+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 632 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 54 104 504 ... LastLast

Re: The "I just saw a movie that doesn't warrant its own thread" (Version 2.0)

It sounds good, based on the previews i was afraid it was going to try to be very....artsy...i guess, too much music and pictures of oil fields, or sand dunes and not enough dialogue/action, but based on what you are sayin i think it sounds awesome.
    If you dont plan on winning, you might as well just go home -Derek Jeter

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDynasty26
    It sounds good, based on the previews i was afraid it was going to try to be very....artsy...i guess, too much music and pictures of oil fields, or sand dunes and not enough dialogue/action, but based on what you are sayin i think it sounds awesome.
    Definitely not artsy. If anything it couldn't decide if it was an action blockbuster or a political thriller.

Watched Supertroopers with the wife last night. God I love that movie. She didn't find it as funny as I do, but it's one of those movies that gets funnier each time you watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan
    Watched Supertroopers with the wife last night. God I love that movie. She didn't find it as funny as I do, but it's one of those movies that gets funnier each time you watch it.
    Meow THAT is a good movie

I noticed last night Blood Diamond was on HBO, ive heard a lot about it, any recomendations...i tivoed it for later

NYYF Legend

Meow THAT is a good movie
    I call shenanigans.

NYYF Legend

NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

I noticed last night Blood Diamond was on HBO, ive heard a lot about it, any recomendations...i tivoed it for later
    Everyone here who saw it loved it including me. IMO best movie of 2006.
    Words cannot describe how much I hate Derek Jeter and his legion of stupid ass fans.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by Sam18
    Everyone here who saw it loved it including me. IMO best movie of 2006.
    I need to see that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    If you have HBO, they are showing it quite a few times this week, that is what prompted me to ask, because ive heard that its very good from a variety of places.

i never thought id say this but....Leo is the man....

He is a really great actor.

He is a really great actor.
    He really is. Back in high school it was cool to hate him because he was in titanic, and he was kinda the "pretty boy," but after Catch Me If You Can, i became a very big fan of his.

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    Yep, you definitely should. It was an amazing movie!! It was violent, but not in a gratuitous (sp?) way. It told the story... I didn't think that much of it when I rented it ...but I was blown away by how good it was.
    Dawn

Saw an Indy movie called "I Love Your Work" w/Giovanni Ribisi, Jason Lee, Vince Vaughn, Joshua Jackson and Christina Ricci. This was... strange. I don't even know how to describe it. Basically Ribisi is a huge celeb who can't deal with his fame and just cracks. It gets pretty trippy at times.

Also saw "28 Weeks Later". Not nearly as good as "28 Days Later". I was hoping to see a zombie movie but what I got was a typical action movie with a few zombies thrown into the mix.
    *** 18 - 0 ***
    (asterisks and all!)

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

I just saw "Reign Over Me" with Adam Sandler and Don Cheadle. Sandler plays a man who lost his entire family in a plane on 9/11 and can't cope with reality.
    Life is good!

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by destelle
    Yep, you definitely should. It was an amazing movie!! It was violent, but not in a gratuitous (sp?) way. It told the story... I didn't think that much of it when I rented it ...but I was blown away by how good it was.
    Maybe I'll rent that Fri night while the husband is watching the Sox game.

based on Aviator, Blood Diamond, and The Departed, I gotta say that I have become a fan of Dicaprio.
    Boo for trading Prado.

NYYF Legend

NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

Aviator sucked ass.
    Words cannot describe how much I hate Derek Jeter and his legion of stupid ass fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam18
    Aviator sucked ass.
    it's a bit long but I enjoyed it.

(hahah who's gonna jump on that joke?)
    Boo for trading Prado.

NYYF Legend

Catch me if you can is another feather in his cap.

I finally saw the Prestige. Very weird movie. I've heard the illusionist is much better so I'm gonna check that out. I saw Silent Movie as well, which was good for a few chuckles (a few days before Marcel Marceau passed away actually).

Rented Knocked up today, gonna watch it tonight.
    Crush it with your mind vice.

Disgusting Baiting Troll j.g. Archer1979's Avatar

Just saw Fight Club for the first time.

That was a strange piece of cinema right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by yankeeschic12324
    Cheetos

EDIT: I hate you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23
    based on Gangs of New York, Aviator, Blood Diamond, and The Departed, I gotta say that I have become a fan of Dicaprio.
    Fixed if for you.

The Aviator was good...after the first 75 minutes. I don't care which famous girl he banged, but the part about Congress and him being batsh*t insane was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23
    it's a bit long but I enjoyed it.
    wife bought the strap on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee
    Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1979

watch it again.
    Boo for trading Prado.

Fixed if for you.

The Aviator was good...after the first 75 minutes. I don't care which famous girl he banged, but the part about Congress and him being batsh*t insane was awesome.
    that was the first movie I really started to respect him in. I never really took him seriously prior. Although I did like Romeo & Juliette for some reason. It was a weird twist. He was decent.
    Boo for trading Prado.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1979

One of my all time favorites. That was the movie that made me a Brad Pitt fan, which up to that point I never thought I'd be

And ditto to what Hitman said. Knowing what's going on actually makes it more fascinating of a movie.
    Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds - Robert Nesta Marley

Thread Information