+ Reply to Thread
Page 492 of 627 FirstFirst ... 392 442 482 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 502 542 592 ... LastLast
Results 12,276 to 12,300 of 15670

Re: The "I just saw a movie that doesn't warrant its own thread" (Version 2.0)

Yeah I contacted a mod in regards to changing it. I'm sure a lot of are gonna want to discuss it, without spoilers of any sort of course
    Twenty Seven and Counting.

NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

Alright, alright, alright... Big_E's Avatar
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

i knew full metal jacket had to be #1, though i expected good morning vietnam to be there too

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

The Marx Brothers should be in there somewhere. Of course, they improvised and ad-libbed so constantly in all of their movies that it would be hard to pick a single line or scene.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

"Beasts of The Southern Wild" an excellent film.
    No Rally Monkeys, Towels or hankies
    Just 50,000 fans of the New York Yankees.

Just saw spiderman and a few things kinda got in the way of me enjoying the movie as much as I could have...
    1 - oscorp guy trying to use the serum on the vets. This whole plot line disappears off the face of the movie, after driving the plot for the first 1/3 of the movie. First movie did this better.
    2 - uncle Ben dies, and there's like 5 seconds of Sally fields crying. Nothing else between aunt may and Peter? He ignores his aunt and doesn't even talk to Gwen about his guilt for getting his uncle killed? They explore him going after the guy, but not owning up to it being his fault. First movie did this better.
    3 - when the first movie failed to properly execut the Gwen Stacey paradox, I was annoyed. To time she was an actual character in the movie and they still screwed it up. I hope they kill her in the next one.
    "If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."

Just watched "Martha Marcy May Marlene"...bonkers

Quote Originally Posted by wexy View Post
    "Beasts of The Southern Wild" an excellent film.
    Just saw this today. What an amazingly wonderful film. E

Easily the best movie of the year thus far, and the girl that played Hushpuppy better get an Oscar nomination.

Just watched "Martha Marcy May Marlene"...bonkers
    This might bet the best movie of last year. Let me also recommend Higher Ground to you IC4. I think you would appreciate it.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

Life of Pi trailer#1.. CG Tiger/CG Water

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mMN6...e_gdata_player

Matthew McConaughey in an NC-17 rated movie:

http://killerjoethemovie.com/
    "I usually try to plan my bowel movements before I shower."
    -- fredgmuggs

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post

I'm glad. Maybe he can show his true side of acting. I have noticed he has talent when he plays in serious and unromatic comedy like roles. I refuse to make fun of him until he proves or disproves his true acting ability in a movie like this. He's been type casted, probably his own fault, but if he can get out of that heartthrob crap and into something real it would be cool. Just like Ryan Gosling. I like him a lot as an actor when he's not doing romantic crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I'm glad. Maybe he can show his true side of acting. I have noticed he has talent when he plays in serious and unromatic comedy like roles. I refuse to make fun of him until he proves or disproves his true acting ability in a movie like this. He's been type casted, probably his own fault, but if he can get out of that heartthrob crap and into something real it would be cool. Just like Ryan Gosling. I like him a lot as an actor when he's not doing romantic crap.
    Like A Time To Kill? He was pretty good in that. I admit that I like to look at him, too.
    "I usually try to plan my bowel movements before I shower."
    -- fredgmuggs

Here's a picture from the screening of Killer Joe:

He's lost weight for his next role as an AIDS patient. He says he still has 15 pounds to go.
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

Matt Damon does a killer Matthew McConaughey imitation.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF Legend

NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

Matthew McConaughey was superb in Amistad.
    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Yeah, I'm definitely straight, but I might have made an exception for him.

A time to kill

Lincoln lawyer
    "If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."

I watched four movies this weekend. 2 of which I really wanted to comment on. Children of Men and The Objective.

How it took me this long to watch Children of Men annoys me. I had heard all the hype and I always meant to pick it up but always found something more interesting to me. What a tremendous movie, worthy of all the good press it got.

The Objective. This is a movie I had never heard of, saw a trailer, I don't even know if it was hyped at all anywhere. However I picked it up because, well, the premise of the movie is right up my alley. If you are into sci-fi, this is a must see movie, I assure you. It's an IFC movie so don't count on seeing tremendous acting or special effects, but the story, awesome.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0962711/

The other two movies were Suspiria and The Devil Inside. Both were entertaining but nothing special. For all the credit Suspiria gets in the horror genre, I was actually a little disappointed.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Like A Time To Kill? He was pretty good in that. I admit that I like to look at him, too.
    He was awesome in "Frailty" too. Surprised Steve hasn't seen that. Really worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by bcom33 View Post
    Moonrise Kingdom was freaking spectacular. Best Wes Anderson movie yet, and probably the most Wes Anderson-ish of his movies.
    I finally saw this. I liked it, but not nearly as much as Rushmore, and probably not as much as The Fantastic Mr. Fox, either.

The girl was exceptionally good, as were Edward Norton and Bruce Willis. I didn't much like Bill Murray in this one.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    He was awesome in "Frailty" too. Surprised Steve hasn't seen that. Really worth watching.
    I have. Like I said in my original post, I believe him to be a much better actor than his type cast in romantic comedies. He's seen as more of a heart throb guy than a serious actor by most, no? If I'm wrong then great, because that's not how I see him. But I usually notice a chuckle when I talk about a movie he has the lead in or a major character.

I have. Like I said in my original post, I believe him to be a much better actor than his type cast in romantic comedies. He's seen as more of a heart throb guy than a serious actor by most, no? If I'm wrong then great, because that's not how I see him. But I usually notice a chuckle when I talk about a movie he has the lead in or a major character.
    I think you're right about how he's seen by most, but on the flip side, he probably makes a lot more money off of those typecast run of the mill romantic comedies than he does off his more serious work, and it probably allows him more freedom in more serious work, too. Much as we may dislike them, in a lot of cases, bad and mediocre movies like your bad Matt M. romcom or your mediocre special effects extravaganza of the week are what allow many good movies to get made. (Of course, it's also possible to make movies that are very profitable and are also very good. It's just harder to do, since you need to get both parts of the equation down.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

RIP, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    I think you're right about how he's seen by most, but on the flip side, he probably makes a lot more money off of those typecast run of the mill romantic comedies than he does off his more serious work, and it probably allows him more freedom in more serious work, too. Much as we may dislike them, in a lot of cases, bad and mediocre movies like your bad Matt M. romcom or your mediocre special effects extravaganza of the week are what allow many good movies to get made. (Of course, it's also possible to make movies that are very profitable and are also very good. It's just harder to do, since you need to get both parts of the equation down.
    Kind of like Bruce Willis, who makes huge amounts of money in Bruce Willis movies, then shows up in cheap independent movies to show how fine an actor he is.
    - Barry Manilow

NYYF MVP

My gf feels the same way about him as you do.

She thinks it's because, unlike Gosling, he never really completely left the romantic comedy/heart-throb stuff behind.

She's probably on to something there. Just look at his resume from the last 6 years: The Lincoln Lawyer, Failure to Launch, Tropic Thunder, We Are Marshall, Ghosts of Girlfriends Past, Magic Mike...

One or two gems mixed in with a bunch of rom-com throwaways.
    28 in 2014

I now have this mental picture of Steve switching back and forth between some awful sci-fi slasher movie and the Wedding Planner on his typical Saturday afternoon of tv viewing.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I now have this mental picture of Steve switching back and forth between some awful sci-fi slasher movie and the Wedding Planner on his typical Saturday afternoon of tv viewing.
    I think it's safe to say that I will never see The Wedding Planner.
    - Barry Manilow

Thread Information