+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Released Outright JavyVazquezIsSick's Avatar

Players that need to be traded

Decided to create a topic that doesn't involve Joe Torre, I apologize in advance.

1) Kei Igawa

His contract is extremely reasonable and he has absolutely no place on this team, IMO he can easily be moved. However, he has little to no value, maybe they start him in the minors and attempt to heighten interest. Maybe, they start him in the 5th spot. I'm not sure what the Yankees will do.

2) Mike Mussina

A lot of teams would be interested in Mike, he is a veteran, can potentially pitch extremely well, and has only one year left on his contract (At a pretty reasonable rate). I realize, he has a no-trade clause, but if Mike ever wants to get to 300, the choice will be easy for him, especially after the Yankees threaten to pitch him in the bullpen.

3) Jason Giambi

It would be nice. Everyone knows the issues, an absolutely enormous contract, health, and production? Who knows maybe a team takes a gamble if we throw in 10 mil?

4) Kyle Farnsworth

He has a year left (contract year) at 5.5 mil. He throws hard, has potential to be dominant, Yankees can throw the "He's not right for New York" thing at teams.

NYYF Triple Crown

Re: Players that need to be traded

I think it's silly to move Giambi. What are we going to get for him for one year? His contract's off the books after this year anyway.

I think we need either Moose or Igawa. I'd like to go into ST next year with Wang, Pettitte, Moose, Joba, Phil, Kennedy, and one more, from whom we choose 5. If we think Moose is not going to be at all valuable next year, I'd move him, but if he can even put up a 4.5 ERA in 180 innings, he could be useful.

i support everything you said
    I'm NO american born confused desi, but i love my yanks!

NYYF Legend

I'd actually like to keep Moose around for another year, you can never have enough pitching and I actually think he could bounce back a bit.

This is our future. JohnnyDamonfan's Avatar

1. Pavano (I mean honestly I know it's just a pipe dream but this guy needs to be traded more then anyone else on the whole damn roster)

2. Jason Giambi

3. Igawa

4. Rasner/Clippard

5. Farnsworth

Maybe we could package them all up for a deal with Santana and Liriano once he comes off the DL.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by JavyVazquezIsSick
    Decided to create a topic that doesn't involve Joe Torre, I apologize in advance.

1) Kei Igawa

His contract is extremely reasonable and he has absolutely no place on this team, IMO he can easily be moved. However, he has little to no value, maybe they start him in the minors and attempt to heighten interest. Maybe, they start him in the 5th spot. I'm not sure what the Yankees will do.

2) Mike Mussina

A lot of teams would be interested in Mike, he is a veteran, can potentially pitch extremely well, and has only one year left on his contract (At a pretty reasonable rate). I realize, he has a no-trade clause, but if Mike ever wants to get to 300, the choice will be easy for him, especially after the Yankees threaten to pitch him in the bullpen.

3) Jason Giambi

It would be nice. Everyone knows the issues, an absolutely enormous contract, health, and production? Who knows maybe a team takes a gamble if we throw in 10 mil?

4) Kyle Farnsworth

He has a year left (contract year) at 5.5 mil. He throws hard, has potential to be dominant, Yankees can throw the "He's not right for New York" thing at teams.
    Wow....we agree on something. Although Giambi is an albatrose at this point. I think we're stuck with him.

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDamonfan
    1. Pavano (I mean honestly I know it's just a pipe dream but this guy needs to be traded more then anyone else on the whole damn roster)

2. Jason Giambi

3. Igawa

4. Rasner/Clippard

5. Farnsworth

Maybe we could package them all up for a deal with Santana and Liriano once he comes off the DL.
    Pavano needs to retire.. No other team wants him.
    Pride Power Pinstripes

Mussina to the Mets for Lastings Milledge

Giambi to the Angels for Chone Figgins

Igawa,Farnsworth,Milledge,Kennedy to the Twins for Santana
    [IMG]http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m241/assedout/SBXLIICHAMPS.jpg[/IMG]

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by The Straw
    Mussina to the Mets for Lastings Milledge

Giambi to the Angels for Chone Figgins

Igawa,Farnsworth,Milledge,Kennedy to the Twins for Santana
    Would the Mets really trade Lastings for Mussina?
    Crush it with your mind vice.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

1) Kei Igawa

2) Mike Mussina

3) Jason Giambi

4) Kyle Farnsworth

DFA is the only way.
    Life is good!

