering the new upper tier will be half the size of the current one I will not be looking forward to getting the seat relocation info.

Considering the new upper tier will be half the size of the current one I will not be looking forward to getting the seat relocation info.
    I was thinking the exact same thing

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Me either. I hope seats are comparable to what we currently have. Probably not though.

Addicted Member

Will the lower deck be bigger, though? Maybe some of the upper tier holdrs will move downstairs. I won't beone of them, but hopefully enough do, that I can keep my same seats.

Released Outright

Quote Originally Posted by MylesThomas1927
    Will the lower deck be bigger, though? Maybe some of the upper tier holdrs will move downstairs. I won't beone of them, but hopefully enough do, that I can keep my same seats.
    Yes, but I imagine those seats will be much more expensive.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by yankeebot
    I would guess at least $40 seat considering its now $25 to sit in the MVP Tier reserved. I know I won't be moving to the lower deck in the new stadium. Unless I win Lotto

Addicted Member

No doubt, so I wish a very prosperous year to all my fellow Tier Reserved MVP ticket holders. May some of us be able to move down, allowing the rest of us our same seats up top.

I'll do my best, but I have a feeling I'll be staying up top.

Released Outright

What I hate is that for me, it's not really even about the money. I love Tier and I love my seats. Main level is just not my thing.

NYYF Legend

What I hate is that for me, it's not really even about the money. I love Tier and I love my seats. Main level is just not my thing.
    I agree with you. I've sat in the upper tier/deck my entire life. I think they are the best seats in the house. I just hope I am offered close to my current location in the new park.

Addicted Member

I agree with you. I've sat in the upper tier/deck my entire life. I think they are the best seats in the house. I just hope I am offered close to my current location in the new park.
    I like my upper deck seats, too, and share your concerns. I am also worried that we will not have the same great view in the new stadium.

It is difficult to tell from the renderings. While it appears the Tier Reserved will be pushed back in distance from the edge of the field, will this be compensated by less foul territory?

Also, does anyone have a read on height differences? Are we higher or lower than the current upper tier in relation to the field's level?

NYYF Legend

I like my upper deck seats, too, and share your concerns. I am also worried that we will not have the same great view in the new stadium.

It is difficult to tell from the renderings. While it appears the Tier Reserved will be pushed back in distance from the edge of the field, will this be compensated by less foul territory?

Also, does anyone have a read on height differences? Are we higher or lower than the current upper tier in relation to the field's level?
    Foult territory is remaining the same, as are all field dimensions. The upper deck is simply being pushed further back.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

I have Tier Box MVP seats and I love them. Right behind homeplate.

NYYF Legend

I'm behind the plate right now in Tier 4 row K. I love it there and I hope to get the same view from the new stadium.

A smaller deck doesnt necessarily mean fewer season tickets. Look at what the Red Sox and Cubs (the only MLB teams to sell out yearly) do. They are almost all season ticket holders and release very few tickets to the general public hence the long wait lines in virtual waiting rooms (i.e. dont exist).

I think the Yankees WILL let their season ticket holders get hold of whatever seats they desire and let them have them. If this leaves them with a smaller amount of tickets for the general public it's technically not their fault and better for them since they're guaranteeing occupancy in certain seats. I think the Yankees do treat their season ticket holders well for the most part (excluding ticket prices) and will continue to do so.

Now, if we can only get them to improve the people who answer to (718) 293-6000.....

Most of us can't afford any season tix, so boo to all of you.
    Metallica. Screaming crowd. Jog to the mound. Game over. - Chad Jennings

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees
    Foult territory is remaining the same, as are all field dimensions. The upper deck is simply being pushed further back.
    Are you sure about this? Looking at the renderings and pics of the stadium, there seems to be a clear difference in the amount of foul territory.

NYYF Legend

I'm behind the plate right now in Tier 4 row K. I love it there and I hope to get the same view from the new stadium.

A smaller deck doesnt necessarily mean fewer season tickets. Look at what the Red Sox and Cubs (the only MLB teams to sell out yearly) do. They are almost all season ticket holders and release very few tickets to the general public hence the long wait lines in virtual waiting rooms (i.e. dont exist).

I think the Yankees WILL let their season ticket holders get hold of whatever seats they desire and let them have them. If this leaves them with a smaller amount of tickets for the general public it's technically not their fault and better for them since they're guaranteeing occupancy in certain seats. I think the Yankees do treat their season ticket holders well for the most part (excluding ticket prices) and will continue to do so.

Now, if we can only get them to improve the people who answer to (718) 293-6000.....
    I understand your points but what I am afraid of is that since the new upper tier will be half the size of the current one and probably half of those seats will be boxes that there will not be enough seats left to seat all the current plan holders near their current locations. My seat is in Sec.1 and I am just hoping I am offered a seat between the bases in the new park.

NYYF Legend

Are you sure about this? Looking at the renderings and pics of the stadium, there seems to be a clear difference in the amount of foul territory.
    You're right, the foul territory is slightly different. Still, the upper decks will be pushed back a LOT from their current place.

It looks like prices for 2009 will not be increased again for 24,000 seats.

http://www.nj.com/columns/ledger/gra...l=1&thispage=2

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by rock

The article dosen't really say which seats will not be raised. Anyway how does charging 2009 prices for seats in 2008 saving the average fan money. It would have been much more fair to raise the tier reserved $3 this season and $5 more in 2009 than to have an $8 raise this season. And the Yankees could still decide to raise the price of those seats next season.

I am going to try to upgrade my C plan to something not in the upper deck. I hope this will give me a better location in 09. Also the seats will cost me $27 to sit in MVP section 1 of the Tier, I would rather spend another $20 or so, to sit in the loge or in the main reserved. I know the seats in section 1 are better but its the fact that I am spending almost $30 a ticket to sit in the upper deck.

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar

What's wrong with Joe Girardi?
    Dieting isn't a piece of cake.
    Nobody ever says "it's just a game" when their team is winning.
    "Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball" --Jacques Barzun

Quote Originally Posted by MassNYYfan
    Most of us can't afford any season tix, so boo to all of you.
    Yes you can. You just have to give up the HDTV.
    "Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball" --Jacques Barzun

Quote Originally Posted by rock

"We did our '09 prices before we did '08," Yankees chief operating officer Lonn Trost said. "Part of our philosophy was to start moving in that direction so somebody wasn't dealing with a huge increase all at once."
    As someone who sits in the new Tier Reserved MVP, I beg to differ.

Thread Information