+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 154

Thread: TV show advice

  1. #51

    Re: TV show advice

    Despite my resolution to not get into the reality TV shows, I am totally addicted to The Biggest Loser. I just started watching it this season. I also LOVE Kitchen Nightmares with that chef from Hell's Kitchen. What a character that guy is!! I want to try his restaurant in NY and see how good the food is.

    And I cannot wait for American Idol to start again in January.

  2. #52
    #notonemore Big_E's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

    Re: TV show advice

    I have been watching Californication too...this last episode ticked me off. He gets carjacked and doesn't take the manuscript? He doesn't make a copy for himself, but his ex-lover's fiancee's daughter has one? And in the coming attractions passes it off as her own?

    Moron. I can see myself giving up on this show, despite the gratuitious sex.

    BTW - the 16 year old girl...is the little girl from The Nanny, all grown up. (she's really 22)

    http://imdb.com/name/nm0956526/

    Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

  3. #53

    Re: TV show advice

    The Girls Next Door is the apex of TV shows
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee
    Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?


  4. #54
    NYYF Triple Crown

    PaulieIsAwesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC

    Re: TV show advice

    Quote Originally Posted by Big_E
    I have been watching Californication too...this last episode ticked me off. He gets carjacked and doesn't take the manuscript? He doesn't make a copy for himself, but his ex-lover's fiancee's daughter has one? And in the coming attractions passes it off as her own?

    Moron. I can see myself giving up on this show, despite the gratuitious sex.

    BTW - the 16 year old girl...is the little girl from The Nanny, all grown up. (she's really 22)

    http://imdb.com/name/nm0956526/
    I agree entirely, the show is a little unrealistic. Also, the girl from the Nanny is very hot.

  5. #55
    WHO THE F CHANGED MY CUT? johnnyyankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Dix Hills, N.Y.

    Re: TV show advice

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23
    Friends was hilarious.

    Until they turned Chandler into a pussy.
    I'm just a simple guy, I live from day to day.
    A ray of sunshine melts my frown, blows my blues away.

  6. #56
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    lil'rhody

    Re: TV show advice

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulieIsAwesome
    Is How I Met your Mother as good as people say? I might try to watch some old eps when I get the time if so.
    It's really funny. The whole cast works well together. Plus last year I was planning a wedding so a lot of it was almost written for us.

    Vicki...please do me a favor and watch 30 Rock. By far, the funniest show on TV now.

    Rent/buy seasons 1-3 of Lost. Don't worry, you'll watch them each in a week.

    Dirty Jobs is fun to pass the time, and after the new year we can look forward to Deadliest Catch...IMO the only reality show worth a damn.

  7. #57

    Re: TV show advice

    The Wire is probably the greatest TV show ever.

    I like Office and 30 Rock, also Dexter and Weeds. Project Runway starts soon. And of course I love New York!! Also I've heard good things about It's Always Sunny and Ugly Betty, but I haven't seen either. And I started Lost but stopped when friends told me the show fell off. I also know a few die-hard Heroes fans, so I watched a couple episodes. Can't really comment on it yet. Good premise, but typical network tv so far.

  8. #58
    one of the few nyy fans in az yankeesfaninaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ (originally from Queens, NY)

    Re: TV show advice

    dancing with the starts
    Are you smarter than a 5th grader-Th and Fr nights on FOX
    Kitchen nightmares-Wed nights on FOX
    My name is Tracy and I am a female

  9. #59
    NYYF HOF


    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    New York

    Re: TV show advice

    Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    Well I watch the Yankees games/the YES network, ESPN (sometimes) and 24. I've seen The Office too. Other than that I don't watch any tv. And suggestions on good tv shows to watch for the next 5 or 6 months?
    FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS! One of the best shows on tv, easily. I'm really liking Private Practice too, it's a spin off of Grey's Anatomy. Good so far.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23
    Let's Go Rangers!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam18
    Its morphin time!


    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23
    Friends was hilarious.
    Friends was awesome. My favorite show ever.

