+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: TV show advice

NYYF Triple Crown

Re: TV show advice

LOST...watch Lost you will get wrapped up in that for a few months, it's amazingly written. Buy the DVD's you won't regret it...

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Octoberbaby
    I also like Desperate Housewives, forgot about that one.

I am looking forward to Nip/Tuck with their move to Beverly Hills this year, should be funny.
    Yeah, I can't wait for Nip/Tuck.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

A simple observation - some of you people watch way too much television. You should spend more time on the internet.

NYYF Legend

NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs
    A simple observation - some of you people watch way too much television. You should spend more time on the internet.
    Yeah you can pick and choose what you wanna watch and when.
    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Yeah, I'm definitely straight, but I might have made an exception for him.

NYYF Legend

Los Angeles, Ca., a transplanted New Yorker

Quote Originally Posted by powerpinstripes
    You know what, the past couple of evenings I have been bored btw the 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm timeframe. That was when I usually watched YES Pregame leading into the first couple of innings of the Game. Plus its dark out now and that s*cks. I usually don't get a chance to watch regular TV until about the 9 to 11 timeframe. Here are some of my favorites, but I don't consider anything anymore a can't miss (since Sopranos). If I am awake and home I watch, if not no taping no stressing, its only TV.

CSI-Miami
    Grey's Anatomy
    Nip/Tuck (can't wait for the season to start)
    Rescue Me (had no idea that was the season finale a couple of weeks ago)
    ER
    Private Practice (watchable but not 100 % crazy about yet)
    Desperate Housewives
    Brothers & Sisters.

I do tape General Hospital and have been trying to catch up with it on the weekend via SoapNet. Now with no Yanks, I will probably have more time to stay on top of it.
    Around 6:30 to 7:30 I was usually still watching the game since I am on Pacific Time so I am really missing that.

The ones on your list that I must tape if I can't see them are Nip/Tuck and Rescue Me (I'm bummed it is over for the season).

I also tape GH but if I missed one I know it will be re aired on SoapNet's weekend marathon. BTW, after this week's marathon they will be playing two back to back vintage Brenda episodes if you are interested. I should probably post this in the GH thread too.

28 in '12

NYYF Legend

Los Angeles, Ca., a transplanted New Yorker

Oh I forgot to mention Mad Men! This show is so good and gets better with every episode. The season ends with next weeks show but they do have it in On Demand so anyone who has On Demand can see it there.

28 in '12

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Octoberbaby
    Around 6:30 to 7:30 I was usually still watching the game since I am on Pacific Time so I am really missing that.

The ones on your list that I must tape if I can't see them are Nip/Tuck and [b[Rescue Me (I'm bummed it is over for the season).[/b]

I also tape GH but if I missed one I know it will be re aired on SoapNet's weekend marathon. BTW, after this week's marathon they will be playing two back to back vintage Brenda episodes if you are interested. I should probably post this in the GH thread too.
    Did it seem like a really short season to you? To me, the finale was here before I knew it.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

The only can't miss I watch is One Tree Hill. Chad Michael Murray does it for me.

Anyone watch a show called My Boys on TBS? The main character is a reporter for the Cubs and relates things to baseball. The first season was ok, but instead of getting better after season one it slowly got worse.
    -Ashley

"I'm very proud of my area around the plate. I don't want anyone messing with my dirt." - Jorge Posada

NYYF Legend

Anything on National Geographic or Civilizations network.......Scream tv a close 2nd...

"Happy Wife.........Happy Life" - unknown

oooo... The Deadliest Catch- those fools are CRAZY!
    -Ashley

"I'm very proud of my area around the plate. I don't want anyone messing with my dirt." - Jorge Posada

Quote Originally Posted by PosadaGirl
    The only can't miss I watch is One Tree Hill. Chad Michael Murray does it for me.

Cheating on Sophia Bush with Paris Hilton makes him the biggest moron on the planet.

As for TV shows to watch... If you havent gotten into LOST, I suggest that you rent the DVD's and catch up. Its the best show on TV.

theres a little known show on FX called It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. It has a cult following but I think it's ................ing hysterical.

[quote=CanoForPresident]Cheating on Sophia Bush with Paris Hilton makes him the biggest moron on the planet.
    [quote]

CMM is a jerk... not only did he cheat but with Paris Hilton!

I guess I should say Lucas Scott does it for me!
    -Ashley

NYYF Legend

How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Chuck, Nip/Tuck, Ugly Betty, Mad Men, My Name Is Earl, Eureka, Bionic Woman, Monk, Psych, Doctor Who, Hotel Babylon, Dirty Sexy Money... I'm sure there's more.

No love for Chuck?

The show is pretty funny and always has hot chicks in it.

And ya know what, I am going to admit. I've been watching Gossip Girl too.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

Anyone watch a show called My Boys on TBS? The main character is a reporter for the Cubs and relates things to baseball. The first season was ok, but instead of getting better after season one it slowly got worse.
    I tried watching the pilot episode. Gave up after about 20 mins.

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by gdn
    How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Chuck, Nip/Tuck, Ugly Betty, Mad Men, My Name Is Earl, Eureka, Bionic Woman, Monk, Psych, Doctor Who, Hotel Babylon, Dirty Sexy Money... I'm sure there's more.
    Watch much tv?!

This show really disappointed me. I was excited for it, but it pretty much stunk. I am surprised it came back for another season.
    Dawn

I forgot to add Psych and Monk to my list. Both shows are great. Same with Burn Notice.

I love Doctor Who!

Haven't been watching too much TV. Only things I watch are, The Office, Greys, House, Pushing Daisies and Weeds.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by twinks34
    I love Doctor Who!

Haven't been watching too much TV. Only things I watch are, The Office, Greys, House, Pushing Daisies and Weeds.
    How is 'Pushing Daisies'?
    Crush it with your mind vice.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Empire
    How is 'Pushing Daisies'?
    So far, I really like it. It's very, very cute. It's clever and it has a random and weird moments but it just makes the show cuter. yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee
    No love for Chuck?

Haha are you a Josh Schwartz fan? He created both of those shows.

Not a huge fan of Gossip Girl but Chuck is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee
    No love for Chuck?

I'm enjoying Chuck. I wouldn't say it's one of my favorites or anything, but I'm watching.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

RIP, Pete.

Anyone watch Big Shots? I was excited for it but after an episode and a half... I'm not a fan.
    -Ashley

NYYF Legend

NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

For the fans of Chuck...did you guys catch the LOST reference in the second episode? I was cracking up.
    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Yeah, I'm definitely straight, but I might have made an exception for him.

Thread Information