+ Reply to Thread
Page 463 of 626 FirstFirst ... 363 413 453 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 473 513 563 ... LastLast
Results 11,551 to 11,575 of 15640
    Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

Re: The "I just saw a movie that doesn't warrant its own thread" (Version 2.0)

Quote Originally Posted by krystl View Post

My middle school history teacher had a homemade vodka distillery in the closet in the classroom.
    Wow! Middle school?
    2014 - New Team, New Result

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

American Reunion was awesome! if you liked any of or all of the first three...you will like this one

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteYankee View Post
    Wow! Middle school?
    Yes! 8th grade! I don't remember thinking anything odd about it back then. I can't even recall if it had anything to do with our lessons. I could see if it was science class, but history? I know it was made from potatoes. Not sure if we tasted it or not. It was a long time ago!
    You know you're an addict when you put Crackbook on your Crackberry. -Toaderly

NYYF Legend

Just picked up World War Z from the Library. I see they are making it into a movie. Hopefully it's a good one.
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I ended up where I need to be.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GiambiRocks View Post
    Just picked up World War Z from the Library. I see they are making it into a movie. Hopefully it's a good one.
    It's going to suck. It's basically just using the title of the book.

Alright, alright, alright... Big_E's Avatar
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

That sucks...my son loves that book

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    It's going to suck. It's basically just using the title of the book.
    Good cast though. Brad Pitt, Bryan Cranston, James Badge Dale, Matthew Fox...

I am hopeful.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

Quote Originally Posted by NYDCYankee View Post
    Good cast though. Brad Pitt, Bryan Cranston, James Badge Dale, Matthew Fox...

I am hopeful.
    Yeah could be a good zombie plague movie, but it's not going to be like World War Z the book.

Movie synopsis:
    A U.N. employee is racing against time and fate, as he travels the world trying to stop the outbreak of a deadly Zombie pandemic.
    Book synopsis:
    Max Brooks, driven by the urgency of preserving the acid-etched first-hand experiences of the survivors from those apocalyptic years, traveled across the United States of America and throughout the world, from decimated cities that once teemed with upwards of thirty million souls to the most remote and inhospitable areas of the planet. He recorded the testimony of men, women, and sometimes children who came face-to-face with the living, or at least the undead, hell of that dreadful time. World War Z is the result. Never before have we had access to a document that so powerfully conveys the depth of fear and horror, and also the ineradicable spirit of resistance, that gripped human society through the plague years.

I know I read the book.

I actually think it is virtually impossible to make WWZ a movie close to the book because of the way WWZ is written.

I know I read the book.

I actually think it is virtually impossible to make WWZ a movie close to the book because of the way WWZ is written.
    You're right, but then don't call this movie WWZ.

You're right, but then don't call this movie WWZ.
    Fair enough I guess. But then they run the risk of making a movie that is ripping off of WWZ.

Fair enough I guess. But then they run the risk of making a movie that is ripping off of WWZ.
    There have been tons of zombie movies. No need to call it WWZ if it's not releated to the book.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_E View Post
    There have been tons of zombie movies. No need to call it WWZ if it's not releated to the book.
    We don't know how unrelated to the book it is going to be. The book is about a global zombie pandemic. And the film will show that and probably pull some really awesome scenes from the book. Battle of Yonkers, zombies walking on the ocean floor, etc.

Most zombie movies are only shown on a very local level, heck in TWD so far they haven't even left Georgia. WWZ movie, just like the book, will show how a zombie outbreak effects the whole world.

Kind of hard to make a movie like that and not call it WWZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_E View Post
    There have also been tons of movies made from essentially unfilmable books. Sometimes they even work surprisingly well (Slaughterhouse-5).
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

We don't know how unrelated to the book it is going to be. The book is about a global zombie pandemic. And the film will show that and probably pull some really awesome scenes from the book. Battle of Yonkers, zombies walking on the ocean floor, etc.

Most zombie movies are only shown on a very local level, heck in TWD so far they haven't even left Georgia. WWZ movie, just like the book, will show how a zombie outbreak effects the whole world.

Kind of hard to make a movie like that and not call it WWZ.
    My mom's house is 1/2 mile away from Central Ave where the Battle of Yonkers took place.

My mom's house is 1/2 mile away from Central Ave where the Battle of Yonkers took place.
    That's like saying 'I work two blocks away from where that giant ape climbed a building and then fell off after being shot at by biplanes.'
    27 World Championships
    40 AL Pennants
    Liberated France Twice

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Coffee View Post
    That's like saying 'I work two blocks away from where that giant ape climbed a building and then fell off after being shot at by biplanes.'
    I'm familiar with both of those regions....

Hunh. They shoulda got me to write the movie!

This looks AWESOME.

This looks AWESOME.

That movie looks pretty badass.

In honor of today.

Off To Never Never Land Mr.Muhozi's Avatar

This looks AWESOME.

I saw this in the morning. Looks brilliant. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

Any idea when it will be out in cinema?
    40 pitchers, ever, have an ERA+ of 130 or higher for their career. 15 have 140 or higher. 3 guys have 150 or higher - one is right at 150, the second place guy is at 154, and Mariano Rivera is at 205.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Muhozi View Post
    I saw this in the morning. Looks brilliant. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

Any idea when it will be out in cinema?
    9/28/12

In honor of today.

That is awesome. Thanks for sharing!

And that Looper movie looks pretty badass.
    NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    That is awesome. Thanks for sharing!
    Screw the "plots". 90 minutes of Jason killing people would be great...

Tell me, who was it you left me for? Was it Lazslo, or were there others in between - or aren't you the kind who tells?
    A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines.
    - Barry Manilow

Thread Information