Repeat?

Sure looks like it.
    Auction League: Bitches Brew - 2006, 2007, 2008 Champs
    NYYFans.com League: Bad Apples - 2008 Champs

NYYF Triple Crown

Re: Repeat?

Quote Originally Posted by yanksphan
    Sure looks like it.
    Well I sure as hell am not going to catch you. The closest I got this season was like 12 points.
    NYYFans FBBL: Babe's Blasts

RIP Pete Cheng; the commish will be missed.

NYYF Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ruthianblast
    Well I sure as hell am not going to catch you. The closest I got this season was like 12 points.
    You won the first season, correct?

NYYF Triple Crown

You won the first season, correct?
    Yep; I'm excited about next year as well; I have some solid keepers.

NYYF Legend

The A-Rod & Dye deal was the clincher for me. I was lacking in HR & RBI and that seemed to do the trick.

Another championship for Bitches Brew - and I've got a solid core of keepers for next year.

Now it's time to figure out those contracts....

NYYF Triple Crown

The A-Rod & Dye deal was the clincher for me. I was lacking in HR & RBI and that seemed to do the trick.

Another championship for Bitches Brew - and I've got a solid core of keepers for next year.

Now it's time to figure out those contracts....
    If we play again! Hopefully there is still interest in everyone coming back.

NYYF Legend

If we play again! Hopefully there is still interest in everyone coming back.
    yeah, I've been wondering.....

::watches tumbleweed::

NYYF Triple Crown

yeah, I've been wondering.....

::watches tumbleweed::
    I honestly love playing in this type of league; but almost feel like we need 2 Position BN spots and a SP BN spot just so people kind of have to check matchups.

I like the rotiserrie play...but for the continuity of the league I'd like to see a weekly lineup set date. Every Sunday before the games start the lineup must be set and can't be changed for that week. I think we should also entertain the idea of a playoff system starting Sept 1 for the top 6 teams. Just think it would add some more exitement; maybe even put a salary cap increase for playoff teams.

Alright, alright, alright... Big_E's Avatar
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

I honestly love playing in this type of league; but almost feel like we need 2 Position BN spots and a SP BN spot just so people kind of have to check matchups.

I like the rotiserrie play...but for the continuity of the league I'd like to see a weekly lineup set date. Every Sunday before the games start the lineup must be set and can't be changed for that week. I think we should also entertain the idea of a playoff system starting Sept 1 for the top 6 teams. Just think it would add some more exitement; maybe even put a salary cap increase for playoff teams.
    I'd be open to any suggestions to make things more exciting.

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

NYYF Legend

"Auction League" - heavy emphasis on AUCTION. Seems like the best part of the season actually.

Some good keepers are locked up now, and the auction prices are much more reasonable (Helton & Beckett for $1!) - so I hope we do continue.

I think we need to expand as well. I think I could have made a team out of some of the FAs that finished better than some 'managed' teams.

NYYF Triple Crown

"Auction League" - heavy emphasis on AUCTION. Seems like the best part of the season actually.
    Honestly the auction is my favorite part, drafting in any league, football/baseball/h2h/rotisserie, is my favorite part. But there should be something to play for in September; the first year it was essentially over by Sept; this year as well. The bottom teams basically had nothing to play for and really neither did the second place team.

I think we need to expand as well. I think I could have made a team out of some of the FAs that finished better than some 'managed' teams.
    Even though the waiver wire did have a quite a few good players on it; overall I preferred the team I ended up with. Expanding would be awesome though; the first year with I think 12 players was much more fun (even when I was in dead last at the beginning) because overall there was more parity.

I say the following be put to a league vote (or at least the 3 of us who are still checking the auction league forum):

1. Playoffs; top 6 teams go head to head starting Sept 1.
    2. Champion gets 15 extra salary cap room (I just emailed the fantasyauctioneer website to see if that's even possible)
    3. 1st runner up gets 10 extra salary cap dollars
    4. 2nd runner up gets 7 extra salary cap dollars
    5. 3rd runner up gets 5; 4th gets 4, 5th gets 3
    6. 1 SP bench position (no RP's)
    7. 2 Position player bench positions (any position)
    8. Lineups set by Sunday, run through Saturday
    8a. Any bench player may be dropped for another player at any time; but obviously can not be substituted in to the lineup during the middle of the week.

Alright, alright, alright... Big_E's Avatar
    37 miles from the Home Office of Baseball

1. Playoffs; top 6 teams go head to head starting Sept 1.
    2. Champion gets 15 extra salary cap room (I just emailed the fantasyauctioneer website to see if that's even possible)
    3. 1st runner up gets 10 extra salary cap dollars
    4. 2nd runner up gets 7 extra salary cap dollars
    5. 3rd runner up gets 5; 4th gets 4, 5th gets 3
    6. 1 SP bench position (no RP's)
    7. 2 Position player bench positions (any position)
    8. Lineups set by Sunday, run through Saturday
    8a. Any bench player may be dropped for another player at any time; but obviously can not be substituted in to the lineup during the middle of the week.
    The salary cap is set per league; there is no way to give someone extra money. If we wanted to reward people, we could say they could keep "x" players at "$y" increase; for example the champion could keep 3 players at a $2 increase per year; 2nd place two players; 3rd place 1 player. (Instead of a $4 increase).

I wouldn't mind locking rosters on a weekly basis.

Auction leagues typically don't have a bench. The $260 is spread over 23 position players. The only way it could possibly be done is after Free For All Day, people could add players to their bench. The one thing this would hopefully help eliminate is the illegal rosters when someone adds a player and forgets to drop one.

I am all for more players; the more the merrier. 12 max, preferably but I would not be against more than that, too...

Fantasy Baseball: Larrupin' Lou's

NYYF Triple Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Big_E
    The salary cap is set per league; there is no way to give someone extra money. If we wanted to reward people, we could say they could keep "x" players at "$y" increase; for example the champion could keep 3 players at a $2 increase per year; 2nd place two players; 3rd place 1 player. (Instead of a $4 increase).

I wouldn't mind locking rosters on a weekly basis.

Auction leagues typically don't have a bench. The $260 is spread over 23 position players. The only way it could possibly be done is after Free For All Day, people could add players to their bench. The one thing this would hopefully help eliminate is the illegal rosters when someone adds a player and forgets to drop one.

I am all for more players; the more the merrier. 12 max, preferably but I would not be against more than that, too...
    Ohh yeah I like the keeper idea much better! Awesome idea.

I think the bench players could definitely be added after the auction. I think it also helps when someone intends on promoting a mL.

Truth be told, I don't think I can continue with the league. I don't think I'm being fair to you all by only checking my team every other week or so. If the league continues, I hope a replacement owner can be found.
    SI: Do you have a secret ambition?
    Igawa: That's secret.

"They should just practice during the regular season and show up for the playoffs -Ichiro on the Yankees

Thread Information