+ Reply to Thread
    NYYF MVP

Fox Station list for September 15th

Just about everyone will get the game today except Arizona, Colorado and Southern California

Yankees @ Red Sox (HD) - 89% Josh Lewin, Tim McCarver, Ken Rosenthal
    D-Backs @ Dodgers - 10% Darren Sutton, Eric Karros

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/5619630

I see fields of green, Veeck's pinwheel lights
    Cubs lose by day, Sox win at night
    And I think to myself, what a wonderful world

NYYF Triple Crown

Re: Fox Station list for September 15th

We get Tim McCarver? YES!

/sarcasm
    "Never, never, never quit."-Winston Churchill.

Forum Regular

At least Joe Buck isn't doing the game..

NYYF Legend

As was the case for me last night, it will be the game on TV, John and Suzyn on the radio via mlb.com and both synched together with the TiVo.

But at least I'll be able to see a Saturday day game for a change. I think I've only been able to see one other Yankees' day game this year.

Heidi
    "I don't need any extra motivation. My motivation is to win." - Derek Jeter

NYYF Legend

Los Angeles, Ca., a transplanted New Yorker

I am totally bummed because the game listed in the grid on my cable for Fox channel is the Yankees vs Red Sox. When I turned on the pre game they were talking all about the Yankee/Red Sox game as if it were coming up. Then all of a sudden they put on the Dodger game! If I click on the channel it tells me I am watching the Yankee/Red Sox game. Fox is going to be getting a nasty letter from me. And I am blacked out in EI! I hate Fox!

28 in '12

NYYF Triple Crown

When the Fox coverage starts at 3:30 P.M. eastern time, everybody in the country gets the same stuff from the studio, which will care more about Yankees-Red Sox than the other games. If you started watching the Fox coverage at 3:30 and didn't know which game you were going to get you wouldn't find out into Fox took you to the site of the game. Now why your TV thought you were going to get the Yankee game I don't know. Where I am when ESPN or ESPN2 is showing the Yankees or Mets on a day other than Sunday and in the New York City area the game is televised locally, my TV doesn't know that ESPN or ESPN2 in my area is showing ESPN News instead.

NYYF Triple Crown

I don't know if anyone asked this but was Joe Buck removed from Fox's regular season Saturday package? I don't recall him doing a game since the All-Star break.

NYYF Legend

Los Angeles, Ca., a transplanted New Yorker

Quote Originally Posted by EvanJ
    When the Fox coverage starts at 3:30 P.M. eastern time, everybody in the country gets the same stuff from the studio, which will care more about Yankees-Red Sox than the other games. If you started watching the Fox coverage at 3:30 and didn't know which game you were going to get you wouldn't find out into Fox took you to the site of the game. Now why your TV thought you were going to get the Yankee game I don't know. Where I am when ESPN or ESPN2 is showing the Yankees or Mets on a day other than Sunday and in the New York City area the game is televised locally, my TV doesn't know that ESPN or ESPN2 in my area is showing ESPN News instead.
    The cable grid tells what is on based on what the local channel affiliate has told them. In this case I am certain that Fox planned on showing the Yankee/Sox game up until the last minute because the Dodgers are getting closer in the Wild Card race and the network affiliate may have gotten some complaints about not showing the Dodgers. They do reserve the right to change the programming with one weeks notice but in this case they gave no notice of the change. I think in a case like this they should at least show the other game on one of their Fox Sports cable channels but they did not do that either.

28 in '12

Oops! I pooped on your things! __starr69's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripedbass
    I don't know if anyone asked this but was Joe Buck removed from Fox's regular season Saturday package? I don't recall him doing a game since the All-Star break.
    I can't speak for mid-July to Labor Day, but he's been broadcasting for the NFL on Fox. Unfortunately.
    Dieting isn't a piece of cake.
    Nobody ever says "it's just a game" when their team is winning.
    "Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball" --Jacques Barzun

Released Outright

I live near SF. Saturday, the on-screen DirecTV schedule showed the AZ/LA game to be shown, which I half expected. Then, when turning the channel it WAS the Yankee game. It was the ONLY time, ever, I was thankful to FOX for anytihng.

NYYF HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Pinstripedbass
    Fox put him on football 100% this year starting with the pre-season. Don't worry, you can still enjoy his dulcet tones and insightful commentary in the baseball post-season. Whether that is just World Series or ALCS, too, I don't know. (TBS has NLCS, and TBS/TNT have all the Division games so we will have to suffer along without him until at least the ALCS .)
    "Deep to left! Yastrzemski will not get it! It's a home run! A three-run homer by Bucky Dent! And the Yankees now lead by a score of 3-2!" - New York Yankees announcer Bill White (October 2, 1978)

Thread Information