+ Reply to Thread
Page 363 of 632 FirstFirst ... 263 313 353 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 373 413 463 ... LastLast
Results 9,051 to 9,075 of 15788
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Re: The "I just saw a movie that doesn't warrant its own thread" (Version 2.0)

I saw "The Green Hornet" Friday. Three bad things. The movie and the fact I spent $13.50 seeing it in 3D and in IMAX.
    Life is good!

Quote Originally Posted by YankeePride1967 View Post
    I saw "The Green Hornet" Friday. Three bad things. The movie and the fact I spent $13.50 seeing it in 3D and in IMAX.
    I bet you can't wait to see Yogi Bear in 3D
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Happy Holidays!! b-ball-lunachick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers View Post
    I saw Blue Valentine yesterday. Meh, I didn't like it that much. Depressing and ending sucked.
    dang i wish you lived closer - i want to see it too. I heard it was depressing though -but two great acting performances (and we love him lol).

I wanted to see The Dilemma but the reviews are pretty awful.
    "Happiness is...a thumb and a blanket."

Saw "Social Network" yesterday. Pretty good movie. I don't think it was the incredible flick everyone said it was, but I enjoyed it.
    Boo for trading Prado.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Saw "Social Network" yesterday. Pretty good movie. I don't think it was the incredible flick everyone said it was, but I enjoyed it.
    I feel that same way about Inception.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23 View Post
    Yeah. I thought it was solid, but nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    I feel that same way about Inception.
    Same here.
    Life is good!

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by fredgmuggs View Post
    the ukulele didn't make up for it?

That was a very cute scene. The rest of the movie....pretty depressing.

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by b-ball-lunachick View Post
    dang i wish you lived closer - i want to see it too. I heard it was depressing though -but two great acting performances (and we love him lol).

I wanted to see The Dilemma but the reviews are pretty awful.

Well and even if the movie was depressing it would have been a little better if the ending was somewhat good but it wasn't IMO.

NYYF Legend

Just came back from Brazil--ten hour flight and I couldn't sleep in coach--and watched four films on a six-inch screen.

Social Network--fun film, but glad I didn't make the anti-FB GF go see it. Sorkin dialog was good, but it wasn't that great a film.

Eat, Pray, Love. ALMOST put me to sleep. Real glad GF didn't force ME to go see it. Fortunately, she hates Julia as much as I do. Bardem not convincing as a Brazilian to someone who married one. Also, Brazilians DO NOT kiss their kids on the mouth--they think it's weird when they see Europeans do that. Trust me on this.

Takers--Effects probably pretty good on a larger screen, but pretty lame action/heist film. Been there, done that.

Dinner with Schmucks--Mindless remake of an Office episode. Only for Steve Carell addicts. I'm not one.

What an awful flight--avoid TAM Brazilian Airlines if you can.
    Last edited by theDurk; 01-18-11 at 12:53 AM.
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Blue Valentine was a piece of crap. Well the first hour I stayed was.
    Life is good!

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

You know you're all going to watch.

Now with more Urkel goodness!

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan View Post
    You know you're all going to watch.

Now with more Urkel goodness!
    Yessssss. It has very much been on my radar since I first learned of its existence.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

RIP, Pete.

NYYF Legend

Winter's Bone - I really enjoyed this movie. The lead actress was excellent.

Twilight:Eclipse - definitely the best of the 3 movies (insert joke here).

Salt - pretty entertaining, nothing spectacular.

Finally got around to Shutter Island. Not bad. I think some of the imagery near the end was unnecessary.
    Don't tease me, you know what I do for a living.

Quote Originally Posted by philleotardo View Post
    Finally got around to Shutter Island. Not bad. I think some of the imagery near the end was unnecessary.
    i feel almost exactly the same way, cept i'm not sure what you meant about the imagery
    "If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."

Quote Originally Posted by Bozidar View Post
    i feel almost exactly the same way, cept i'm not sure what you meant about the imagery
    Dead children. I think by the time we got to the part where he's laying the bodies next to the lake, we already knew what had taken place and didn't need the visuals. IMHO.

NYYF Legend

Dead children. I think by the time we got to the part where he's laying the bodies next to the lake, we already knew what had taken place and didn't need the visuals. IMHO.
    Whaaat. That was an incredibly powerful scene.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84 View Post
    Twilight:Eclipse - definitely the best of the 3 movies (insert joke here).
    Geezus f'in christ Seymour, you don't go telling people you watched that ................. That's instant loss of man card for a TBD period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by NYYDragoon View Post
    Yeah, but did it change what you were already feeling? Whatever I felt by seeing it, I had already reached that point from the flashbacks and context to that point. Seemed gratuitous at that stage.

Totally agree. That scene needed the shock factor to hit home what caused Leo to become what he became.

NYYF Legend

Yeah, but did it change what you were already feeling?
    Yes. What Cynic said.

I agree with AJ and Melan-cynic about the Shutter Island scene.
    -Kevin

"My point is you can't compare things with statistics." Joe Morgan

RIP, Pete.

i sorta feel the same way.. if you were going to cut any part of that it would have been the drawn out part where he collects the bodies in the water. Still, I wouldn't have cut that either..
    "If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you."

Quote Originally Posted by Melan-cynic View Post
    Totally agree.
    probaly should have spoiler'd that

Thread Information