Quote Originally Posted by Janttje
    Pavano's a FA, thank god. heh. maybe cashman will re-sign him

NYYF Triple Crown

Two beautiful rural acres in Windham, Maine

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Empire
    Would the Mets really trade Lastings for Mussina?
    Not unless we tossed in Hughes, Joba, or Kennedy.
    Yankee fan living in Maine.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by climbingspaz
    He isn't a free agent until after this season.

Released Outright JavyVazquezIsSick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    Wow....we agree on something.
    I love it when people start their replies to me like that.

This is our future. JohnnyDamonfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Janttje
    Like I said It's just a pipe dream. He needs to be traded. Now will we trade him? Most likely no.

I would love to trade Moose. And he might actually be decent for the Phils....

NYYF Legend

Joel Pineiro just signed a contract for 2 years/13 million. Moose has some value.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by In Mo I Trust
    Joel Pineiro just signed a contract for 2 years/13 million. Moose has some value.
    Only if we pick up at least half of his deal.
    Life is good!

Quote Originally Posted by apalradio
    Not unless we tossed in Hughes, Joba, or Kennedy.
    Not in this lifetime The Mets are starving for Pitching and Moose's expiring contract makes him very valuable.
    [IMG]http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m241/assedout/SBXLIICHAMPS.jpg[/IMG]

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by climbingspaz
    After 2008. He will still earn a paycheck sitting on the DL this year.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by PaulieIsAwesome
    I think it's silly to move Giambi. What are we going to get for him for one year? His contract's off the books after this year anyway.

I think we need either Moose or Igawa. I'd like to go into ST next year with Wang, Pettitte, Moose, Joba, Phil, Kennedy, and one more, from whom we choose 5. If we think Moose is not going to be at all valuable next year, I'd move him, but if he can even put up a 4.5 ERA in 180 innings, he could be useful.
    You can say that again. If Moose did put up numbers like that it would be more then awesome. Hell I would even be more then happy if he put up a 5 run era while eating up those many innings.

NYYF Triple Crown

STL, MO--Supposedly Baseball Heaven, but I'll take the Bronx over STL anyday

I think it would be very hard to trade these guys unless you are willing to pick up a ton of salary. How much do the Yankees want to pay players to play for other teams? I think we're going to have to ride it out for 2008 until the money comes off the books.

NYYF Legend

1) Kei Igawa

2) Mike Mussina

3) Jason Giambi

4) Kyle Farnsworth

The only one I agree with right now is Giambi. Why?

1. Kei Igawa - the guy throws lefthanded and has the ability to strike people out. I would give him a little more time as he makes the adjustment. He could contribute this year, believe it or not.

2. Mike Mussina (love walk year players) - with 3 rookies in the starting rotation on innings cap, we'll need a veteran to give us 30 starts and 180-190 IP in addition to Andy Pettitte. There's no reason Mussina cannot throw a 4.50 ERA and provide QS. Over the span of 162 games, he can be helpful. In the postseason, only in relif.

3. Kyle Farnsworth (yet another walk year player) - similar to the same situation with Mussina. Veteran, has the best stuff in that bullpen outside of Rivera. Worth the gamble.
    GO YANKS
    1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 20, 23, 32, 37, 42, 44, 46, 49, 51

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by GoRocket
    Only if we pick up at least half of his deal.
    I don't think we'd have to pick up half of it. Even if they ate just two or three million, Moose at $8 million for one year would have some appeal to NL teams IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulieIsAwesome
    After 2008. He will still earn a paycheck sitting on the DL this year.
    i guess that was just wishful thinking. i wonder if the other yankees players hope they keep him around for sloppy seconds.

Thread Information