+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Let's go Rangers! RhodyYanksFan's Avatar

The Office - Season 4

Can't wait for this show to start back up. It'll be back on 9/27, but here's a little video to hold us over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCDXIyRdwG0

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Re: The Office - Season 4

Great. And I'm not going to have a TV that week due to moving. Another thing is the first four episodes this season are hour long.
    Life is good!

I CAN NOT WAIT! I need to buy 3 on DVD on payday.
    I'm too smooth you'll never see me comin', I'm never in a hurry I'm just movin' fast...

Does anyone else find Michael the least funny character on the show? I think Jim, Dwight, Creed, Stanley, Jan, Pam, and the warehouse guys are all funnier than him. He jsut kinda sets up their reactions by being stupid
    If you dont plan on winning, you might as well just go home -Derek Jeter

Quote Originally Posted by TheDynasty26
    Does anyone else find Michael the least funny character on the show? I think Jim, Dwight, Creed, Stanley, Jan, Pam, and the warehouse guys are all funnier than him. He jsut kinda sets up their reactions by being stupid
    I think Michael is funny in how he continually offends everyone yet you really still care about him. Watching him is like watching a car crash that you think might not happe. You are kind of hoping, kind of like saying "hey Mike, stop right there and you can avoid this whole mess" and then he doesn't stop and the crash happens and you feel so uncomfortable.

The thing about Michael is you never really hate him, he has a great humanity to him and he seems to really love his employees as well even though he continually sticks his foot in his mouth.
    I'm too smooth you'll never see me comin', I'm never in a hurry I'm just movin' fast...

Sunny days ahead YankeePride1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewEraYanks2527
    I CAN NOT WAIT! I need to buy 3 on DVD on payday.
    I already got it.
    Life is good!

I think Michael is funny in how he continually offends everyone yet you really still care about him. Watching him is like watching a car crash that you think might not happe. You are kind of hoping, kind of like saying "hey Mike, stop right there and you can avoid this whole mess" and then he doesn't stop and the crash happens and you feel so uncomfortable.

The thing about Michael is you never really hate him, he has a great humanity to him and he seems to really love his employees as well even though he continually sticks his foot in his mouth.
    Im not saying i dont like him as a character....i just think he does a better job setting other people up.....sometimes his incompetence frusterates me......i just wanna yell at the TV...FIGURE IT OUT

but i work with idiots, so im used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDynasty26
    Im not saying i dont like him as a character....i just think he does a better job setting other people up.....sometimes his incompetence frusterates me......i just wanna yell at the TV...FIGURE IT OUT

but i work with idiots, so im used to it.
    I get what you are saying. I do think he is funny though, especially his slanted look on things. Like when he gets a breakfast sandwich from some fast food restaurant from Ryan and throws out the bread and says "healthier, no carbs." It's FRIED SAUSAGE AND PROCESSED CHEESE!

NYYF Cy Young

Nah, I LOVE Michael.

They all bring different types of humor to the table. He's just so completely oblivious and to me those are the characters everyone falls in love with. Completely self centered however, not malicious...much like another beloved TV character, Homer Simpson.

NYYF Legend

NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

Actually my least favorite character is Jim. His "looks at camera" thing was funny in season 1 and some of 2 but that got old fast. Imo British Tim was way better.
    Quote Originally Posted by JL25and3 View Post
    Yeah, I'm definitely straight, but I might have made an exception for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam18
    Actually my least favorite character is Jim. His "looks at camera" thing was funny in season 1 and some of 2 but that got old fast. Imo British Tim was way better.
    Enough with the "BBC version pwns American version" stuff. They're both funny and brilliant in their own ways.

But I agree, Jim is really only funny when he's making fun of Dwight.

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan
    Enough with the "BBC version pwns American version" stuff. They're both funny and brilliant in their own ways.

But I agree, Jim is really only funny when he's making fun of Dwight.

I tried to watch the BBC version....and i cant understand a damn word they're saying....

The "flasher" episode, when they draw the picture of dwight with a moustache, and Jim tells him to into the bathroom and look above the sink.....

NYYF Cy Young

So Ryan is now Michael's boss. That should be great.
    Never Trust A Man With No Shirt On

I find some of Michael's interactions with Jan hilarious.

But the "Michael" on the BBC side is a lot funnier, no question.

I want a Dwight bobble head.
    Home of [URL="http://www.nysuperfan.com/allstga20it.html"]PRIDE IN PINSTRIPES[/URL]
    [U]
    [URL="http://www.nysuperfan.com/"]www.nysuperfan.com[/URL][/U] For NYC Sports Gear

[URL="http://www.nysuperblog.com/"]www.nysuperblog.com[/URL] "A Blog For The NYC Sports Fan"

2009..."The Empire Strikes Back"
    [U] [URL="http://www.nysuperfan.com"]
    [/URL][/U]

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesnumber1
    I want a Dwight bobble head.
    http://www.nbcuniversalstore.com/detail.php?p=8368

NYYF Legend

110 miles from the greatest Stadium on earth / Section 210

I think Michael is the funniest. He cracks me up even when he's not trying to be funny....that LOOK on his face is just great.

Stare Down the Barrel Mezmerize's Avatar

We need more Creed!
    [COLOR=black]You'll just say the worst of me with the hope they'll understand
    No, they know you're just a boy
    So grow up and be a man
    Little baby, kicking, you scream and whine
    Victims pay the price eventually[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Mezmerize
    We need more Creed!
    I second that, do you ever get a chance to read his "blog" on The Office website?

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by RhodyYanksFan
    Can't wait for this show to start back up. It'll be back on 9/27, but here's a little video to hold us over.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCDXIyRdwG0
    Me = Waiting with baited breath. Thanks for the link.
    "Be the change you want to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Oh god, I love the office.

It's one of the few intelligent comedies left on television. Michael's character is just hilarious, Dwight is awesome, and I can't wait to see what unfolds between Jim and Pam. I'm sure many hilarious scenes will come from the awkwardness. I just hope it doesn't keep turning away from comedy and focusing on office romances. That would sort of kill the atmosphere that make the Office so damn funny.
    [IMG]http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l11/Biggamba13/monumentparksigrefined.gif?t=1190041573[/IMG]

Stare Down the Barrel Mezmerize's Avatar

I second that, do you ever get a chance to read his "blog" on The Office website?
    No, I havent had the chance, but I bet I would like it.

"Visit my blog at www.creedthoughts.htm\creedthoughts"

hahaha
    [COLOR=black]You'll just say the worst of me with the hope they'll understand
    No, they know you're just a boy
    So grow up and be a man
    Little baby, kicking, you scream and whine
    Victims pay the price eventually[/COLOR]

The blog is awesome. He'll just start telling a story then stop. Gives you a real "wtf?" but it is pretty hilarious.

Give me the Zoppity mentalgidget's Avatar

Anyone?
    I enjoyed the episode a great deal.

Ryan: Did it happen on company property?
    Michael: It happened on company property with company property so double jeopardy, we have nothing to worry about.
    Ryan: I'm nnot usre you know how jeopardy works
    Michael: Oh, sorry. 'What is' we have nothing to worry about.
    Ah, dammit! I want pancakes! God, do you people understand every language except English? Yo quiero pancakes. Donnez moi pancakes. Click click, bloody click pancakes!
    -- Stewie Griffin

The parts I saw were great, I have it on Tivo cause I was running around when it was on. I will watch it as a whole tonight.

Thread Information