  10. #60
    NYYF Legend

    Octoberbaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, Ca., a transplanted New Yorker

    Re: TV show advice

    Dexter on Showtime just started and it is a great show. Nip/Tuck is starting their new season on October 30.

    28 in '12

  11. #61
    NYYF Legend

    Octoberbaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, Ca., a transplanted New Yorker

    Re: TV show advice

    Quote Originally Posted by b-ball-lunachick
    ahh, funny you ask this Vick...

    We are members at Blockbuster so we get so many movies a month free..so we were recently looking for a new tv show to watch and catch up on a few seasons like we did with Lost--- it's great -- no commercials and four episodes or so on each CD...

    We decide to get Rescue Me...it's extremely well written -- characters will make you hate them one minute and love them the next -- they humanize them even in their darkest moments, much like the Sopranos...

    We're now up to the middle of Season 2 and there are some dark episodes for sure but not too bad..last night, I got home from a REALLY stressful day at work, dealt with some really bad family stuff that's going on (why i missed the last yankee game of the year) and had just come from getting an MRI on my thumb -- where I spent an HOUR in that thing -- only to watch an episode of Rescue me as an escape from this stress...well, it was a TRAGIC episode and I never saw it coming...ugh...

    I was balling my eyes out...the b/f doesn't really understand why i cry or get down when it's just a show with characters.

    Anyway, after this way too long story -- I'd recommend you stay away from Rescue Me unless you want a heavy drama -- then I highly recommend it.
    Rescue Me is great and I think I know which episode you are talking about. I still love it even with the heavy drama.

    28 in '12

  12. #62
    NYYF Legend

    Octoberbaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, Ca., a transplanted New Yorker

    Re: TV show advice

    Quote Originally Posted by ALR83
    FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS! One of the best shows on tv, easily. I'm really liking Private Practice too, it's a spin off of Grey's Anatomy. Good so far.
    Yeah, forgot about Friday Night Lights. I like that show too.

    I also just started watching the new show called Cane with Jimmy Smits. Very sexy and good acting too. I like it so far.

    28 in '12

  13. #63

    Re: TV show advice

    Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    Well I watch the Yankees games/the YES network, ESPN (sometimes) and 24. I've seen The Office too. Other than that I don't watch any tv. And suggestions on good tv shows to watch for the next 5 or 6 months?
    Tues: Bones and House
    Wed: Kitchen Nightmares and Criminal Minds

    There is also this new show on called Jouryman. I've seen it a couple of times and it's pretty good too!

  14. #64
    NYYF Legend

    4bronxbombers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

    Re: TV show advice

    Quote Originally Posted by MCB12
    Tues: Bones and House
    Wed: Kitchen Nightmares and Criminal Minds

    There is also this new show on called Jouryman. I've seen it a couple of times and it's pretty good too!
    What is Kitchen Nightmares about? I've never heard of that one before.

  15. #65

    Re: TV show advice

    Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    What is Kitchen Nightmares about? I've never heard of that one before.
    Have you ever seen the show Hells Kitchen? It's the same guy Gordon Ramsey and he goes into (at lest so far) these restaurants in New York and they are really nasty! He usually goes in and fixes whats it all up and turns the place around.
    It really makes you think twice about were you go out to eat!

  16. #66
    NYYF Cy Young

    ksison's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Jersey City, NJ

    Re: TV show advice

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark19
    Get HBO, Entourage is a good program and I hear that the Wire is also really impressive.
    entourage = favorite show

    all i watch is entourage, sopranos, and sports.
    NYK // NYG // NYY

  17. #67
    ... destelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Red Bank, NJ

    Re: TV show advice

    Quote Originally Posted by ALR83
    FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS! One of the best shows on tv, easily.
    forgot about this show - thanks for reminding me - it starts tomorrow - wahoo!!
    must remember to DVR the series...
    Dawn

  18. #68
    NYYF Legend

    Dr. Gonzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    zamunda

    Re: TV show advice

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark19
    Get HBO, Entourage is a good program and I hear that the Wire is also really impressive.
    the wire is the best show on tv since the classic simpsons years (seasons 3-8). Oz is also great. And what is great here is that you so many seasons to catch up on.

