Closed Thread
Page 34 of 430 FirstFirst ... 24 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 44 84 134 ... LastLast

Re: Red Sox Thread (cont'd)

3-1 Indians!

NYYF Cy Young

How stupid does Manny's homerun trot look in hindsight?

Quote Originally Posted by Prison Mike
    I was thinking the same thing, then I thought, he looked stupid to begin with. Ohhh... I brought it within 4 runs!

Quote Originally Posted by Prison Mike
    Joe Girardi just called him out on the postgame show saying that is not "the time for flare" and saying he had a big problem with it.

Released Outright

I don't know what's funnier - Manny's dumb grandstanding or Pedroia getting slappy. Sox fans are going to have lots and lots of 'splaining to do on that last one after years of shoving the "Slappy McBluelips" crap down our throats.

NoMaas.org made a good point about how nobody commented on Pedroia's two-handed slap at Victor Martinez as he was running to first. I guess if it doesn't involve A-Rod, it isn't bush league.
    SI: Do you have a secret ambition?
    Igawa: That's secret.

"They should just practice during the regular season and show up for the playoffs -Ichiro on the Yankees

Thanks for the memories Kate frostdude1's Avatar

Boston is DONE !

NYYF Triple Crown

Manny thought it was the 9th inning and his team up by ten runs.

Slappy McShortlegs

Ladies & Gentlemen, your 2007 Boston Red Sox

NYYF Cy Young

^Haha nice
    Pride Power Pinstripes

Quote Originally Posted by frostdude1
    Slappy McShortlegs

That's hilarious. I saw no mention of it in the SoSH game threads maybe I just missed it or they were trying to pretend it didn't happen.

In any case, I think it's close enough to a player making it his priority to slide to take out the second baseman rather than get to the base.

I don't have a problem with it, he's trying to win. It sure does look funny though.

I prefer the two handed grab to A-Rod's one handed slap. Better odds I guess.

Slapadoia?
    Che Rodriguez - Freedom Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by Mark19
    NoMaas.org made a good point about how nobody commented on Pedroia's two-handed slap at Victor Martinez as he was running to first. I guess if it doesn't involve A-Rod, it isn't bush league.
    i didnt see the play... did the ball come out?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by frostdude1
    Slappy McShortlegs

I'm going to use that for everytime a Red Sox fan brings up the A-Rod one in 2004.

NYYF Cy Young

But because SportsCenter hasn't said a word about the slap, the Boston fans will find a way to say blasphemy.

ESPN disgusts me. Imagine if a Yankee did half the homerun trot Manny did. All we'd hear for months is how NY have been world champs 27 times and they should act like they've been there before.

NYYF Legend

Someone please do the same for the Pedroia pic

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Snatch Catch
    Incorrect. The Sox did offer arbitration to Foulke, he just wasn't a Type-A FA, so he only brought back a compensatory pick, not another team's selection.
    Yes, you are right, the Red Sox did offer Foulke arbitration. I'm not entirely sure what happened, but it appears that the Red Sox did so after discussions with his agent knowing that he would not accept it. The Red Sox previously turned down a team option worth $7.5 million for 2007, and paid a $1.5 million buyout instead. Then Foulke turned down a $3.75 player option for 2007. It appears the Red Sox knew that Foulke would turn down arbitration when they offered it to him.

The point remains the same despite my error about arbitration. Foulke did not exactly hang Cleveland out to dry. They signed him in January, and he retired on the first day for pitchers and catchers to report in February. He could have sat on the DL and collected every penny of his $5 million. Here's what the Indians' GM said at the time:

"While we are disappointed that Keith will not be pitching for the Indians this year, I have a tremendous amount of respect for him and the way he went about this decision," said general manager Mark Shapiro.

"Keith clearly demonstrated a great deal of integrity and character in this matter and we wish him success in his future endeavours."

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/baseball/st...s-retires.html

Released Outright

Sorry sawx fans, but I could have lived w/ a sawx WS victory, but don't want to hear about another " greatest comeback in history"

Cleveland is the better team, hope they close it out before they go back to Fenway

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mark19
    I believe that the reason it's not getting more play on ESPN is that it didn't happen in a key part of the game, it's rookie Dustin Pedroia rather than Alex Rodriguez, and the logistical fact that when ARod did it, the ball actually came loose and he was called out for it. Also, Arroyo was running over to first and was not blocking the baseline, but in this case, Victor Martinez is the first baseman and is directly in the baseline.

That to the contrary notwithstanding, the Red Sox have played poor baseball over the last 3 games, and they deserve to be down 3-1. The Indians have outhit them, and outpitched them. I don't think you will hear any sour grapes from Red Sox fans, the Red Sox have simply been outplayed. They are really in a big hole right now with Sabathia and Carmona coming up. At this point in time, the only thing the Red Sox can do is to try to win on Thursday and get the series back to Boston, but it doesn't look good for them right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Claudell Washington
    It's really hard to know what to say about that kind of celebration when you're down four runs in such an important game. I guess that's where "Manny being Manny" comes from -- it's hard to think of anything else to say.
    Where is TheoSchmeo to tell us that he "loves" the fact that Manny celebrates the way he does?

Quote Originally Posted by TommyK8
    I believe that the reason it's not getting more play on ESPN is that it didn't happen in a key part of the game, it's rookie Dustin Pedroia rather than Alex Rodriguez, and the logistical fact that when ARod did it, the ball actually came loose and he was called out for it. Also, Arroyo was running over to first and was not blocking the baseline, but in this case, Victor Martinez is the first baseman and is directly in the baseline.

That to the contrary notwithstanding, the Red Sox have played poor baseball over the last 3 games, and they deserve to be down 3-1. The Indians have outhit them, and outpitched them. I don't think you will hear any sour grapes from Red Sox fans, the Red Sox have simply been outplayed. They are really in a big hole right now with Sabathia and Carmona coming up. At this point in time, the only thing the Red Sox can do is to try to win on Thursday and get the series back to Boston, but it doesn't look good for them right now.
    Are you refusing to acknowledged that ESPN has a bias against the Yankees in favor of their slant towards the Boston Red Sox?
    Cashman: Death Star Fully Operational

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

Quote Originally Posted by Dannman103
    I have to say, the way that Manny pimped after hitting that homer just to get within 4 runs was just plain wrong...I mean, it's embarrassing how long he stood at home plate after hitting it...back in the old days, he'd be getting one in the ribs the next time up.
    I just commented in the other thread that the Sox reporter for the Hartford Courant even called it ridiculous.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ccm1974
    Where is TheoSchmeo to tell us that he "loves" the fact that Manny celebrates the way he does?
    The pitcher should simply make a better pitch if he doesn't want to see Manny acting like that. Presumeably this applies no matter how ridiculous Manny acts. Next time he might do cartwheels around the bases, who knows.

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by 4bronxbombers
    I just commented in the other thread that the Sox reporter for the Hartford Courant even called it ridiculous.
    I missed it-but what's the story here-he isn't going to change. I have learned to appreciate his talent and ignore the rest-it doesn't mean I like it but it's not worth me getting upset-isn't going to change it.

NYYF Legend

So, here we are. We got to Sabathia and Carmona but Westbrook and Byrd shut us down, go figure. So far Beckett has been the only pitcher to get out of the 5th inning. Lugo, Crisp, and Pedroia--thanks for nothing so far.

If Beckett can get us back to Boston, who knows. Curt and Dice-K struggled in their other starts but I have a feeling Curt could rebound if we push it to a Game 6. Dice-K, I just don't know.

Get it back to Boston and let's go from there. They won three straight, so could we.

Thread Information