+ Reply to Thread
Page 484 of 632 FirstFirst ... 384 434 474 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 494 534 584 ... LastLast
Results 12,076 to 12,100 of 15788
    NYYF Legend

Re: The "I just saw a movie that doesn't warrant its own thread" (Version 2.0)

Quote Originally Posted by Soriambi View Post
    I saw it out of morbid curiosity more than anything else. If you can get past the overwhelming stupidity of the premise and execution, there are some entertaining moments, but it's awfully hard to get past the stupidity. I would definitely classify it as a pretty bad movie, though its visual style is often impressive (though in some action scenes there was two much going on) and the cast/acting was better than the movie deserved. The cast deserves credit for totally selling out to the material and giving it their all despite the absolute ridiculousness of it. They probably couldn't have read the lines any better, but unfortunately the lines are often so awful that no one could have pulled them off.

I have a feeling there will be a certain group of people who really really like the movie, but I'm not sure who they'll be. It's definitely memorable if nothing else. I'd probably recommend avoiding it or waiting until it's on TV unless you're really in love with the premise.
    Did Booth bump him off in the movie? If not, he could join the cast of the next Avengers flick.
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
    [/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by JfromJersey View Post
    Did Booth bump him off in the movie? If not, he could join the cast of the next Avengers flick.
    No, he didn't. The movie ended with Lincoln about to leave for the theater.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

RIP, Pete.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Oh God I hope this is a joke.

http://www.examiner.com/article/the-...ki-2-the-works

he Dude Abides! The long awaited sequel to the 1998 cult classic The Big Lebowski begins filming this October.

The weed smoking bowler is coming back with a new adventure and "The Dude" is bringing all his friends along for the ride. Jeff Bridges returns as The Dude along with with his right hand man Walter Sobchak played by the talented John Goodman.

This time the guys have to save their bowling alley from getting closed down to make room for a parking garage. The new garage is being erected by the corrupt land owner Bavarian Illuminati played by Bill Murray.

The Dude and Walter then decide to seek out the help of The Dudeís only son Mark Lebowski played by Jesse Eisenberg. Mark Lebowski is the youngest congressman in the history of the United States at 18-years-old, and the complete opposite of his father. So the guys head to Washington to help stop the plans of leveling their favorite hang out, but they'll have to get some help from some old friends.

Jesus Quintana (John Turturro), bowling enemy of Walter and The Dude, team up with the guys to help stop the evil Bavarian Illuminati plans. Also returning is Philip Seymour Hoffman as Brandt, Julianne Moore as Maude Lebowski and possibly Tara Reid as Bunny Lebowski. The film was written by the Coen brothers Joel and Ethan, and directed by Joel Coen.

The Big Lebowski 2: The Dude Goes To Washington is scheduled to be released sometime in 2015.

37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

"Mark Lebowski is the youngest congressman in the history of the United States at 18-years-old..."

Yeah I know this is fiction, but you still need to be 25 to be elected to the House, and 30 to be a Senator...

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

Quote Originally Posted by Big_E View Post
    "Mark Lebowski is the youngest congressman in the history of the United States at 18-years-old..."

Yeah I know this is fiction, but you still need to be 25 to be elected to the House, and 30 to be a Senator...
    I really think this is a fake story. Jesse Eisenberg is over 25 so there's no reason to make that big a factual mistake - especially if the Cohen's are behind it.

NYYF Legend

Technically, you have to be 25 for the house and 30 for the Senate to be sworn in, not to be elected. (See: Biden, Joe)

Quote Originally Posted by RYMASTER or Ryan_Yankees View Post
    Technically, you have to be 25 for the house and 30 for the Senate to be sworn in, not to be elected. (See: Biden, Joe)
    Well, yes, but you can't wait 7 years to be sworn in, either...

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    I really think this is a fake story. Jesse Eisenberg is over 25 so there's no reason to make that big a factual mistake - especially if the Cohen's are behind it.
    He's 29.

But The Dude did not have a kid in the first movie, IIRC. For him to be 25 now, he'd have to have been 8 in the original film. Even to be 18 in 2015, he would have had to have been a year old when the original was shot.

He's 29.

But The Dude did not have a kid in the first movie, IIRC. For him to be 25 now, he'd have to have been 8 in the original film. Even to be 18 in 2015, he would have had to have been a year old when the original was shot.
    Love child he didn't know about?
    "If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/cd1...with-tara-reid

I think that's the closest anyone's come to actually making such a thing.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

It's getting picked up elsewhere (the story), but I think they've been duped. It reads like a total fake story to me, and not even a well done one. Too many red flags.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

RIP, Pete.

NYYF Cy Young

The Bob Loblaw Law Blog

Some movies are not meant to have sequels.
    Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Some movies are not meant to have sequels.
    That hasn't always stopped them.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post

Quote Originally Posted by theDurk View Post
    Yeah I know. It's unfortunate.
    Thank you, 2013-2014 New York Rangers for a great season!

NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Just saw "Ted". One movie where all the best moments are not in the previews. One of the funniest movies I have seen in years.
    Life is good!

We went to see "Brave" yesterday. It was good, but not great or magical. I liked that the trailer didn't give away a lot of the plot - the whole 2nd half isn't mentioned in the trailer at all. So like I said, it was a good movie, but not a great Pixar movie on par with WallE, TS3, or Incredibles (or the 1st half of Up).

Saw "Chronicle" the other night and really enjoyed it...pretty entertaining movie

NYYF Cy Young

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    Just saw "Ted". One movie where all the best moments are not in the previews. One of the funniest movies I have seen in years.

Just saw this last night...absolutely loved it. Might actually go see it again...very funny movie.

Any see/going to see the Amazing Spider Man? I was really against it hwen I heard about it, but the previews looked good and I think Garfield/Stone are much better actors and fit for the roles than Maguire/Dunst ever were.

Then, I read this review and now I'm on the fence again. I definitely won't pay extra for 3D on this one.

http://www.pajiba.com/film_reviews/t...-let-me-be.php

So much of Webbís film feels perfunctory, as if he signed on not to make a movie but to provide Marvel and Columbia with certain number of set pieces choreographed with a very familiar rhythm, all while doing his best to stay within the very narrow confines of an origin story we all saw play out on FX last Saturday afternoon. Itís a testament to Webbís vision and commitment that heís able to carve out a few good moments in the film, largely tied to the relationship between Spider-Man/Peter Parker and his love interest, Gwen Stacy. Yet those moments feel trapped in a film thatís surprisingly rote, from the laziest 3-D Iíve ever seen to some of the clumsiest exposition since, well, a few weeks ago. Parts of Webbís film show real promise, and itís those moments I hope heís able to return to in the inevitable sequel. Because thatís what The Amazing Spider-Man is, more than anything: place-setting for a better, fresher, more exciting movie.

I finally got around to seeing Prometheus. I thought it was a lot of fun. Probably didn't live up to my hopes for the film, but I enjoyed it a lot anyway.

Cool beans? Did we just transport back to 1987?
    For me, that phrase was big in 1997.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    I'm enjoying the book. I mean you have to go in suspending reality and willing to deal with historical inaccuracies, but I think it's great.
    As long as they know that D-Day involved dropping the A-bomb, then it's all good.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980 View Post
    As long as they know that D-Day involved dropping the A-bomb, then it's all good.
    And that the world will be coming to an end on 12/21/11.
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    And that the world will be coming to an end on 12/21/11.
    Naturally that, too.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Thread Information