    The office,
    my name is earl keeps my attention
    nova on pbs
    frontline also on pbs


    sorry but I loathe entourage.

  19. #69
    NYYF Legend

    krystl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Westchester NY

    Re: TV show advice

    Quote Originally Posted by Octoberbaby
    Rescue Me is great and I think I know which episode you are talking about. I still love it even with the heavy drama.
    Rescue Me is one of my favorite shows. It can be heavy at times, but not all the time. In fact, it's the way they deal with heavy stuff in a funny way (except for the episode you're talking about) that makes it so great.

    Nip/Tuck is also great. I recommend renting the first few seasons. The first was the best IMO.

    Now I watch Gray's Anatomy, Private Practice, House, Bones, Survivor, Kid Nation, Ghost Whisperer, Las Vegas, Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters.
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

  20. #70
    NYYF Triple Crown

    TinoFan84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The Evil Empire

    Re: TV show advice

    If I had to narrow it down to just a few (yes, I watch entirely too much TV) I'd recommend Bones, NCIS, The Unit, Friday Night Lights.



    This chick digs the long ball

  21. #71

    Re: TV show advice

    Read more. I wish I had the discipline to do that.
    I'm too smooth you'll never see me comin', I'm never in a hurry I'm just movin' fast...

  22. #72
    NYYF Legend

    Octoberbaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, Ca., a transplanted New Yorker

    Re: TV show advice

    Quote Originally Posted by destelle
    forgot about this show - thanks for reminding me - it starts tomorrow - wahoo!!
    must remember to DVR the series...
    It started last week. I saw it. If you missed the first show you can watch it online.

    28 in '12

  23. #73
    NYYF Legend

    Octoberbaby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, Ca., a transplanted New Yorker

    Re: TV show advice

    Quote Originally Posted by krystl
    Rescue Me is one of my favorite shows. It can be heavy at times, but not all the time. In fact, it's the way they deal with heavy stuff in a funny way (except for the episode you're talking about) that makes it so great.

    Nip/Tuck is also great. I recommend renting the first few seasons. The first was the best IMO.

    Now I watch Gray's Anatomy, Private Practice, House, Bones, Survivor, Kid Nation, Ghost Whisperer, Las Vegas, Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters.
    I also like Desperate Housewives, forgot about that one.

    I am looking forward to Nip/Tuck with their move to Beverly Hills this year, should be funny.

    28 in '12

  24. #74
    ... destelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Red Bank, NJ

    Re: TV show advice

    Quote Originally Posted by Octoberbaby
    It started last week. I saw it. If you missed the first show you can watch it online.
    oh crap ... i will definitely watch it online today - thanks for the reminder!!
    Dawn

  25. #75
    NYYF MVP

    powerpinstripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North Jersey

    Re: TV show advice

    You know what, the past couple of evenings I have been bored btw the 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm timeframe. That was when I usually watched YES Pregame leading into the first couple of innings of the Game. Plus its dark out now and that s*cks. I usually don't get a chance to watch regular TV until about the 9 to 11 timeframe. Here are some of my favorites, but I don't consider anything anymore a can't miss (since Sopranos). If I am awake and home I watch, if not no taping no stressing, its only TV.

    CSI-Miami
    Grey's Anatomy
    Nip/Tuck (can't wait for the season to start)
    Rescue Me (had no idea that was the season finale a couple of weeks ago)
    ER
    Private Practice (watchable but not 100 % crazy about yet)
    Desperate Housewives
    Brothers & Sisters.

    I do tape General Hospital and have been trying to catch up with it on the weekend via SoapNet. Now with no Yanks, I will probably have more time to stay on top of it.
    Powerpinstripes-LL-K's18CA-06/17/78

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts