+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 632 1 2 3 4 11 51 101 501 ... LastLast
    Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

The "I just saw a movie that doesn't warrant its own thread" (Version 2.0)

The other one appears to have gone to internet heaven so here is part two.

I saw "In the Valley of Elah" with Tommy Lee Jones, Susan Sarandon and Clarize Theron (sp.?). Very strange ending.

Re: The "I just saw a movie that doesn't warrant its own thread" (Version 2.0)

you should have made it official.
    Boo for trading Prado.

NYYF Legend

Has anyone seen Eastern Promises yet?
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.

It is never too late to be what you might have been.
    [/FONT]

NYYF Legend

I saw Reign Over Me last night. Excellent movie, it was funny and very touching. I reccomend this for rental when it comes out next week.
    I may not have been the best Yankee to put on the pinstripes, but I am the proudest.
    - Billy Martin

NYYF Triple Crown

Is anyone planning on seeing Iron Man with Robert Downey, Jr. when it comes out? I never heard of the comic book character but the beginning of the movie looks good. I'm not sure if I'll be able to stay interested in the entire movie though.

I'm having a senior moment because I can't recall if I posted something about this movie in the original thread.

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AMC
    Is anyone planning on seeing Iron Man with Robert Downey, Jr. when it comes out? I never heard of the comic book character but the beginning of the movie looks good. I'm not sure if I'll be able to stay interested in the entire movie though.

I'm having a senior moment because I can't recall if I posted something about this movie in the original thread.
    I'm taking it you are not a big superhero comic fan. Iron Man is a pretty major character. Yes, I definitely will be seeing it.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by GoRocket
    I'm taking it you are not a big superhero comic fan. Iron Man is a pretty major character. Yes, I definitely will be seeing it.
    I guess I'm pretty bad about that. I know who all the major comic book characters are like Superman, Spiderman and Batman, etc. but I always thought Iron Man was just a Black Sabbath song.

That movie is gonna be one of the best superhero movies to come out in awhile. Tony Stark is really a dark character, kind of a deadbeat alcoholic who builds this nasty armor. Im very excited for that, and of course, "The Dark Knight"
    If you dont plan on winning, you might as well just go home -Derek Jeter

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

I want to see Lust, Caution. I read about it in my New York magazine. Looks good.

http://movies.nytimes.com/movie/3512...ution/trailers

I wanna see "30 Days Of Night". that movie looks awesome.
    Boo for trading Prado.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman23
    I wanna see "30 Days Of Night". that movie looks awesome.
    I LOVE vampire movies, i love em, i think they are the epitome of badass......and this looks too f'ked up even for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDynasty26
    I LOVE vampire movies, i love em, i think they are the epitome of badass......and this looks too f'ked up even for me.
    That scene where the chick yells "oh god!" and the vampire just says "no god" is insane
    Boo for trading Prado.

Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AMC

There's a thread on it. It's gonna rival TDK for best movie next summer.

That scene where the chick yells "oh god!" and the vampire just says "no god" is insane
    Yeah..he looks beyond freaky.

This thread sucks. Bring back the original!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Vampire movies are my favorite scary movies of all, even if every Dracula flick ever made has deviated greatly from the book, INCLUDING the one in which they used the AUTHOR'S NAME.

Anyhow, vampires are the scariest scary creatures in movies, IMO. They freak me the hell out. I love it.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it."
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980
    This thread sucks. Bring back the original!
    What happened to the original?

Quote Originally Posted by jlw1980
    Vampire movies are my favorite scary movies of all, even if every Dracula flick ever made has deviated greatly from the book, INCLUDING the one in which they used the AUTHOR'S NAME.

Anyhow, vampires are the scariest scary creatures in movies, IMO. They freak me the hell out. I love it.
    I think because making a movie based on a book written in journal form won't flow too well. I loved Coppola's version of Dracula.

Oh and if we're keeping score; zombies >>>>>>>>>>> vampires in terms of scariness.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan
    I think because making a movie based on a book written in journal form won't flow too well. I loved Coppola's version of Dracula.

Oh and if we're keeping score; zombies >>>>>>>>>>> vampires in terms of scariness.
    But they didn't even get the story right. That's what pissed me off. Don't call a movie Bram Stoker's Dracula if it's nothing like Bram Stoker's classic novel. That irritated the hell out of me.

Anyhow, my fiance would agree about zombie movies. He loves them. I think they suck. Oh wait, vampires do that. Hee. (And vampires are definitely way scarier, so BOO!)
    -- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by JfromJersey
    Has anyone seen Eastern Promises yet?
    I really liked it. I like Cronenberg though, and this is typical him. But it was better than I expected. Liked the story, and the acting was great, esp. Mortenson and Meuller-Stahl. I'd recommend paying to see it in the theatres.

Has anyone seen Sir! No Sir!? It's a documentary about the anti-war movement among GIs. It's very interesting to see the pivotal role they played in the movement and how much of their voice was silenced. It makes you wonder whether the same could be happening today. Definite reccomendation for everyone. I should have checked to see if there was a thread on the film, because it definitely deserve it's own.

Has anyone seen the movie about Edith Pilaf, La Vie En Rose? I thought it was excellent. If you can catch a showing by you, don't miss it. I think it'll be out on dvd soon actually.

NYYF Legend

I want to see "Across the Universe." Looks good and somewhat odd.

Released Outright CallOfTheCrow's Avatar

Saw Good Luck Chuck last night. Jessica Alba was smoking hot, Dane Cook was annoying as sin.

Quote Originally Posted by CallOfTheCrow
    Saw Good Luck Chuck last night. Jessica Alba was smoking hot, Dane Cook was annoying as sin.
    You had to spend $10 and waste 90 minutes to find that out? That movie got 3% positive reviews in the nation. 3%!!!!

Dane Cook is so unfunny.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan

ZOMBIES! ZOMBIES! You are more scared of something whos head you can just blow off, than of a lifeless souless, bat turning, blood sucking, superpowerful, nosferatu?
    The only scary thing about zombies is that they will never stop, because they cant think, but if you can lock yourself in a building, or have a shotgun youre fine! You think a shotgun will kill a vampire??

Quote Originally Posted by TheDynasty26
    ZOMBIES! ZOMBIES! You are more scared of something whos head you can just blow off, than of a lifeless souless, bat turning, blood sucking, superpowerful, nosferatu?
    The only scary thing about zombies is that they will never stop, because they cant think, but if you can lock yourself in a building, or have a shotgun youre fine! You think a shotgun will kill a vampire??
    Sorry but the idea of being bitten and turned into an immortal creature of the night who can woo any woman he wants doesn't frighten me as much as being ripped apart and eaten alive by decaying dead humans.

If you like documentaries, I suggest Cocaine Cowboys, its pretty kick ass, and its creepy when they interview hitmen and stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey Yankee
    Who in their right mind would pay several thousand bucks to have some chick poop on their face like a beard?

Thread Information