+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Released Outright sherlockjeterfan's Avatar

Can Arod pass maris??

It would obviously cool if Arod became the record holder for home runs in a season by someone who is not known to have broken laws or rules in baseball to attempt to improve their performance.. to some this means something, to others it obviously doesn't. To me Babe Ruth si waaaaaaaayyyyyy better, but that is me, as a side note ofr 162 games what does ruth's sixty project to i know that maris also has an asterisk, could arod reach 65 and be the legitimet champ. i know it is all hypothetical. In my hypothetical world steroids help some but not much and also help pitchers a lot, so bonds being a great hitter with no existence of of roids would still hit 65.. sosa not sixty tho i doubt corking a bat gives him more than one extra one.. but i believe in my imaginary world that outside the dead ball and with the extra teams and because he proved his talent was sooooo much better than everyone else he played against, forget mound heights and no black players .... yada yada .. i think if he played in an era when other people hit forty and fifty in a year rather than only 5 or ten then his competitiveness and outright superior ability would lead him to a year with eighty or so...
    Anyways, i know i don't like to puncuate correctly, sorry about that. But I just think it is fun to speculate right now with Arod, who I am not a real big fan of, on a tear and talk with everyone about if they believe he will keep this up and become your home run champ.. or if you like bonds or babe or maris or sosa or hamerin hank

Re: Can Arod pass maris??

He will come up short...I say he hits 57

NYYF Triple Crown

Nope. It would be incredible though, probably set a september HR record.

NYYF Legend

NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

In amount of threads started about him? Yes.
    Words cannot describe how much I hate Derek Jeter and his legion of stupid ass fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam18
    In amount of threads started about him? Yes.
    You're the man, Sam.
    Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. ~ Dale Carnegie

Released Outright JavyVazquezIsSick's Avatar

Can we open another thread about A-Rod?

this thread is not just about arod, it is about the home run king.. forry for not being clear about that, loll.. thanks for adding to the discussion.. way to be on topic,

I would like to start about seventy five more arod threads if possible, maybe one about him not being a true yankee, or if he will opt out or where he will go if he were to opt out, of just if you like him or hate him. Anyways, I think that the mambino is the best home run hitter, I think that maris technically owns the record withan obvious asterisk and that those other three ahead of him are disqualified from owning the record because even though they may have been able to do it the right way .. they did things that in my opinion are against the rules and spirit of the idea of baseball records. I also think that arod will not break the record, and i think that he may also cheat, though i have nothing to back that up, and i would appreciate it if noone tells me not to say that, because this is a free speech country and i will say it ias much as i want. I think that pujols will get the record in the next six years.

Quote Originally Posted by sherlockjeterfan
    I would like to start about seventy five more arod threads if possible, maybe one about him not being a true yankee, or if he will opt out or where he will go if he were to opt out, of just if you like him or hate him. Anyways, I think that the mambino is the best home run hitter, I think that maris technically owns the record withan obvious asterisk and that those other three ahead of him are disqualified from owning the record because even though they may have been able to do it the right way .. they did things that in my opinion are against the rules and spirit of the idea of baseball records. I also think that arod will not break the record, and i think that he may also cheat, though i have nothing to back that up, and i would appreciate it if noone tells me not to say that, because this is a free speech country and i will say it ias much as i want. I think that pujols will get the record in the next six years.
    Is this post real?

I would rather A-Rod have the record October than go nuts in September.

NYYF Legend

NYC or 2.77 miles from the greatest stadium on earth

So you think A-rod did roids?
    Words cannot describe how much I hate Derek Jeter and his legion of stupid ass fans.

Mr. Know-It-All Casey at the Bat's Avatar

If you do start all those threads, can you please break your posts into sentences? It would make them much easier to read that way.

and i think that he may also cheat, though i have nothing to back that up, and i would appreciate it if noone tells me not to say that, because this is a free speech country and i will say it ias much as i want. I think that pujols will get the record in the next six years.
    You yourself said that you have nothing to back up that A-Rod "cheats", yet you ask people not to tell you to stop saying that?

Just because it's internet doesn't mean that you can talk all you want and have nothing to back it up. What a joke.

Edit: BTW .

Happy Holidays!! b-ball-lunachick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Casey at the Bat
    If you do start all those threads, can you please break your posts into sentences? It would make them much easier to read that way.
    AMEN!

oops, maybe a poor choice of words -- this isn't the Jesus Christ thread. But I couldn't agree more Casey..
    "Happiness is...a thumb and a blanket."

Quote Originally Posted by JavyVazquezIsSick
    Can we open another thread about A-Rod?

Great idea! In fact, let's give him his own forum!

Addicted Member

thread nazis unite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously, ARod is not Jesus Christ, but..... oops, wrong Arod thread.

NYYF MVP

Washington DC (Originally from Long Island)

Can he? Yes. There are games left to play.

Will he probably? No.

Would I like it if he did? Yes.
    "Every season brings this possibility. Every season features the promise of transcendence." - SJ Gould

NYYF Legend

10% chance A-Rod can be the real single season HR leader after this season.
    “I mean, people knew that Brown was out there, and that Randy was ornery all the time. And Pavano is whoever he is. But if you’re their manager, you can’t go out and write about them like that.

He would probably freeze for week or two if he hit 61...

'Kick ass. Pop champagne. And get some ho's.'

ain't over 'til its over

i would hope so...it would be sweet if another yankee breaks the all time "real" record [not the one muddled by steroid use and other performance enhancement drugs]....it would be like justice for maris...

As I glanced over the thread titles, I thought this at first said "Can ARod pass math?"

Quote Originally Posted by Jasbro
    As I glanced over the thread titles, I thought this at first said "Can ARod pass math?"
    No, thats why he has an accountant...

'Kick ass. Pop champagne. And get some ho's.'

Addicted Member

i dont think arod will hit 74 HR's, any other total prior to that is irrelevant when it comes to records

Doubt it, but he will come close.

Thread Information