+ Reply to Thread
Page 313 of 632 FirstFirst ... 213 263 303 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 323 363 413 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,825 of 15788
    NYYF Legend

Re: The "I just saw a movie that doesn't warrant its own thread" (Version 2.0)

"kick ass" was decent, nothing to write home about... everyone has been talking about the edginess and the visual effects, but i didn't find any of it to be attention-grabbing

oh, and i still hate nicholas cage
    help feed the hungry:

www.thehungersite.com

Quote Originally Posted by stazsanity
    I think you're referring to Justin Long.

Olyphant plays such an amazing villian. He was equally dastardly in The Girl Nextdoor. I'd love to see him in more of these roles.

And per my first post, I agree completely that the only thing that this movie had in common with the previous three Die Hard movies other than two sequences of conversations about he and his wife being divorced and his daughter's character, who really only appeared in two scenes in the first movie when "she" was what, three or four years old, was the character John McClaine.

I really wasn't expecting much at all..I was anticipating corny one liners and another horrendous example of a character that should've been left alone, but I really enjoyed it.
    Olyphant is also excellent on his TV show Justified on FX. He plays a US Marshall and I highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManKnownAsMecca
    Olyphant is also excellent on his TV show Justified on FX. He plays a US Marshall and I highly recommend it.
    ...and he was great in Deadwood, in a role where he was about to explode at every minute.
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JDPNYY
    ...and he was great in Deadwood, in a role where he was about to explode at every minute.
    He was awesome as Seth Bullock and I second the "Justified" recommendation.

I could totally see him playing the Gunslinger if they ever do a Dark Tower movie

I haven't watched any movies lately, been on a marathon of "6 Ft Under". I'm almost done with season 4. Can't believe I missed this show when it was on.
    You're a stranger til she whispers you can stay.
    You're a stranger til she whispers that your journey's over.

NYYFans Fantasy Baseball:
    CBS: Evil Empire
    Yahoo: Special OPS

Quote Originally Posted by TheManKnownAsMecca
    I'll definitely have to check it out...

I normally agree with PK, but this time, I can't... I thought Olyphant knocked his role out of the park.

I didn't realize this until I IMDBed him when I got home last night, but he also played "Mickey" in Scream 2... a pretty funny villian/role in a god awful movie
    [FONT=Verdana]"You know what's coming," former Kansas City Royals first baseman Mike Sweeney once said, "but you know what's coming in horror movies too. It still gets you."

-"Mariano Saves," 10/5 S.I.[/FONT]

NYYF MVP

Quote Originally Posted by stazsanity
    I didn't realize this until I IMDBed him when I got home last night, but he also played "Mickey" in Scream 2... a pretty funny villian/role in a god awful movie
    He was also pretty good as the drug dealer (don't remember character's name) in Go, which unlike Scream 2, was a decent movie.
    28 in 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden
    He was also pretty good as the drug dealer (don't remember character's name) in Go, which unlike Scream 2, was a decent movie.
    GOD YES! I must have over-looked that... he's gotten a lot more roles than I realized...and even though some of his villians are similar, there's just something to the way he plays them off/the ego he brings to them that makes me detest them, hence, why I hope he takes more similar roles in the future.
    [FONT=Verdana]"You know what's coming," former Kansas City Royals first baseman Mike Sweeney once said, "but you know what's coming in horror movies too. It still gets you."

-"Mariano Saves," 10/5 S.I.[/FONT]

Saw "The Crazies". I have to say I was very entertained. I guess it got such bad reviews I went in so low on expectation it surprised me. Nothing new to see but whatever I enjoyed it.

Also got to see another Nightmare on Elm St" trailer.... boy am I excited for this. it looks absolutely sick. I never thought it needed to be remade and was shocked about Robert Englund not being Freddy but who cares. Movie looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23
    I haven't watched any movies lately, been on a marathon of "6 Ft Under". I'm almost done with season 4. Can't believe I missed this show when it was on.
    6 ft under was a great series. I can watch it over and over. I know this a movie thread but "Breaking Bad" is getting really good.
    "The future ain't what it used to be" -Yogi Berra

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

Oh my god. That show was so great. Wait until you get to the end. Best last 5 minutes of a television show ever, IMO.
    2014 - New Team, New Result

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

I'm halfway through season 5 right now. I'm stuck waiting for disk 3 to get in stock at the library. I need to watch Dexter after this so Michael C Hall can get his manliness back.

Good to the last drop CoyoteYankee's Avatar

I'm halfway through season 5 right now. I'm stuck waiting for disk 3 to get in stock at the library. I need to watch Dexter after this so Michael C Hall can get his manliness back.
    He is a great actor though, isn't he?

Anyway, I'll stop derailing this thread now.
    2014 - New Team, New Result

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.

SFU was a very good show. Peter Krause is good in nearly every role he's in. Dirty Sexy Money was underrated and he's also been good in Parenthood from what I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Melan-cynic
    SFU was a very good show. Peter Krause is good in nearly every role he's in. Dirty Sexy Money was underrated and he's also been good in Parenthood from what I've seen.
    Parenthood has a lot of great talent on the screen and it's well acted, but the writing (the two times I watched) is awful.
    Whatever you think...
    Well, you're wrong.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeGalSC
    6 ft under was a great series. I can watch it over and over. I know this a movie thread but "Breaking Bad" is getting really good.
    I'm halfway through season 2 of Breaking Bad. It's unbelievably good. Seriously the best show I've seen in a few years. Head & shoulders above Mad Men. At least on Breaking Bad there's actually people I can root for.

NYYF HOF

Watched Zombieland last night.

Very fun and entertaining movie. Nothing more, nothing less. I enjoyed it.

Saw "Losers" with some buddies of mine.

Not the type of movie I go see in the movies, but they wanted to go.

It sucked.

On the brightside though, there was a decent amount of scantily clad Zoe Saldana.
    "Long Island is New Jersey with a GED." - Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.

NYYF Legend

I'm going to see A Nightmare on Elm Street tonight. Psyched.

Quote Originally Posted by THEBOSS84
    I'm going to see A Nightmare on Elm Street tonight. Psyched.
    Bet you it's not as good as this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxlXChuX0AI

Just saw Human Centipede

Why? I'm not sure.

Because it's one of the greatest films of our generation.

I totally lol'd when I read that the director was going for a 12-person centipede in the sequel. Incredible.

The concept of the film is so ridiculous that I couldn't even be grossed out.

Well he is a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteYankee
    Oh my god. That show was so great. Wait until you get to the end. Best last 5 minutes of a television show ever, IMO.
    You are absolutely right on that. Holy crap. I got really choked up. I don't think a TV show ever did that to me before. I lost it during Nate's funeral also.

I definitely put 6FU as one of the best TV shows I've ever seen.

Thread Information